• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Unretrofied

Unretrofied

Chonchon

• Player
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:48 PM

I think that it would be a good idea to get flat exp consumables equivalent to every character that you maxed pre-wipe. This would give people a reason to play the beta.

#2 Byte

Byte

Puppetmaster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:32 AM

the best reward that should come from beta testing is the knowledge that bugged shit you find will be fixed come release

#3 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:57 AM

I don't really understand why would anyone want a naked 175/60 character on a freshly opened server, you are still going to have to do those Eden quests for starting stuff and then grind better gear if you want to kill anything relevant, all of which gives EXP.

Maybe a modest starting gear/consumables package and an unique costumed headgear that won't be available again?

• Innomite, NamiTheKat, xhiii and 1 other like this

#4 Unretrofied

Unretrofied

Chonchon

• Player
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:44 AM

I don't really understand why would anyone want a naked 175/60 character on a freshly opened server

Because I want to play now but I don't want my leveling progress to be erased. My suggestion just makes sense-you don't get anything unfair, no items or zeny, you just keep your character leveling progress. That's it.

#5 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:16 PM

I don't really understand why would anyone want a naked 175/60 character on a freshly opened server

Because I want to play now but I don't want my leveling progress to be erased. My suggestion just makes sense-you don't get anything unfair, no items or zeny, you just keep your character leveling progress. That's it.

Dont play beta and wait for the server grand opening shit day. 

#6 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:57 PM

Surely there's difference in the long run.

#7 Hammertime

Hammertime

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:09 PM

I don't think any advantage should be given on release to beta players. Just have increased rates during beta(like 5 to 10x the normal rates) so people don't have to grind as much and don't feel like their time is wasted. So they can truly enjoy the beta. The only noteworthy beta in my rotime I remember was EuphRo. During beta rates were 100x. Upon launch 3/3/2. Everyone was just pvping and playing bg good times.

Edited by Cenel, 15 October 2014 - 10:09 PM.

#8 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:46 PM

+1 for increased rates for beta. If you want to test shit, you need to have access to most of the content.
If you want to award players participating in beta then either somehow give them some battle manuals or some hat.

#9 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

+1 for increased rates for beta. If you want to test shit, you need to have access to most of the content.
If you want to award players participating in beta then either somehow give them some battle manuals or some hat.

i'll play beta if they gib hat

I don't think any advantage should be given on release to beta players. Just have increased rates during beta(like 5 to 10x the normal rates) so people don't have to grind as much and don't feel like their time is wasted. So they can truly enjoy the beta. The only noteworthy beta in my rotime I remember was EuphRo. During beta rates were 100x. Upon launch 3/3/2. Everyone was just pvping and playing bg good times.

hey mate lets go play destiny

#10 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:18 PM

Alright, the plan is:

Anyone who got to level 140+ during beta can apply for the following rewards:

• An unique hat with useful bonuses that won't be available again.
  • A special, scaling weapon of choice that has no base level requirement. It's pretty good and way better than Eden weapons but obviously outshadowed by real endgame gear.
  • A certain amount of cash points.

Obviously, only one package per person.

• imoutopantsu and Psor like this

#11 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:23 PM

Can i get a bj from terpu-waifu. :3

Edited by Syncope, 16 October 2014 - 10:23 PM.

#12 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:50 PM

of course hat>weapon/cp because i want to be super kawaii 

#13 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

By scaling weapon do you mean weapon with bonuses that decrease with lvl, like apple ringsfrom 3rd class quests or something similar?

What kind of bonuses would such hat have? Something utility related like perma agi up/sp recovery with overweight (like egnigem MvP card) up or just boosts to stats/atk/matk/whatever?

#14 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

The weapons scale with refine rates and base level all the way up to 175 and have a slot, you can expect them to be slightly worse than stuff like x2 carded carga maces and staff of destruction.

The hat has a bit of everything and gives utility skills.

#15 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

like x2 carded carga maces and staff of destruction.

The hat has a bit of everything and gives utility skills.

Not everyone can use SoD/carga anyway. For example how is this compared to Kronos/DTS, the best staves avaible for all magic classes I think.

Bit of everything like +x% atk/matk/hp? Utility skills like teleport 1 or just effect like movement speed bonus from agi up or some reflect?

I assume these items are either secret or aren't decided yet.
  • akamagroboy likes this

#16 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

The stats are already decided but obviously won't be announced, you can expect something that will aid all jobs during leveling.

As for the weapons, they are comparable to those mid-tier ones you mentioned.

#17 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:16 PM

Well, if Skull Cap will be avaible DTS won't be that medicore.

#18 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:35 AM

Betas are there to find bugs before the grand opening. I personally wouldn't mind at all if I spent a lot of time on a beta and didn't inherit anything from it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users