• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:58 AM

I spoke with Terpsichore about pet intimacy, and found out that the rates for intimacy raising and lowering are the same as in official servers. I don't think this makes sense, especially in light of the fact that Leika has increased Homunculus intimacy rates.

I'll give another reason why I think it would be sensible to raise intimacy rates. I just acquired an Incubus pet (for which I've made a semi-related bug report as well), which according to guides and anecdotal evidence, will take ~100 feedings to turn "cordial". I've sat down and timed how long it takes for its hunger to reach "neutral" - it takes 25 minutes. I've also timed my Lunatic and Desert Wolf Baby pets' hunger times, and it takes them 25 minutes as well. From this I assume all pets have similar hunger timers. For the Incubus, this means it will take 2500 minutes, or ~42 hours to reach cordial status.

The Incubus pet is special in that it should give its bonuses regardless of intimacy rate (it doesn't on Leika, which is what the bug report was about), but most other pets only give bonuses after reaching cordial. Other high level pets would actually only activate their bonus after those 42 hours. It's pretty bonkers that you'd have to sit at the computer for that long in order for a pet bonus to take effect, especially on a 10x server. It's possible you'd reach level 175 before your pet became useful.

Another thing. IMO the current rate leads to unnecessary stress due to dying. A feeding is worth five intimacy points for high level pets, and a character death is worth minus fifteen. If pet intimacy drops too low, you lose the pet. It supposedly takes longer for pets to get hungry if you're not idling, so if you want to be safe, you'd be out of action to feed for an hour and fifteen minutes before you could play again. It's actually a complete pain to hunt Incubus pets, as I'm sure anyone who's done it will know - it's harder to get an Incubus egg than it is a card, and I got 28 card-rate drops while trying to get the egg, including 9 Incubus cards. There's no way I'd want to risk losing my pet, which is why I'd be self-imposing a fat time-out any time I died. I know it comes with the territory of owning a pet, but I don't think it was ever a fun mechanic to begin with. You should be able to lose a pet out of pure negligence, but I think the current rates are too harsh.

I'd like to suggest something like 5x intimacy raising rates to reduce grind and anti-fun elements. I think at least 3x would be sensible. It's ridiculous that something like this would have to take 42 hours on an increased-rate server.

Edited by neferefer, 31 January 2015 - 01:05 AM.

#2 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1041 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:12 AM

Increased intimacy from feeding by x3.

• neferefer likes this

#3 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:17 AM

K, will that come with the next update, or will it be in effect immediately?

#4 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1041 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:36 AM

Next maintenance.

#5 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts