Photo

Server Features discussions and suggestions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
198 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Satsujinki_*

Guest_Satsujinki_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

7) Character /account making restriction

What does that mean?

I guess she means that would be annoying to see someone with 11 accounts multiclienting to do everything, and I agree.

I won't put direct limitations though, also because it would be very hard to check for legit/non-legit accounts. It will simply be easier and better to play with active party members, that's why I didn't do any post about party exp share and such. It's still under discussion to decide the best way to handle it :)

Along with these lines, are you allowing us to create multiple accounts under one e-mail address? or strictly one account per e-mail address?

#42 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

1. Make 10 clients autofollow 11th client
2. Kill shit on 12th client
3. Every minute or something alt+tab to move just 11th client which drags 10 other clients automatically
4. Eventually move your alts to some tight place where monsters rather do not spawn and make 11th client autofollow 1st client, 1st client autofolow 2nd client and 2nd one autofollow 11th, then all your alts will be constantly moving on theirs own.

Either leave it alone or come up with something that will actually have any effect like exp is given only when you see monster dying (exp share within screen range, just like it works with quest log kills) to force all MCs to follow main char or main char mob monsters from the other side of map, or allow DeadBranchBombing afking alts without consequences. I know there always will be people who would find destroying someone's alt chars fun.

You instantly awakened a strange "want to rape who does that" feeling from deep within me :3

#43 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

My opinion is you shouldn't put a direct limit, but deal with it on a case by case basis, so you know who is actually abusing and who isn't. Implementing a exp/drop time limit should solve most problems. Over 12 accounts online at once should definitely raise a flag and prompt you to investigate but shouldn't automatically block them. Otherwise innocent players like Sear won't be able to show off all his chars at the same time which he enjoys doing, I don't know why but it's not my place to question other peoples playing style XD

I had a lengthy debate with lutfisk about this where my posts were deleted because I disagreed lolol (hence why I'm interested here and also hence why maycha came here cos he saw the blatant censorship ufufuf)

Edited by Scias, 05 September 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#44 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

Stop talking about your imaginary server Psor.

#45 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:14 PM

Site finished, filling it with content now :)

Also, server host has been bought, it will be hosted in Washington DC, USA East Coast :3

#46 NamiTheKat

NamiTheKat

IceMaiden

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:59 AM

I guess she means that would be annoying to see someone with 11 accounts multiclienting to do everything, and I agree.

I won't put direct limitations though, also because it would be very hard to check for legit/non-legit accounts. It will simply be easier and better to play with active party members, that's why I didn't do any post about party exp share and such. It's still under discussion to decide the best way to handle it :)

OK Thanks Rik for understanding and explaining :P

1. Make 10 clients autofollow 11th client
2. Kill shit on 12th client
3. Every minute or something alt+tab to move just 11th client which drags 10 other clients automatically
4. Eventually move your alts to some tight place where monsters rather do not spawn and make 11th client autofollow 1st client, 1st client autofolow 2nd client and 2nd one autofollow 11th, then all your alts will be constantly moving on theirs own.

Either leave it alone or come up with something that will actually have any effect like exp is given only when you see monster dying (exp share within screen range, just like it works with quest log kills) to force all MCs to follow main char or main char mob monsters from the other side of map, or allow DeadBranchBombing afking alts without consequences. I know there always will be people who would find destroying someone's alt chars fun.

Omg 11 chars !!!!! and plus one =12 

Then what point in playing social server ???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#47 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

That was just example of how easy it is to bypass afk counters you silly goose.

#48 NamiTheKat

NamiTheKat

IceMaiden

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

Duh!!! you should have mentioned clearly its an example :P

#49 Maycha

Maycha

Hostess with the Mostess

• Player
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:58 PM

Hmm~.

In the topic, the Base/Job EXP are specified as 15x each. However, on the Info section of the website they are both said to be 10x each. Typo, or were the rates changed?

#50 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:50 AM

Server Informations

Please note that this is a temporary list!

:P

#51 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

How's the work going?

#52 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:01 PM

Fixing various skills atm, and just done adding mobs achievement to my local test server :)

#53 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:57 PM

Beta will probably start next week, right?

#54 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:59 PM

We are testing and fixing a crapload of skills so it might take longer than that.

Hercules is pretty green so most of homunculus s, spirit/insignias and new skills aren't working properly or working at all, some old skills are also broken.

#55 Maycha

Maycha

Hostess with the Mostess

• Player
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

Mmm, well I saw that it was a temporary list. But I figured that I would ask just in case. I mean, it's weird to have 2 different rates, even if one is only a placeholder.

#56 NamiTheKat

NamiTheKat

IceMaiden

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:47 AM

Keep up the good work boyzz  ;)

#57 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

Done with Fixing Alchemist Branch of Skills (Mostrly gentetic-releated stuff), moving on fixing Mechanic :)

(Still have to check and fix Homunculus S)

#58 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

Remember there're still people willing to help if you'll need any. I still have half month free.

#59 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

Unfortunately, coding is something I have to think of myself :(

If anyone want to thin about some nice loading screen, I'm all about implementing them! :D

#60 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:00 PM

Well, I'll wait for beta then.