65 replies to this topic

#1 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

These new 3rd job sprites came out not long ago. Let's be honest, they look quite awesome. What do you guys think. But, the question is, are we getting these?

http://hercules.ws/b...rd-job-sprites/

#2 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

Ooh, this looks really nifty, and the fact that it was posted in Hercules forums makes me even more curious. Assuming the full sprites exist somewhere on the internet already, I'd like to see them implemented myself (lol RK would have three different sprites). Of course, this kind of thing might take a while though - low priority is low. -

For now, i'll see if full sprites exist somewhere.

The RK dragon mount is all one sprite, so you can't normally mix and match any character sprite with any dragon sprite.

Allowing you to switch between two character sprites and mix/match them with dragon sprites would mean creating four new sprites for you to choose from (so you could have the old sprite on the new mount, and vice versa). While this is possible, it's a lot more time consuming then just simply adding in the other default sprites.

Basically, the sprite for any character, mounted or not is broken down into three moving images: the head/hairstyle, the body (including the mount, if applicable), and the equipment (hats, swords, shields, etc).

As for how to change sprites, I'd think we'd put that option in the stylist or something, but kafra rental would work too I guess...? Or rather, you would select weather you wanted to look like the old or new RK on the stylist, and based on that selection, your mount would naturally correspond when you selected it from the kafra rental.

• BeI likes this

#3 Rueska

Rueska

ice ice baby

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:18 PM

I like Shadow Chaser one... And I'm a little bit negative with Arch Bishop sprite but I could eventually go with it. Sura is also nice, but it kind of lost a bit of awesomeness as for me, you know, the hardy look |3

They're quite nice, but yeah, it's not like they have high priority.

Edited by Rueska, 11 November 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#4 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:38 PM

We're adding all the resources from kRO, jRO, iRO, twRO, etc soon. Issue is that something like needs clientside work.

#5 NamiTheKat

NamiTheKat

IceMaiden

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLowly sinners,as each we are, Aspire to the domed heav'ns. Fickle fate points beyond, Where a supine city beckons!

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:53 PM

Sorc sprite is way hotter and cool  :P

#6 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:23 PM

If you mean choosing permanently when job changing, I'd have to disagree.

I'd rather have it be a certain costume the stylist gives. I would hate having to choose between the two and end up regretting the choice. 

• Gionelles likes this

#7 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:07 PM

Well, making new custom sprites is always a tedious issue, so it'll probably be while before I actually start working on things like a custom palette, more hairstyles, new sprites, etc. I'm willing to do it, but just know that these kinds of custom changes take a very long time to do, and of course, the payoff is small.

#8 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:46 PM

Well, making new custom sprites is always a tedious issue, so it'll probably be while before I actually start working on things like a custom palette, more hairstyles, new sprites, etc. I'm willing to do it, but just know that these kinds of custom changes take a very long time to do, and of course, the payoff is small.

small...yet satisfying

#9 fish

fish

Stranger

• Player
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

Talking about sprite..

is it possible to add a feature where a player can "wear" (or change) their sprite to another job? or at least the sprites of their own job class.

Like I mean, a Genetic can change their sprite to Creator. because creator has better sprite

Edited by fish, 11 November 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#10 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:23 PM

Talking about sprite..

is it possible to add a feature where a player can "wear" (or change) their spire to another job, or at least the sprites of their own job class.

Like I mean, a Genetic can change their sprite to Creator. because creator has better sprite

speaking of sprite

Attached Thumbnails

• Sprite-Soda.png

• Rueska likes this

#11 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:55 PM

Talking about sprite..

is it possible to add a feature where a player can "wear" (or change) their sprite to another job? or at least the sprites of their own job class.

You mean like a costume sprite attached directly to your character (IE: not equipment)?

And It's certainly possible in theory, but I am concerned that people would use it to hide their class during WoE/PvP/BG. I can see it causing confusion with leveling and MVP parties too.

• BeI likes this

#12 Randfeon

Randfeon

Chonchon

• Player
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:37 AM

Reminder that those aren't really new sprites, as Rytech said in that thread they're basically alternate cash shop sprites for those classes.
Wouldn't mind seeing them here, though. And while we're at it, wouldn't mind seeing the official alternative palettes here either.

#13 fish

fish

Stranger

• Player
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:09 AM

You mean like a costume sprite attached directly to your character (IE: not equipment)?

And It's certainly possible in theory, but I am concerned that people would use it to hide their class during WoE/PvP/BG. I can see it causing confusion with leveling and MVP parties too.

Yes.
Maybe disable it on WoE/PvP/BG?
Will it still be confusing even with class and level restriction? like maybe only max leveled 3rd jobs can use them.

#14 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:44 AM

Having max level third job being the only ones able to switch into their transcendent sprites could work, as you'd still be able to see the yellow aura, showing that they were actually level 175.

However, this idea is not compatible with the idea of letting every class in the game (snipers, novices, taekwons, etc. etc.) all get to level 175 anyways (an idea that I'm still discussing with the rest of the team). In my opinion, allowing all classes to cap out at 175, regardless of their job would be a more valuable change then disguising your third class character as another class. It still means that rangers will look like rangers, suras will look like suras, and so on and so forth.

How does that idea sound to you?

#15 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:51 AM

I want my character nude

#16 NamiTheKat

NamiTheKat

IceMaiden

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLowly sinners,as each we are, Aspire to the domed heav'ns. Fickle fate points beyond, Where a supine city beckons!

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

I want my character nude

Neveraaaaaaaaaaaaa 

rolf  :P

#17 fish

fish

Stranger

• Player
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:20 PM

Having max level third job being the only ones able to switch into their transcendent sprites could work, as you'd still be able to see the yellow aura, showing that they were actually level 175.

However, this idea is not compatible with the idea of letting every class in the game (snipers, novices, taekwons, etc. etc.) all get to level 175 anyways (an idea that I'm still discussing with the rest of the team). In my opinion, allowing all classes to cap out at 175, regardless of their job would be a more valuable change then disguising your third class character as another class. It still means that rangers will look like rangers, suras will look like suras, and so on and so forth.

Isn't non-3rd jobs' and 3rd jobs' aura are different?

#18 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:41 PM

Isn't non-3rd jobs' and 3rd jobs' aura are different?

Yeah, transcendent aura is blue while 3rd job is yellow

#19 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:29 AM

Yeah, transcendent aura is blue while 3rd job is yellow

Rebellion =/= third job, and they get the yellow aura. Rekt.

#20 fish

fish

Stranger

• Player
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:39 AM

Rebellion =/= third job, and they get the yellow aura. Rekt.

Yeah, that's why class restriction?
Rebellion who wear Gunslinger's sprite will look like Gunslinger with yellow aura.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users