Photo

Server Features discussions and suggestions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
198 replies to this topic

#181 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:16 AM

I'll donate money and my body for sure.

#182 Maycha

Maycha

Hostess with the Mostess

• Player
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:43 AM

Mmm, I dunno if it went through on your end.

Alas, I do not appear to have gotten any Cash Points, though.

#183 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

Maycha I sent you a PM, and also updated the SQL to allow you to collect Aesir Points. I'll double them as you collect them :)

Problem should be fixed now, whoever feels like testing it, let me know so we can check it together!

#184 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:29 PM

Serveris back up, sorry for the crash, but expect these problems during these first few days ^^''

#185 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

Fixed the bug that was causing server crashes due to a bad usage of Camouflage code~

#186 Randfeon

Randfeon

Chonchon

• Player
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:59 AM

Didn't feel like making a new topic for something that was only discussed a bit here, so

I'm really excited about that Auto Shadow Spell hat it looks like it might make Auto Shadow Spell useful.

I was thinking about making those into additional rewards for completing the 3rd job change quests instead of using NPC.

Are those hats in yet? Seeing how the locked box system seems to be basically a grab bag for hats without quests, I'd hate to see them only being obtainable that way.

It doesn't look like the job changer NPC gives the default 3rd class hats (or green apple rings) yet, or at least it didn't around 3 days ago when I last used it.

#187 Byte

Byte

Puppetmaster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:11 AM

nearly every headgear in the game will be available through kawaii coins, events, lockboxes, or the cash shop. the iro specific gimmick hats will be available as well, but their acquisition method is undetermined

3rd job headgears have been fixed and will be given through the job changer npc on the next server restart

#188 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:16 AM

To specify, there's a list of around 300 headgears that I fixed and they will be added to kawaii coin vendor at first, more in progress.

#189 Bite

Bite

8bit

• Player
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

Are ALL these included as well? :x
http://nn.nachtwolke.com/dev/viewlist/

#190 Genki

Genki

autism

• Player
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:28 AM

To specify, there's a list of around 300 headgears that I fixed and they will be added to kawaii coin vendor at first, more in progress.

please more cute hats

#191 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

please more cute hats

Pff, not even 5,000 cute hats. Unsubscribed. Reported. Banned. Banana'd. Murdered. Wow. So killing. Much bad. Such select. Wow. Great no. Much hat. So helping. Wow.

Edited by Gionelles, 27 October 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#192 Mushie

Mushie

Chonchon

• Player
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:30 PM

As I've promised you in PM, here's bunch of suggestions I made for entirely different server. Feel free to use something if you find it good idea.

My replies in BLUE.

Str effect on atk change:

According to iRO wiki now 1 str gives 1 Status Atk and 0,5% Weapon Atk. Lowering amounts per point and adding static bonus every specific amount of points would increase value of stat points thus would bring back to use lot of hats that went to shit in renewal. % bonuses are already good, this change would balance value between stats and %.

0,5 SAtk and 0,2% WAek per point + 5 SAtk and 3% WAtk added every 10 points of str would give us the same amounts of atk we get now every 10 stat points so wouldn't turn stat calculators useless.

Int effect on Matk change:

According to iRO wiki 1 Int gives 1,5 Status Matk. Changing it to 0,5 SMatk per point + 10 SMatk every 10 Int would give us the same amounts at every Int amount rounded to 10 and have the same effect on stats value as in case of Atk change.

Question: What's with the increment bonuses of 10? I know in pre-RE it was like an exponential bonus but here it's linear to add INT.  As for STR, your weapon ATK gets slightly boosted (on a 1/200 scale) per point.  

Def formula change:

If you look at damage/Def graph, you'll see it's curved, horizontally asimptotic to be accurate. It means that the more def you have, the less effect per point it has and it's impossible to get 100% reduction. That's why your idea on increasing Def per refine is flawed.

Fully buffed RG with Def oriented +20 godly gears can reach around 2400-2500 def which is 80% reduction.

Fully buffed RK with Def oriented +20 godly gears can reach around 1200 def which is around 67% reduction.

Firstly, no one uses such gears because it's almost impossible to upgrade them to +20 and race reductions are better because they reduce both magic and physical dmg, secondly look at the difference between amounts of def and reduction. Almost 2 times more def adds only 13% to your damage reduction. For comparison 260 def gives 30% reduction.

0,03% dmg reduction per def pointwith 2400 def

0,05% dmg reduction per def point with 1200 def

0,12% dmg reduction per def point with 260 def

Solution to this is to bring back old formula but with 100 changed to 2500 for physical dmg immunity so each def point would give 0,04% reduction. In such setup RG would be able to get 100% when focused on def, RK, mechanic, maybe thief classes around 50%, soft classes like mages and priests around 30%. Sounds like a fair deal.

Another option is to change bonuses per refine to % to close the gaps between classes. Something like 5% base gear def per refine. This would give us 100% def increase at +20 so for example Rosa shield which has 130 base would give us 260 and Bone Helm which as 15 would give us 30. Then gears access would be the biggest restriction. This would require to check possible def amounts to know 100% reduction value and would render stat calculators useless in case of def.

Going neutral with this.  Prestige as a royal guard skill back in cookieRO was bugged if you tried comparing it to iRO's formulas.  It increased my hard DEF according to what I wore as gear instead of the fixed increase according to http://irowiki.org/wiki/Prestige.  At level 175 with defending aura level 5 I would only get just under an extra 220 hard DEF.  We possibly were following a kRO/jRO formula back then.

Mdef formula change:

Mdef has the same problem as Def + 1 weird thing. Here maximum possible amounts are around 250 (65% reduction right now) and class that can reach that is... Rune Knight thanks to Stonehard Skin rune. Priests and mages can get much less. Adding the same system as in case of def with difference of 250 for 100% would solve problem. To be honest, I don't even see any need to nerf Stonehard Skin rune since now beside steel body sura we would have 2 other really good tanks: RG for physical dmg and RK for magical, and it kinda makes sense to leave other classes as supports/dmg dealers/glass cannons and allow swordman branch to tank things. Besides what are dragons and runes if not "magic"?

• Damage after Hard MDEF = Damage × [(1000 + HardMDEF) ÷ (1000 + HardMDEF × 10)]

That's iRO's formula.  50 HardMDEF is 30% reduction.  100 HardMDEF is 45% reduction.  200 HardMDEF is 60% reduction. It was nice of official RO teams to update the MATK to be linear and put them on weapons but they failed on boosting MDEF via directly through equips or refine bonuses (compare it to HardDEF).  

It's not like the old days where we have a player with full MDEF equips to put an 80% reduction.  Are we taking the assumption that the MATK formula was nerfed?

WoE reduction manipulation:

In pre-re we had such good WoE because of teamwork. Teamwork was needed because in the end reductions were so high, you couldn't kill anyone alone. HW without defo and support sucked, creo without bragi had too low dps to kill even chars with high vit etc. In other words, teamwork was crucial to actually kill anyone. In renewal with a bit of luck one RK or inspi RG can run into guild mob and wipe it/cripple to the point it won't be able to accomplish anything in the castle. By increasing GvG reductions in castles and GvG arenas we can bring back the situation in which nobody can kill anybody unless he has support/enemy is debuffed/fire is concentrated on 1 target. Tests would be needed to check what would be good new reduction values.

http://forums.irowik...ad.php?t=101531

Lux Anima Runestone effects:

Rune Knight's Rune Mastery

A 10th rune has been added that can be crafted if you know level 10 rune mastery.
Lux Anima Rune Stone - Materials: Gold x 3, Light Granule x 3
Bestows current active rune buffs to all party members within 7x7 area.
Buff duration: 60 seconds
Eligible Rune buffs: Millennium Shield, Refresh, Giant Cross, Stone Skin, Vitality Activation, Abundance.

Gold is precious for GVG now.  Every class is gonna get millenium shield.

Castle Drops change:

Treasure chests drops are outdated as fuck. The only valuable drops are BBs, OCAs, and god quest ingridients. This needs a change. I wouldn't put any good WoE gears there since if guild is holding a castle, it means it's probably good so boosting them with gears unavaible to others would increase the gap. Instead of this I'd put there WoE mats so guild would be able to support itself with just treasure chests without wasting time for farming (and less farming = less zeny on the server = slow/lack of "inflation"). This would allow successful guild to spend their time in instances, BG/PvP or warming prontera tiles with their butts while chatting. Adding some unique hats that are avaible only from treasure chests would be nice market good and maybe bring some new players to WoE. Maybe some small chances for tickets that allow normally expensive service to be used for free (one ticket, one use) or little amount of cash shop tickets.

This is why the staff should stalk the official RO's events, castle drops drop box event updates.  At one time those drop boxes could contain MCA ie mini boss cards.

God items change:

Some of them, like megins are clearly broken. They either need a nerf or replacement with other items. It'd be shame to completly disable god item quests because they're actually kinda challenging, not because of monsters avaible there, but because of short time required to finish. I was thinking about replacing them with utility items like rfinement ores that have 100% success chance but you already changed refinement system so probably it'd be too much.

God items are like holding MVP cards.  You need a flippin' large population to do the God Item Quests (resulting in lots of LVL 4 weapons being given out to 400+ characters) before it can be activated if I remember correctly.

Possibility to lvl up in PvP arenas and BG:

Simply maing NPC that exchanges players skulls and badges for exp/zeny/mats would allow this. I'm sure someone would find a way to abuse it, but I wouldn't worry about it. There's huge part of community that cares ONLY about WoE. Low rate servers aren't appealing for them. they play either on super high rates or SuperWoE servers, especially pre-re ones. To bring them, it's needed to allow them to "skip" grinding and support themselves mainly through various PvP forms. System that checks lvl of player whose name is on the skull and compare it with lvl of player who brings the skull to NPC and maybe making skulls untradeale would allow to reduce abuse of this system greatly and allow to reward players only for beating indiviuals with similar lvl. I bet people would still kill newbs if they found them, but at least it wouldn't be rewarded.

Since I currently play another MMORPG (which is not free to play, you must buy it), I have seen this feature before.  At most 30 players involved to fight for approximately 20 minutes straight but we shouldn't make this seem better than usual leveling methods.  On the other hand.... KVM last time needed at least 2 players per team (4 players in total) to work which I find was abusable as opposed to having the 5v5.

Teamplay promoting party system that allows rate manipulations:

This idea has been already tested on another server and it can solve your rates problem. Disabling exp division in party would make everyone to get 100% exp + bonus per party member. Official bonus is 20% I think so in full party total bonus would be 240%. That means every party member would get 340% exp per monster kill. It allows the server to cover needs of players liking both low rates and mid rates. x10 rate could be turned to x34, x15 to around x50. It also encourages players to play in groups, and groups are capable of dealing with more challenging places resulting in increase number of possible lvling spots. Ofc this system should cover only exp rates, not drops.

iRO states it's 320% exp per monster kill in a party of 12 shared so effective 27% of the exp per character.  Lemme get this straight from the other MMO I play, the moment you have a 2 player party your shared exp doesn't fall dramatically to 60% effective per character but more like 80%+.  In a team of 5 a monster wouldn't give lower than 60% of my the usual exp to the character.

Slight market improvement:

RO is very messy game. There's a lot of items, usually MvP drops, that are too shitty to sell in vends, but too good to sell in shops for 10z. Changing prices of these items in the database would create alternative to mindless grind in a form of hunting MvPs or monsters with rare drops. Sadly you can't avoid prices reaching dozens of hundreds of millions without nerfing prices of half of items in the database. These high prices are there because it's simply possible to farm such high amount of cash in this game. Suggested alternative is surely more interesting than grind so there's a chance that it'll discourage players from grinding for hours which generates massive sums of money. It'd also give some use for those items. I think prices should be varying from 100k to couple of millions depending on item, drop chance and monster that drops it.

Is there a better way to look for an item being vended via a search function rather than double clicking on all shops in a market gathering area?  In addition could we potentially not add characters on @autotrade as part of the online population.  It's a misleading figure on many private servers.

MvP cards changes:

I see you already talked about nerf or MvP card disabling in WoE so I'll just list problematic cards:

Hibram

Detal

GTB

TaoGunka

Thanatos

maybe Ktull depending on what we'll do with Dragonbreath

Ghostring, Maya and Develing are rather borderline so I'd leave them for now.

Problematic equips to me is only valkyrie armor.

Useless cards improvement:

Lot of cards became completly useless when renewal was implemented. Now cards that give for example 1-2 def are just shit. For all such cards multiplying effect by 10, maybe 5 if card has some potential would bring them back to usefullness and rather wouldn't break anything.

Stack X amount of cards to produce one Y card, hmm...

Magic dmg improvement:

Magic in renwal really suffers. In pre-re physical skills already had advantage of much higher dps thanks to spammability, more buffs, endows and more options of def bypassing. Now new cast mechanic hits magic most and mages don't have AoE monopoly anymore so they're reduced only to support roles. Renewal also introduced %cards that increase magic dmg to races others than demi human. Problem is that they increase dmg by just 10%, not 20% like physical cards, and staves have usually less slots. Increasing % from 10 to 20 would help a bit. Another solution will be listed in skills changes below.

Warlocks to me have huge AOE atk but with cd.  Nearly every class has some ranged or aoe skill now.  Take BP from Royal Guard.

Skill changes:

Shadow Chaser:

>Shadow Form - SF is now spammable and allows to redirect every dmg to any character making chaser really hard to take out. Best bet is inflicting some status, but with current character building that doesn't encourage specialization and increased lvl/stat caps ststus effects are in very bad condition. Changing revealing skills to have 100% to break SF and decreasing their check interval would make SF impossible to use at really close ranges (where chaser can reach with his masquarades) and make ranger's falcons useful since they can reveal at distance. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

>Feint Bomb - disable backslide effect in WoE.

Or enable backslide for everybody (with detrimental causes to front portal defense).

Ranger:

>Ankle Snare- bring back old mechanics where lock duration isn't affected by str/agi/whatever of trapped player or at least increase amounts needed to reduce duration. 

>Claymore - maybe bring back old effect that amde this trap to hit number of times equal to number of targets in the range.

>Unlimit - either nerf it or change bonus to affect only base atk and add it on the end of formula. This would be great addition for aspd buffs, but wouldn't turn AS broken.

For ankle snare, iRO states it traps the player for at least 7 seconds (even if they have infinity AGI) or at most 20 seconds.

Claymore I don't mind that custom change, everyone has millenium shield.

Royal Guard:

>Inspiration - needs atk bonus decrease. Right now inspi RG can wipe whole guild in 2-3 hits while being one of the most tanky class.

It's their limit break (as well as banding...ugh).

Rune Knight:

>Dragonbreaths - demi human reduction piercing wasn't that bad idea. Actually it was nice because it had potential to bring more variety of equipment to WoE. At start this skill was broken because it could be reduced only by fire armor and long range reductions, no other fire reduction. Simply adding possibility to reduce it with all kinds of fire reductions, water armor and dragon reductions would fix it while leaving equip veriety. The same should be made with Water Dragonbreath.

>Stormblast Rune - either decrease dmg slightly or increase cooldown slightly.

Geneticist:

>Hell Plant - change to earth element and possibility to reduce dmg by plant reductions. Maybe slight cooldown increase.

>Acid Demonstration - formula needs to be reworked. Sure it needs mats but possible dmg output is huge right now, it's possible to kill any MvP really fast with just geneticist.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Hell_Plant

Hell's plant deals 50% dmg in WoE.

It's really hard to do 32k dmg with two of those and besides, BG equips gives you more HP.  My vit build GX would have 32k hp (still fragile) and with extremely good gearing (we know some from cookieRO), above 50k hp max.

Mechanic:

Slides - disable in WoE. They're already hard to take out with mobile pneumas, anti target fields. Possibility to jump through any precast or trap without any consequences is too much. There's a reason why backslide was disabled in pre-re.

Weapon Upgrade - I saw you already buffed it. I'd like to just add that Mechanic can't reach as high jlvl as Whitesmith and jlvl affected refine chance.

MADO armor - This also has been discussed. Mechanic needs to have some possibility to recast his robot for instances etc. To prevent abuse in WoE, giving such skill/ability cooldown of, let's say 5 minutes, would be good idea.

Sorcerer:

Mind Breaker - change it to suffragium type buff (impossible to cast on yourself) and maybe nerf if needed (though I think it was changed to affect only SMatk but for some reason can't find any info about it now). Sorc doesn't need any more dmg buffs because with lots of utility skills, new toys in form of insignias and summons it's already great, especially when kaahi is abused, but magic needs a buff. This would allow better sorc + WL/AB/eventually SC cooperation and boost these magic users.

Fiberlock - bring back old mechanic in which it stopped target instantly.

Job change modification:

Modify NPC to allow players to skip high novice and high frst class. Job change path should look like this:

Novice (10) > First class (50) > Second class (50) > Trans class (99/70) > Thirt class

Recovery items delays:

Get rid of that shit with exception of yggs.

BG pots and their 10% max hp heals for players above 70k hp. Imagine if there was a tank army of them! XD

Can someone check if this is in effect?
GFist has a cooldown of 10 seconds.  During this 10 seconds, are you able to use SP Healing items or not?  iRO states no.

#193 Mushie

Mushie

Chonchon

• Player
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

As I've promised you in PM, here's bunch of suggestions I made for entirely different server. Feel free to use something if you find it good idea.

My replies in BLUE.

Str effect on atk change:

According to iRO wiki now 1 str gives 1 Status Atk and 0,5% Weapon Atk. Lowering amounts per point and adding static bonus every specific amount of points would increase value of stat points thus would bring back to use lot of hats that went to shit in renewal. % bonuses are already good, this change would balance value between stats and %.

0,5 SAtk and 0,2% WAek per point + 5 SAtk and 3% WAtk added every 10 points of str would give us the same amounts of atk we get now every 10 stat points so wouldn't turn stat calculators useless.

Int effect on Matk change:

According to iRO wiki 1 Int gives 1,5 Status Matk. Changing it to 0,5 SMatk per point + 10 SMatk every 10 Int would give us the same amounts at every Int amount rounded to 10 and have the same effect on stats value as in case of Atk change.

Question: What's with the increment bonuses of 10? I know in pre-RE it was like an exponential bonus but here it's linear to add INT.  As for STR, your weapon ATK gets slightly boosted (on a 1/200 scale) per point.  

Def formula change:

If you look at damage/Def graph, you'll see it's curved, horizontally asimptotic to be accurate. It means that the more def you have, the less effect per point it has and it's impossible to get 100% reduction. That's why your idea on increasing Def per refine is flawed.

Fully buffed RG with Def oriented +20 godly gears can reach around 2400-2500 def which is 80% reduction.

Fully buffed RK with Def oriented +20 godly gears can reach around 1200 def which is around 67% reduction.

Firstly, no one uses such gears because it's almost impossible to upgrade them to +20 and race reductions are better because they reduce both magic and physical dmg, secondly look at the difference between amounts of def and reduction. Almost 2 times more def adds only 13% to your damage reduction. For comparison 260 def gives 30% reduction.

0,03% dmg reduction per def pointwith 2400 def

0,05% dmg reduction per def point with 1200 def

0,12% dmg reduction per def point with 260 def

Solution to this is to bring back old formula but with 100 changed to 2500 for physical dmg immunity so each def point would give 0,04% reduction. In such setup RG would be able to get 100% when focused on def, RK, mechanic, maybe thief classes around 50%, soft classes like mages and priests around 30%. Sounds like a fair deal.

Another option is to change bonuses per refine to % to close the gaps between classes. Something like 5% base gear def per refine. This would give us 100% def increase at +20 so for example Rosa shield which has 130 base would give us 260 and Bone Helm which as 15 would give us 30. Then gears access would be the biggest restriction. This would require to check possible def amounts to know 100% reduction value and would render stat calculators useless in case of def.

Going neutral with this.  Prestige as a royal guard skill back in cookieRO was bugged if you tried comparing it to iRO's formulas.  It increased my hard DEF according to what I wore as gear instead of the fixed increase according to http://irowiki.org/wiki/Prestige.  At level 175 with defending aura level 5 I would only get just under an extra 220 hard DEF.  We possibly were following a kRO/jRO formula back then.

Mdef formula change:

Mdef has the same problem as Def + 1 weird thing. Here maximum possible amounts are around 250 (65% reduction right now) and class that can reach that is... Rune Knight thanks to Stonehard Skin rune. Priests and mages can get much less. Adding the same system as in case of def with difference of 250 for 100% would solve problem. To be honest, I don't even see any need to nerf Stonehard Skin rune since now beside steel body sura we would have 2 other really good tanks: RG for physical dmg and RK for magical, and it kinda makes sense to leave other classes as supports/dmg dealers/glass cannons and allow swordman branch to tank things. Besides what are dragons and runes if not "magic"?

• Damage after Hard MDEF = Damage × [(1000 + HardMDEF) ÷ (1000 + HardMDEF × 10)]

That's iRO's formula.  50 HardMDEF is 30% reduction.  100 HardMDEF is 45% reduction.  200 HardMDEF is 60% reduction. It was nice of official RO teams to update the MATK to be linear and put them on weapons but they failed on boosting MDEF via directly through equips or refine bonuses (compare it to HardDEF).  

It's not like the old days where we have a player with full MDEF equips to put an 80% reduction.  Are we taking the assumption that the MATK formula was nerfed?

WoE reduction manipulation:

In pre-re we had such good WoE because of teamwork. Teamwork was needed because in the end reductions were so high, you couldn't kill anyone alone. HW without defo and support sucked, creo without bragi had too low dps to kill even chars with high vit etc. In other words, teamwork was crucial to actually kill anyone. In renewal with a bit of luck one RK or inspi RG can run into guild mob and wipe it/cripple to the point it won't be able to accomplish anything in the castle. By increasing GvG reductions in castles and GvG arenas we can bring back the situation in which nobody can kill anybody unless he has support/enemy is debuffed/fire is concentrated on 1 target. Tests would be needed to check what would be good new reduction values.

http://forums.irowik...ad.php?t=101531

Lux Anima Runestone effects:

Rune Knight's Rune Mastery

A 10th rune has been added that can be crafted if you know level 10 rune mastery.
Lux Anima Rune Stone - Materials: Gold x 3, Light Granule x 3
Bestows current active rune buffs to all party members within 7x7 area.
Buff duration: 60 seconds
Eligible Rune buffs: Millennium Shield, Refresh, Giant Cross, Stone Skin, Vitality Activation, Abundance.

Gold is precious for GVG now.  Every class is gonna get millenium shield.

Castle Drops change:

Treasure chests drops are outdated as fuck. The only valuable drops are BBs, OCAs, and god quest ingridients. This needs a change. I wouldn't put any good WoE gears there since if guild is holding a castle, it means it's probably good so boosting them with gears unavaible to others would increase the gap. Instead of this I'd put there WoE mats so guild would be able to support itself with just treasure chests without wasting time for farming (and less farming = less zeny on the server = slow/lack of "inflation"). This would allow successful guild to spend their time in instances, BG/PvP or warming prontera tiles with their butts while chatting. Adding some unique hats that are avaible only from treasure chests would be nice market good and maybe bring some new players to WoE. Maybe some small chances for tickets that allow normally expensive service to be used for free (one ticket, one use) or little amount of cash shop tickets.

This is why the staff should stalk the official RO's events, castle drops drop box event updates.  At one time those drop boxes could contain MCA ie mini boss cards.

God items change:

Some of them, like megins are clearly broken. They either need a nerf or replacement with other items. It'd be shame to completly disable god item quests because they're actually kinda challenging, not because of monsters avaible there, but because of short time required to finish. I was thinking about replacing them with utility items like rfinement ores that have 100% success chance but you already changed refinement system so probably it'd be too much.

God items are like holding MVP cards.  You need a flippin' large population to do the God Item Quests (resulting in lots of LVL 4 weapons being given out to 400+ characters) before it can be activated if I remember correctly.

Possibility to lvl up in PvP arenas and BG:

Simply maing NPC that exchanges players skulls and badges for exp/zeny/mats would allow this. I'm sure someone would find a way to abuse it, but I wouldn't worry about it. There's huge part of community that cares ONLY about WoE. Low rate servers aren't appealing for them. they play either on super high rates or SuperWoE servers, especially pre-re ones. To bring them, it's needed to allow them to "skip" grinding and support themselves mainly through various PvP forms. System that checks lvl of player whose name is on the skull and compare it with lvl of player who brings the skull to NPC and maybe making skulls untradeale would allow to reduce abuse of this system greatly and allow to reward players only for beating indiviuals with similar lvl. I bet people would still kill newbs if they found them, but at least it wouldn't be rewarded.

Since I currently play another MMORPG (which is not free to play, you must buy it), I have seen this feature before.  At most 30 players involved to fight for approximately 20 minutes straight but we shouldn't make this seem better than usual leveling methods.  On the other hand.... KVM last time needed at least 2 players per team (4 players in total) to work which I find was abusable as opposed to having the 5v5.

Teamplay promoting party system that allows rate manipulations:

This idea has been already tested on another server and it can solve your rates problem. Disabling exp division in party would make everyone to get 100% exp + bonus per party member. Official bonus is 20% I think so in full party total bonus would be 240%. That means every party member would get 340% exp per monster kill. It allows the server to cover needs of players liking both low rates and mid rates. x10 rate could be turned to x34, x15 to around x50. It also encourages players to play in groups, and groups are capable of dealing with more challenging places resulting in increase number of possible lvling spots. Ofc this system should cover only exp rates, not drops.

iRO states it's 320% exp per monster kill in a party of 12 shared so effective 27% of the exp per character.  Lemme get this straight from the other MMO I play, the moment you have a 2 player party your shared exp doesn't fall dramatically to 60% effective per character but more like 80%+.  In a team of 5 a monster wouldn't give lower than 60% of my the usual exp to the character.

Slight market improvement:

RO is very messy game. There's a lot of items, usually MvP drops, that are too shitty to sell in vends, but too good to sell in shops for 10z. Changing prices of these items in the database would create alternative to mindless grind in a form of hunting MvPs or monsters with rare drops. Sadly you can't avoid prices reaching dozens of hundreds of millions without nerfing prices of half of items in the database. These high prices are there because it's simply possible to farm such high amount of cash in this game. Suggested alternative is surely more interesting than grind so there's a chance that it'll discourage players from grinding for hours which generates massive sums of money. It'd also give some use for those items. I think prices should be varying from 100k to couple of millions depending on item, drop chance and monster that drops it.

Is there a better way to look for an item being vended via a search function rather than double clicking on all shops in a market gathering area?  In addition could we potentially not add characters on @autotrade as part of the online population.  It's a misleading figure on many private servers.

MvP cards changes:

I see you already talked about nerf or MvP card disabling in WoE so I'll just list problematic cards:

Hibram

Detal

GTB

TaoGunka

Thanatos

maybe Ktull depending on what we'll do with Dragonbreath

Ghostring, Maya and Develing are rather borderline so I'd leave them for now.

Problematic equips to me is only valkyrie armor.

Useless cards improvement:

Lot of cards became completly useless when renewal was implemented. Now cards that give for example 1-2 def are just shit. For all such cards multiplying effect by 10, maybe 5 if card has some potential would bring them back to usefullness and rather wouldn't break anything.

Stack X amount of cards to produce one Y card, hmm...

Magic dmg improvement:

Magic in renwal really suffers. In pre-re physical skills already had advantage of much higher dps thanks to spammability, more buffs, endows and more options of def bypassing. Now new cast mechanic hits magic most and mages don't have AoE monopoly anymore so they're reduced only to support roles. Renewal also introduced %cards that increase magic dmg to races others than demi human. Problem is that they increase dmg by just 10%, not 20% like physical cards, and staves have usually less slots. Increasing % from 10 to 20 would help a bit. Another solution will be listed in skills changes below.

Warlocks to me have huge AOE atk but with cd.  Nearly every class has some ranged or aoe skill now.  Take BP from Royal Guard.

Skill changes:

Shadow Chaser:

>Shadow Form - SF is now spammable and allows to redirect every dmg to any character making chaser really hard to take out. Best bet is inflicting some status, but with current character building that doesn't encourage specialization and increased lvl/stat caps ststus effects are in very bad condition. Changing revealing skills to have 100% to break SF and decreasing their check interval would make SF impossible to use at really close ranges (where chaser can reach with his masquarades) and make ranger's falcons useful since they can reveal at distance. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

>Feint Bomb - disable backslide effect in WoE.

Or enable backslide for everybody (with detrimental causes to front portal defense).

Ranger:

>Ankle Snare- bring back old mechanics where lock duration isn't affected by str/agi/whatever of trapped player or at least increase amounts needed to reduce duration. 

>Claymore - maybe bring back old effect that amde this trap to hit number of times equal to number of targets in the range.

>Unlimit - either nerf it or change bonus to affect only base atk and add it on the end of formula. This would be great addition for aspd buffs, but wouldn't turn AS broken.

For ankle snare, iRO states it traps the player for at least 7 seconds (even if they have infinity AGI) or at most 20 seconds.

Claymore I don't mind that custom change, everyone has millenium shield.

Royal Guard:

>Inspiration - needs atk bonus decrease. Right now inspi RG can wipe whole guild in 2-3 hits while being one of the most tanky class.

It's their limit break (as well as banding...ugh).

Rune Knight:

>Dragonbreaths - demi human reduction piercing wasn't that bad idea. Actually it was nice because it had potential to bring more variety of equipment to WoE. At start this skill was broken because it could be reduced only by fire armor and long range reductions, no other fire reduction. Simply adding possibility to reduce it with all kinds of fire reductions, water armor and dragon reductions would fix it while leaving equip veriety. The same should be made with Water Dragonbreath.

>Stormblast Rune - either decrease dmg slightly or increase cooldown slightly.

Geneticist:

>Hell Plant - change to earth element and possibility to reduce dmg by plant reductions. Maybe slight cooldown increase.

>Acid Demonstration - formula needs to be reworked. Sure it needs mats but possible dmg output is huge right now, it's possible to kill any MvP really fast with just geneticist.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Hell_Plant

Hell's plant deals 50% dmg in WoE.

It's really hard to do 32k dmg with two of those and besides, BG equips gives you more HP.  My vit build GX would have 32k hp (still fragile) and with extremely good gearing (we know some from cookieRO), above 50k hp max.

Mechanic:

Slides - disable in WoE. They're already hard to take out with mobile pneumas, anti target fields. Possibility to jump through any precast or trap without any consequences is too much. There's a reason why backslide was disabled in pre-re.

Weapon Upgrade - I saw you already buffed it. I'd like to just add that Mechanic can't reach as high jlvl as Whitesmith and jlvl affected refine chance.

MADO armor - This also has been discussed. Mechanic needs to have some possibility to recast his robot for instances etc. To prevent abuse in WoE, giving such skill/ability cooldown of, let's say 5 minutes, would be good idea.

Sorcerer:

Mind Breaker - change it to suffragium type buff (impossible to cast on yourself) and maybe nerf if needed (though I think it was changed to affect only SMatk but for some reason can't find any info about it now). Sorc doesn't need any more dmg buffs because with lots of utility skills, new toys in form of insignias and summons it's already great, especially when kaahi is abused, but magic needs a buff. This would allow better sorc + WL/AB/eventually SC cooperation and boost these magic users.

Fiberlock - bring back old mechanic in which it stopped target instantly.

Job change modification:

Modify NPC to allow players to skip high novice and high frst class. Job change path should look like this:

Novice (10) > First class (50) > Second class (50) > Trans class (99/70) > Thirt class

Recovery items delays:

Get rid of that shit with exception of yggs.

BG pots and their 10% max hp heals for players above 70k hp. Imagine if there was a tank army of them! XD

Can someone check if this is in effect?
GFist has a cooldown of 10 seconds.  During this 10 seconds, are you able to use SP Healing items or not?  iRO states no.

#194 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

oh jason youre here, now i need some codes for something..... :ph34r: muhahaha

#195 Mushie

Mushie

Chonchon

• Player
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:18 PM

@OOT - Krabs, your display pic should be slightly adjusted to one of these images.

https://www.google.c...ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Edited by Mushie, 27 October 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#196 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:37 PM

@Mushie

I'd like to reply with another wall of text but it's late and I need to wake up early tommorrow. Today I'll just ask why did you pick just my post from all of the suggestions in this thread?

#197 Mushie

Mushie

Chonchon

• Player
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:45 AM

@Psor - It was one of the only posts in the past 10 pages that addressed a severe amount of gameplay mechanics.

#198 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Chonchon

• Player
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

Stats/Skills saving at reset NPC? Save yours WoE build when active and after WoE change back again! :3

#199 Guest_Satsujinki_*

Guest_Satsujinki_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

Stats/Skills saving at reset NPC? Save yours WoE build when active and after WoE change back again! :3

There's a Build Manager NPC, although I haven't tried it yet (not sure if it is also free under lv. 130, etc)