• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:08 AM

I'm on Windows 8.1, and I suspect this has something to do with my issues.

I'm not able to change most of the settings in the "Sounds" tab of opensetup.exe. Also, ROExt isn't working properly. I've got the .dll and the .ini file to go along with it, but some of the settings are being ignored, even though opensetup.exe is detecting it. I have one further observation, though it isn't related to a problem: the client won't launch unless the patcher is run as an admin.

I'm having these issues regardless of which version of the client I'm running. I'm not sure if this helps, but on another popular server based on Renewal (TalonRO), these problems weren't there. Maybe it's to do with how the client is installed? I'm not sure.

#2 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:56 AM

Oops, kind of embarrassing. ROExt is working correctly, I just had "Play in Full Screen" ticked in opensetup.exe, overriding ROExt settings.

Still have the issue with sounds though. I can't change "Speaker Type", "Channels", "Bitdepth", or "Bitrate", because all of these options are greyed out.

#3 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:46 AM

Did you try the usual, such as running as admin, setting compatibility to older Windows versions?

#4 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

I did try running as admin, and I thought to try compatibility for older versions of Windows, but the setup executable doesn't give any compatibility options. I also made sure none of the folders in the game directory were read-only.

Edited by neferefer, 23 December 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#5 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

Right clicking the .exe file and troubleshooting compatibility works for some people and gives the options like windows 7. Not everybody though.

#6 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

Oh, I didn't think to try troubleshooting. Unfortunately, it didn't help.

#7 Ruiseart

Ruiseart

Chonchon

• Player
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:24 PM

I use windows 8.1 I have to run the client in win xp sp3 mode in order for it to run properly. If I don't I have the same issue.

Edited by Ruiseart, 26 December 2014 - 07:25 PM.

#8 xhiii

xhiii

Chonchon

• Player
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:30 AM

using troubleshoot compatibility could be tricky if you do not know what to do.. better google it for reference. i am running on windows 8.1 as well,i used to have the same problem as yours.. my leika.exe doesnt have a compatibility tab before. so i had to search a net on how to run it as admin.. there are two easy options,one is thru registry edit, and one is thru troubleshooting compatibility(you just have to click in on the right options).. if you have done it and make the program run successfully, try do the same thing on other exes that you have problems with. 

#9 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

If you make a shortcut you can also run as admin by right clicking it. Also in properties of that shortcut, you can go to shortcut tab>advanced>run as admin so that it runs as admin every time you open the shortcut. I know running as admin probably isn't the problem though. My friend is also having problems with 8.1. I had no problems whatsoever though.

#10 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for chiming in.

Ruiseart and xhiii, I've tried running compatibility mode for 7 and XP with no success.

Scias, yup, I've got a shortcut on desktop which is set to run as admin all the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users