114 replies to this topic

#21 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:26 PM

Terp already said they'll scale this according to monster lvls so low level monsters were hitting weaker and high lvl ones stayed the way they are.

#22 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1041 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:22 AM

I need someone to compile a list of low level mobs that nuke for too much, based on their experience, there shouldn't be many (probably just those with both high ATK and INT).

#23 Kaphrat

Kaphrat

Chonchon

• Player
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:24 AM

Blazer

Loli Ruri

Freezer

Evil Druid

Nightmare Terror

Heater

Gazeti

Kaho?

Baby Yaga?

Uzhas?

Anubis?

Question marks are for ones I'm not sure, but going by the pattern I assume their magic attacks will hurt for their levels respectively. It's a start I guess, hope it helps!

• BeI likes this

#24 padkoto

padkoto

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:17 AM

Grand Pecos were high too

#25 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

Swordfish
Strouf

Waterball in general is fricking overpowered. (do we have the rA fix for it? Meaning it cannot last for more than 10 seconds, etc etc etc. The general balance patch)

#26 madnessfranc

madnessfranc

Chonchon

• Player
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:47 PM

drake : 13k per hit with his waterball, lol.

#27 DJLhime

DJLhime

Chonchon

• Player
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCainta, Rizal, Philippines

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:41 AM

The MATK of ALL monsters are insane. This blue acidus used Thunderstorm on my sorc and got 1 hit. I've never experienced this on any other server. Can you guys do something about their MATK? I am 100% sure it's not normal. :/

#28 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:20 PM

How can you complain about elemental damage as a sorc? Git gud. Or at least get reductions. You expected to solo entire game completly naked? Get elemental resist potions (either brew them or get plasma card), racial reductions shield cards or at least hodremlin, ele armors and most impotantly learn how to use, LP, fog, summons and magic rod. Once you get geared shit isn't impossible, for example we're tanking magic skills of MvPs if needed.

Reminder that we're playing on inflated rates. On rates 1/1/1 exp would be so slow you'd have at least basic gear by the time you get to Aciduses.

#29 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1041 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

We'll be adding (again) the Hercules MATK update since they apparently fixed it, will see if it changes anything.

#30 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:11 PM

How can you complain about elemental damage as a sorc? Git gud. Or at least get reductions. You expected to solo entire game completly naked? Get elemental resist potions (either brew them or get plasma card), racial reductions shield cards or at least hodremlin, ele armors and most impotantly learn how to use, LP, fog, summons and magic rod. Once you get geared shit isn't impossible, for example we're tanking magic skills of MvPs if needed.

Reminder that we're playing on inflated rates. On rates 1/1/1 exp would be so slow you'd have at least basic gear by the time you get to Aciduses.

No a valid argument, since you can apply "git gud, git itamz" to everything and anything, mate.

Get one shotted by basic mobs and then tell ppl to git gud is pretty ridicolous if you ask me. IF you eviscerated by some high end mvp/mob, because you are naked, its fine to say to get gears or l2p.

However for the classic grinding and leveling quests against trash mobs that spam their spells as "normal attack" move, this is pretty unfitting. IF you are telling me to git gud, as a lvl 70 hunter leveling in byalan after joining the server for 2 hours then i have to question your argument, sorry.

#31 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:16 PM

I like how people instantly take defensive position and fling shit at me after reading 1 thing they find offensive and ignore all the other stuff in my posts.
1. Once again, Terp already said they'll make low lvl monsters easier (and now that they'll try out that new Hercules patch).
2. I can agree that 'git gud' isn't best argument (still works in most cases though, in your case would work perfectly because hunter class in one of the cheapest ones, for example did you know your bow has bigger range than magic skills?) because it's often used to ridicule and provocate others, but complaining about 'git itemz' argument is just plain stupid. You're basically advocating for game being so easy it'd be possible to clear it almost, or even entirely naked. Items are supposed to be farmed and used in MMORPGs, that's what they are for for the fucks sake. You need to get certain things in order to clear certain content and get more gears needed to clear even harder content, it was always like this and it's good thing because gives you a bit of challenge and something to do. Servers where people log in only for WoE because there's nothing else besides PvP are really boring.
And I also started without items except beta rewards. Now I have some resists and other stuff because I farmed both alone and with my guild. You can only blame yourself for not having gear.
3. http://tinyurl.com/qdoqs6b Here, look at this list of monsters with lvl between 45-65 (so similar to byalan stuff), sorted by decreasing base exp. You don't have to lvl up in byalan dung, there's lot of other places with similar or even better exp and monsters which don't have any magic skills. And yeah, I already told Terp that quest boards aren't the best idea, especially when they don't promote forgotten maps.
4. This time my post was aimed mainly to sorcerer. Even more, sorcerer at 110ish or 120ish lvl I assume considering he's talking about aciduses. So defending with your a bit more understandable case is like using bad analogy. 70 hunter most likely has just pitful 1 vit and no all these element manipulating skills sorc has.

#32 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

Do you think he's actually playing with no gear? Or eden gear which is pretty much the best you can acquire at level 70?

Psor I don't get what you are arguing for. Are you arguing that they should not actually reduce the matk?

#33 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

Eden isn't best gear. Eden gear is almost nothing with exception of garment which iirc gives you 10% nautral resistance. And I already posted what kind of shit I'm talking about. Ele armors, resist pots, ele/race resist carded gears.

Yes, I think they shouldn't custom decrease matk for high lvl monsters. I'm just counter bitching about them bitching and turnng game into even bigger casualfest. I can bear decreasing skill lvls/matk for low level monsters because higher exp rates and huge amounts of exp from boards get you through low lvls so fast you won't get much cards and gears from those places.
In other words preventing low lvl monsters from OHKOing classes like paladins and LKs on such rates makes sense, but nerfing any monster above lvl ~100 is just plain retarded.
And if you want to point out that swordfish drops from byalan then I'd like to point out that marse and rafflesia cards drop from monsters without magic skills. And ele resist potions can be brewed.

#34 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:41 PM

Oh ryt, well the consensus seems to differ. The rest of it is just personal stuff with someone? Just making sure.

Edited by Scias, 06 January 2015 - 09:42 PM.

#35 DJLhime

DJLhime

Chonchon

• Player
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:38 AM

We'll be adding (again) the Hercules MATK update since they apparently fixed it, will see if it changes anything.

Very much appreciated GM. I hope it will bring changes to our daily grinding.

That’s my point, my character is a sorcerer. I think I have pretty decent MDEF. I’ve tried to kill them yesterday with energy coat + assumptio buffs and voila, insta kill with a thunderstorm. My point is, if a sorcerer like me that has pretty decent MDEF stats with damage reduction buffs can’t withstand that damage, what makes you think the other job can? A little reduction on their MATK would do. A normal monster that can 1 hit a player with their magic skills is too much. What's the use of the other reduction and some healing items if they 1 hit KO your character.

This is not only for me; I’m saying this in behalf of the new players that will play in LeikaRO. Seeing those damages is not very encouraging to play at all. Plus, we don't need to hunt racial reduction for that specific monster/skill since we're only going to kill them until we can't get that quest anymore. (Still talking with the acidus).

Also, please prioritize the monsters on eden quest. I believe that most of the players here are levelling their characters by doing those quests. We will all be waiting for that changes.

Edited by DJLhime, 07 January 2015 - 12:38 AM.

#36 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:59 AM

Ofc they lvl mainly on quests. Quests and MvPs give so much fucking exp that it's not worth doing anything else. And def and mdef in renewal sucks. The mdef you're talking about is most likely soft mdef which is even worse. Hard mdef decreases damage by %, soft mdef decreases damage by amount of said mdef. I have 235 soft mdef on my sorc which means it'll reduce just 235 dmg. 17 hard mdef which will probably reduce just something like 5%. In other words, no you don't have decent mdef. Your only reduction there was energy coat. Also do you even have more than 1 vit? You're complaining about getting killed by mid game monster while being basically naked. Also get those racial cards anyway, they're useful. It's not some hipster pre-re +10 double santa poring, double skel worker knife for bathories only. They'll be actualy useful for the rest of the game. And if you want better shield then there's even fucking card removeing NPC here, something that should never be created.

Oh, and one more thing: assumptio is most likely fucked. It doesn't work. And in renewal it just doubles your def/mdef instead of reducting al damage by 30% like in pre-re. So even if it worked it'd still not help you since, as I've said, you're basically naked.

#37 DJLhime

DJLhime

Chonchon

• Player
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:24 AM

Ofc they lvl mainly on quests. Quests and MvPs give so much fucking exp that it's not worth doing anything else. And def and mdef in renewal sucks. The mdef you're talking about is most likely soft mdef which is even worse. Hard mdef decreases damage by %, soft mdef decreases damage by amount of said mdef. I have 235 soft mdef on my sorc which means it'll reduce just 235 dmg. 17 hard mdef which will probably reduce just something like 5%. In other words, no you don't have decent mdef. Your only reduction there was energy coat. Also do you even have more than 1 vit? You're complaining about getting killed by mid game monster while being basically naked. Also get those racial cards anyway, they're useful. It's not some hipster pre-re +10 double santa poring, double skel worker knife for bathories only. They'll be actualy useful for the rest of the game. And if you want better shield then there's even fucking card removeing NPC here, something that should never be created.

Oh, and one more thing: assumptio is most likely fucked. It doesn't work. And in renewal it just doubles your def/mdef instead of reducting al damage by 30% like in pre-re. So even if it worked it'd still not help you since, as I've said, you're basically naked.

I'm using 2hand staff/wand, i sacrificed my shield to get better damage since telekinetic orb is so hard to get. Anyways, I have like 14k HP + the reduction buffs. I am ok with some of the monsters magic skills, it's just this thunderstorm is so op. They are on eden board quest. It means everyone will encounter this and will find it hard to finish those quests. I'm not also requesting to decrease the damage for like 50% below, reducing 25% damage below would do. I don't even have the chance to use some potions or healing items. >.<

Also, thanks for the advices. I'll try to do some of them later.

Edited by DJLhime, 07 January 2015 - 02:25 AM.

#38 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:42 AM

@PSOR

Without going too much into argument here with you:

1. If you just write "git gud" its possible to understand it as a joke and not think anything about it. If you write "git gud, apply reason" that doesnt work anymore. So finding it "funny" when people react not positively to your argument (insert reason) is weird enough.
2. I was killing byalan5 for eden gear. (the quest sends you there to kill 20 mermans and 20 stroufs) I dont know what you do when you start out, but im definitely not farming a swordfish card with a +0 gakkung bow so i dont get one shotted, when i can just grieve through the quests and get better gear and exp on the way.

3. Stop talking and acting like "game 2 ez, made for 12 yr old lelz". If you think everything needs to be made hard FOR YOUR PREFENCE, then may i suggest playing on iRO without paying a single cent? :D IF you hate custom npcs such as card removers and deem the game too easy for its features and "rant" in every second sentence, why are you still playing? Its fine, we got your point. You dont want monsters to do 1 dmg to players and you want players to bring up some effort to endure the content later on. But im sure you read already, that most "complains" are directed towards EARLY CONTENT. A proper difficulty/learning curve is what makes a games balance healthy. Not Hardcore king no game no life Ragnarok where you have to grind grind grind for little little little.

I hope you get the satire in my post, yo. All that cussing makes you seem so angry =D

P.S. I find it funny how half your info is incorrect :> (Eg. Pre-renewal Assumptio mechanics, Soft Mdef half explained(its actually very efficient against certain spells, such as firebolt <- ppl complain about those))

Youre taking every single word apart and apply your own reasonings and logic to them, dont be "funnied" when people do the same to yours.

[Sarcasm]Im sure you are the kinda person to never use fly wings when leveling or questing to always make maximum use of your 16 bow range. Also by Jesus powers monsters will never spawn in your vicinity. Should you ever use a fly wing to be more efficient, you will only attack if theres one monster at the edge on the screen. <- Your argument is funneh [/sarcasm]

@topic
Glad something is gonna get done. Personally i think these are quality changes that will appeal the general userbase more than it will cause grief for small number of people. in the end, getting one shotted or not, we will do these quests for efficiency.

Over n out.

Edited by FlashCombo, 07 January 2015 - 04:46 AM.

• DJLhime likes this

#39 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

@DJLhime
Aciduses are 130 lvl so I assume they're in 121+ board. On 121 lvl 14k hp is something like just 50 vit, if you have higher lvl then it's even less. Do you really think you should be able to stand this shit with such pitful hp pool? Unless you're geared you should tank stuff with classes with natural high hp pool like RK or RG. I know renewal casualized lot of stuff but there're still specialized classes that perform better in different roles.

Higher damage isn't always the best option. Staying alive and getting ANY exp is much better than constantly dying and getting no exp, or even losing it by constant deaths. Especially with all those boards because actual grind is dead now. When I was doing bifrost quest stuff I was using summon not to increase my damage, but to get wind element immunity. I had to use like 4-5 PW+DD combos to kill stuff but I was actually capable of doing those quests. Even more, because Little Fathoms couldn't 2-3HKO me anymore I was able to mob fucktons of monsters, tank them with SW+fog (pro tip: fog gives you like 60-80% chance to completly block targetted skills, this includes bolts, Miming's Waterball and lot of other stuff) and occassional Magic Rod.
And when we first visited Abyss Lakes with the same quest you have, in AB + sorc party we also wiped few times (and iirc I was 2HKO'd because ~90 vit, not your pitful 50, AB either 1 or 2HKO'd). Instead of crying we just finished blue Acidus quest, left gold Acidus quest unfinished and came back after getting like 2-3 lvls, some wind resists + we brought bigger party with RG which could easily tank few Thunderstorms. It wasn't a problem anymore. In other words, git gud.

And no, this isn't just Thunderstorm being OP. Banshees in Abbey also hit like trucks with Soul Strikes, Little Fathoms also hit like trucks with Thunderstorms or Lightening Bolts, Stuff in Bifrost Tower also hits like a truck with Bolts. If you complain now, you'll be complaining for the whole game until you get gears/party. I was also struggling to farm Banshees, even with SW+Kaahi combo, but after farming Bathory for card it became piss easy.
Don't be afraid to join guild/look for party on main, don't be afraid to farm gears, don't be afraid to buy fucktons of gems and using them. I burned like 2-3k Blue Gems during lvling process but it was worth it.

@FlashCombo
1. I didn't just say git gud. I actually told him what to do to succeed. Lrn2read.
2. Pro tip: on pservers with such rates and removed exp penalties eden quests aren't worth doing. Mobbing Orc Dungeon till 60-70 lvl takes very little time, then you just do Comodo or Glast Heim eden quest (GH is better because you don't have to look for those stupid monkeys with like 5/map spawn + you can stack main eden quest with board quests because both have EDs and Wraiths) to get finals gears, then you do boards with mobby places or join someone mobbing Desert Wolves/Magma Dungeon and finish with last eden quest with siromas to get all the enchants + do boards, Nightmare Verits, low lvl MvPs with party or join Desert Wolves/Magma mobbing again to get 99/70. Doing all the edens is just slowing yourself down. And as I've said, there's nothing wrong with farming Marse in Byaland Dung floor 3 for marse card or mobbing Rafflesias. You're just casual scrub with demanding stance.
3. Officials are shitty, outdated lagfests. And guess what? On offcials by jewing the market you can get rich pretty quickly even without spending your single cent. Besides it's really bad long-term investment when you consider all the retarded MvP cards and god items on the server. Leika with all the stupid shit is still best renewal priv out there. Play on official yourself before spewing bullshit.
Also don't accuse me of wanting everything to be made hard for my preference when you're doing the same shit but with making shit easier. That's just hypocrisy. If I really wanted to turn this server into PsorRO I wouldn't look for compromises when speaking with Terp and would still be against lowering matk for low lvl stuff. And you can see that I already said that I can bear it because it makes sense considering increased rates.
And Aciduses aren't early content you dumb fuck.

http://irowiki.org/classic/Assumptio

Damage is only reduced to 2/3 of the original damage

1/3 is 33,(3)%. I said 30%. Can't comprehend number rounding?
And yes, soft MDef should apply to each hit of multihit skill. Still considering he has like 200 SDef and Aciduses lvl 8 bolt and lvl 9 thunderstorm it's just 1600-1800 dmg reduction. That's fucking nothing in renewal. For single hit skills it would be 200 damage reduction. I can agree that this one was half-assed explaination.

Youre taking every single word apart and apply your own reasonings and logic to them, dont be "funnied" when people do the same to yours.

Not this time, honey. And if I did, point examples. I want proofs, not baseless accusations.

[Sarcasm]Im sure you are the kinda person to never use fly wings when leveling or questing to always make maximum use of your 16 bow range. Also by Jesus powers monsters will never spawn in your vicinity. Should you ever use a fly wing to be more efficient, you will only attack if theres one monster at the edge on the screen. <- Your argument is funneh [/sarcasm]

Once again: getting any slow exp > getting no exp at all. Before getting Bathory card I wasn't tping around the map because of the exact same reasons you're dyigng and bitching now like a little casual scrub you are. And monsters spawning on you is so rare on privs without few k population you can easily bear it. Actually I'd be nice to have so big population to not have to tp around the map to find stuff. This would make stationary buffs a bit more useful because you won't run out of monsters on half of map after few mob pulls. And tbh when you think about it, fly wings actually are cancer. But it's so fundamental cancer in this game it's not worth doing anything about it considering how huge bitchfest would it cause.

@Terp
Tell me more about Hercules MAtk fix. How different it'll be from what we have now? I hope it won't bring us back to times when MvPs were hitting naked characters for 1k dmg with spells like it is on many other servers.
  • FlashCombo likes this

#40 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:20 PM

HAhahahahahha, ure so mad this is funny xD

Everything is a casual scrub to you because they dont want a one shotting first hand experience xD

Alright mate, this casual scrub here who was playing Ragnarok when you were a dirty thought in your fathers pants will not comment any further on this x)

Also Assumptio only reduces 1/3 dmg in pvp. its 50% aka 1/2 , aka 0.5 in pve (we scrubl3rds are talking about pve , duh) <- Thats a fact. Not a baseless accusation. I think. Not Sure. Is it?

I would like to know the pservers where mvps hit for 1k dmg on naked person. Must be a nice place when theres no reason to get gear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users