Suri

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:02 AM

c96aeea576.gif

Halloween Costume Contest 2016

Costume contest is back! Come and show off your creativity for a chance to win some sweet prizes!

Did you know?
Most experts believe that the tradition of wearing costumes on Halloween originated in ancient days with the Celtic festival of Samhain, where participants lit fires and wore costumes to scare away ghosts. Approximately 2,000 years ago, the Celts lived in an area now occupied by Ireland, northern France and the United Kingdom. The Celtic new year was Nov. 1, which marked the end of the harvest season and the beginning of the dark days of winter, signifying death. To them, the night before the new year was a time when the veil between the living and the dead was the thinnest, allowing spirits to cross over. The Celts celebrated Samhain on Oct. 31 to pay homage to these spirits, which they both feared and respected.

EVENT SPECIFICS: HOW TO PARTICIPATE

1. Pick one favorite NPC or Monster in Ragnarok Online to dress your Leika character as.
    Be creative! Talk to the Stylist, change hairstyle and cloth palette. Get that that awkward-hat out! Use props: a pet? a unique spot?
    Press the "F11" key twice~
    Here's an example submitted by Gionelles:
    Spoiler

2. Take a close-up screenshot of your creation, send your final screenshot and in-game nick thru a private message to me!
    Spoiler

NOTE: Screenshot must be taken at Leika-RO and participants are only allowed to submit one entry. No Photoshop/Paint edits allowed on your entry!
    Deadline to submit screenshot: Sunday October 30, 2016 at 23:59 server time.

CAST A VOTE

Our players and followers will determine the two best Halloween Costumes! So yeah, it's up to you to decide our winners. On Halloween day, two links will be activated below to cast your vote and pick your favorite. Polls will be open through October 31 to November 5, 2016.

PRIZES

SUMMARY OF CONTEST'S DATES

• Submissions deadline: Sunday October 30, 2016 Monday October 31, 18:00 server time.
  • Open polls: October 31 to November 5, 2016
  • Winners announced: Sunday November 6, 2016

... let the dress up battle begin! 38695efa7e.gif

Edited by Suri, 05 November 2016 - 02:28 PM.

• Cat and Meii like this

#2 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:23 AM

The deadline has been extended until 31st, 18:00 server time due to popular demand. Polls will be opened shortly after that.

#3 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:14 PM

Since Suri is too silly and softhearted, I'll break down the news myself.

Before anything, thanks to everyone for participating!

Here's a recap of the final votes:

Spoiler

First place:

Second place / Runners-up:

Rest of participants:

• Bag of Leika Coins (1000)

Congratulations to Kree, Yako and Pedo Korean!

We'll try to catch the winners in-game but it's better if you do a @request whenever you're ready.

Reminder that Halloween Event is ending this Monday and it will be followed up by Polar Abuse Friday this same week!

• Rueska likes this

#4 Suri

Suri

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:06 AM

I ain't softhearted, I'm a tough cookie (?).

Congrats guys!

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users