4 replies to this topic

#1 nokia1080p

nokia1080p

Chonchon

• Player
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:53 PM

Hello everyone ^_^

As the topic suggests i need some help, to clarify some Shadow Chasers tip to leveling (PVM / MVP)
My doubts are:

1. Are Shadow Chasers able to Mob train ?
  2. Would i have fun playing with one ( or just gonna get angry for a so "nerfed" class ?)
  3. What are the most common and cheap leveling method for them ?
  4. Had any balance/change for they skill in this server ? (I think i read that TS had it cast time removed and delay set to 0.25 sec)
  5. Anyone plays with one and can tell me your opinion about the class ?
Well, i think that's it for now, anyone who have one as a alt or even as a main, i would appreciate your opinion about this class.

My interest in this class would be ASS (auto shadow spell) fast aspd (very poorly equipped for some time >.<), or skill spamming like AS, AR, Fire Trap, IB and such.

Oh !!! talking about IB made me remember !!!

There's is a certain server who has fixed completely Bowling Bash Gutter line making this skill "Terrific" for almost all knights and Stalker's, but i haven't a chance to test this skill yet.

1. In this server have BB gutter line bug solved or there's any way around it to solve this problem ?
Thanks for reading this wall of text (if you had done it >.<) and hope you can sane me from some or hopefully from all this questions.

Thanks again /no1

#2 Riggs

Riggs

Roon Knight+

• Player
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

There's is a certain server who has fixed completely Bowling Bash Gutter line making this skill "Terrific" for almost all knights and Stalker's, but i haven't a chance to test this skill yet.

1. In this server have BB gutter line bug solved or there's any way around it to solve this problem ?

Can't help with the rest of your questions at all, but I can say that the gutter line is strong with this server, unfortunately. About 5~6 years ago I played on another private server which didn't have the gutter issue - in fact, it was the first time I'd played with a Lord Knight so I didn't realize this was a thing to begin with. I spent a lot of time WTFing in Juperos over this until I read up on the topic then took up Dragon Breath.

Here's to hoping they can figure out how to pull BB out of the gutter.

• nokia1080p likes this

#3 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:31 AM

• Are Shadow Chasers able to Mob train ?
  • Would i have fun playing with one ( or just gonna get angry for a so "nerfed" class ?)
  • What are the most common and cheap leveling method for them ?
  • Had any balance/change for they skill in this server ? (I think i read that TS had it cast time removed and delay set to 0.25 sec)
  • Anyone plays with one and can tell me your opinion about the class ?
1. Yes, every class can. AB just doesn't have any decent AoE to kill mobbed stuff.

2. With as in playing with someone who playes chaser or playing as chaser? Chasers exceel in WoE, in PvM they're kinda meh. ABs, sorcs, performers are better supports, rangers, RGs, RKs, mechs, geneticists, WLs and maybe even GXes are better damage dealers. Mainly because supports have more supporting skills, damage dealers have access to better gears for certain skills. With Triangle Shot change chaser has decent dps, but still it's single target skill so he still loses with classes like WL which cannot spam as much as chaser, but can kill fucktons of monsters in one hit. Ofc you can also copy AoEs, but as I've said, you don't have access to gears and skills that boost them. If anyone gets annoyed by chasers in pt then it's because you could replace him by more useful class. Think if you want to be annoying guy, or have class that is kind of crippled compared to others. Main advantage of chaser in PvM are gimmicks like reflecting strong skills to stay alive or Backslide that can prevent party from wiping or mob things that would normally be hard to mob.

3. Triangle Shot spam, Arrow Storm, Severe Rainstorm and Ignition Break mobbing. On low lvls you can mob with claymore traps. Magic can be used too but it's meh. You don't have access to high matk staffs, summons, mora sets so copied skills suck, ASS on the other hand can autocast only pre-trans skills and max 5 lvl so the best you can cast is Meteor Storm and it's still pretty meh. You could try to make it somehow viable with the new skills related hat for chaser but I can bet that it'll still be worse than TS/AS spam.

4. Main change is the one you already know about. It's really good change but it's still not enough to put chaser next to classes like sorc or RK.

5. Fun to play, meh in PvM, god in PvP.
  • nokia1080p likes this

#4 giantmeat

giantmeat

Unmeatable ~

• Player
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:08 AM

ASS build is slow..

Get Orc Archer Bow and BSB spam AS and Feint Bomb/triangle/double strafe dont forget  endow yourself or get better sword and do iB - Feint Bomb

• nokia1080p likes this

#5 nokia1080p

nokia1080p

Chonchon

• Player
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:53 AM

Woah, so many replies in so short time ^_^

Thanks for all the support so far, pretty much all my doubts have been erased

I would like to thanks Riggs, for answering question
1a.Well that's something that annoys me so much but i guess it's something we have to deal with it XD

Also to thank Psor who answered the whole 5 questions about this class

1.Well that's true, any 3rd class can AoE, if that is effective is another history XD

2.Well, i should have been more clear >.<, i meant as im playing as a Chaser, one of many passion of this game for me is the role that each class have, and i always like to support when i can (that's why i always have a AB, Sorcerer, Royal), and when need be a good killer (Rune,GX,Warlock,Ranger), but soo far i love to pull big mobs into my party that either they kill them all and says "woah" or get wiped out >.< but that's is only possible to attain with Thief classes so i guess that a positive thing.

3.I don't support the fact that single killing is the best tatic for leveling but.... i suck with mob kill so i guess i don't have other option XD, and guess what ? Eden Quest need most 30 kills for single mobs, piece of cake /no1

4.Sadly true, Fatal menance was right to be nerfed to don't Teleport MVP's but... i would love to be more helpfull using Divest's and Masks on MVP's to weaken them or be more tank of my part, but with some paintings i guess i can have a portable Land Protector or a Quick Frenzy status, some things that i must work out later.

5.Well, all classes have pros and cons, but the most important part is when says that it's fun to play with :D

Well, i guess i will give a change some time for this class, dind't leved a thief class in soo long time that i believe that it will be nostalgic >.<

Thanks again everyone, the post will be open for new coming suggestions but so far, all my doubt's are clear now. /no1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users