36 replies to this topic

#1 NiHZ

NiHZ

Allons-y!

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

Hey guys, I wanted to post a thread here for everyone to drop their opinion. I am thinking of holding a small PVP event either this sunday or next sunday. There are a few details I wanted to get an opinion on. Such as, 

Allow items?

Teams? Team Size?

Only one of any class allowed or let people have free reign and bring 3 Genetics if they wanna?

Allow resurrection from priests? [Get da priest first aaaaaa]

Tournament Style or Arena?

If you have any other ideas or opinions on these, let me know. I may also do a baby-PVP event, or a 1-2 job event. Any interest in that?

Thanks in advance, guys. I just want to make this fun for everyone. I've heard some interest in a pvp event and thought it would be nice to get a head start on beating each other up before WoE starts. :>

#2 Chippy

Chippy

YES YES YES YES YES

• Player
  • 23 posts
  • Locationur house

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

no items, 5 on 5, 1 per class, no ress, arena.

#3 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:17 PM

No items/ Team: 3v3/ 1 per class/ No Res/ Arena

#4 Chippy

Chippy

YES YES YES YES YES

• Player
  • 23 posts
  • Locationur house

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:31 PM

or a 1 on 1 tournament with level brackets

#5 Susurro

Susurro

Chonchon

• Player
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:53 PM

No items, Fox only, Final Destination.

• Tesdey likes this

#6 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:00 AM

Lol no items? Full retardation.

Do 5v5 / items allowed of course (not anyone's fault you kept whining about pvm and forgot to gear up) / No res / Arena / 1 per class
  • Lexii likes this

#7 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:53 AM

Do 5v5 / items allowed of course (not anyone's fault you kept whining about pvm and forgot to gear up) / No res / Arena / 1 per class

No items as in no pots and such

#8 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:56 AM

No items as in no pots and such
Exactly what I meant as well. You expect support classes to not pot or you want to be healed by AB constantly? Heal to begin with is bad in gvg setting.

Edited by Syncope, 07 February 2015 - 01:58 AM.

#9 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:12 AM

No items, 1 per class, ress/no ress (dont care, either way works), 3vs3 / 5vs5, KVM style

#10 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1041 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:10 AM

5v5 is the most balanced setting overall for small scale stuff.

#11 padkoto

padkoto

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:38 PM

Why no items? That's pretty retarded. No items in bg or woe from now on? Give each team a fixed amount of hp / sp pots that they can distribute as they see fit if you're scared about farming your own shit / cost of entering

#12 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:39 PM

If you want to make it fully fair and as much abuse-proof as possible, make it RWC style with limited equipment and points you use to gear your team and eventually refine shit. Then make all needed chars, gear them the way particints told you, move them to no-tp arena without BWs and give passwords to participants. Then record & stream the battles from hidden GM accounts. After event you check chars if every piece of gear isn't lost and delete chars. Bonus points if you somehow make it impossible for player to change password, this way you'll have to just clear gears after every battle, change password yourself and use the same chars for another team if they happen to use the same classes.

The best stuff is always impossible to abuse. All the rules and regulations are just signs of our weakness and imperfection.

So basically participants team choose:
>classes
>gears from list (for points)
and event host choose:
>gears avaible on the list
>amount of points for players to "buy" gears, consumables and eventually refines

Also amount of people per team is crucial. 1 char ensures it'll be just sura/GX/RG fest. 2 chars isn't enough to make proper rooster, and is too much for sura/GX fest because teamwork in RO boosts players greatly. With 2v2 you should get the most variety of class combinations. With 3v3 it starts to be worth bringing generic support so I think 1 slot in most of teams will be filled with AB. Then the more people per team, the more classes from generic WoE rooster will be used and more teams will look alike, but also gameplay will be less and less dependant on gimmick tactics.

And ofc you can modify class usefulness by manipulating accessible gears. For example lack of marc/ED/detal boosts Maestro, WL and sorc greatly.

#13 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:19 PM

Yea RWC is clearly the most skill based setup, but it was designed for 7 vs 7. In a 2 vs 2 where thres no unfrozen, a single warlock can just destroy everything with jack frost 100% chance freeze lol. Get frozen and then get 4 released Chain lightnings in the face while hes spamming another jack frost, since it has only delay, no cool down.

Not really fond of using RWC here, with our limited player base for pvp.

#14 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:31 PM

Yea RWC is clearly the most skill based setup, but it was designed for 7 vs 7. In a 2 vs 2 where thres no unfrozen, a single warlock can just destroy everything with jack frost 100% chance freeze lol. Get frozen and then get 4 released Chain lightnings in the face while hes spamming another jack frost, since it has only delay, no cool down.

Not really fond of using RWC here, with our limited player base for pvp.

Youre clearly bad. In a 2v2 setting sorc would destroy warlock. Unless that sorc doesnt have warmer.

#15 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:34 AM

Yea and you are bad for turtling like a turd and then get outranged and outplayed by that same warlock. Man, so many clowns im seeing today. not to mention getting one shotted by WI+SE :D But yes hype ur class more.

#16 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:40 AM

Yea and you are bad for turtling like a turd and then get outranged and outplayed by that same warlock. Man, so many clowns im seeing today. not to mention getting one shotted by WI+SE :D But yes hype ur class more.

Lol quality player we got here who absolutely has no clue what a sorc can do to shut down a warlock. Actually, why dont we try it out right now?

Edited by Syncope, 08 February 2015 - 01:40 AM.

#17 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:31 AM

I didn't want to suggest fully copying RWC. Just using some good ideas to allow as many participants as possible with as fair as possible setup. When everyone have the same options to choose from and stuff from options is delivered, you can join no matter if your own char is equipped and fully leveled or not.

There are also few others ways to do this, but to be sure I'd need to know what GMs are capable of when it comes to checking characters.

#18 Penjahat

Penjahat

Chonchon

• Player
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:44 AM

allow items / 5v5 / max 2 per class / no res / Arena  (mostly like KVM setting, u out when u die) /ok

tho some class need more item than others, like sorc elemental, rks runes, and genes plants bombs.

For healing items, hmm maybe u can just limit it per round (5berry,5seed,50white,25blue,etc)

and need effort to make some great pvp gears... let them use it for event

#19 NiHZ

NiHZ

Allons-y!

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:52 AM

Okay, I'm settling so far on:

No items

5v5

1 per class

No Res

Arena: All teams at once, last alive wins.

I should be able to do this. I am looking just to do a fairly simple event, nothing too elaborate like what Psor suggested. Maybe in the future we could set up something like that, but for now that's not possible.

Times? I am considering some time between 14:00 -16:00 Server Time on Sunday the 15th. Would that work for most people?

#20 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:33 AM

What do you mean no items? A lot of classes require mats like sorc require summon mats.

I just dont agree with no items in general if you meant no pots, berries etc because thatll absolutely require each team to have an AB.

Why not allow items and set limit/numbers each player is allowed to carry?

Edited by Syncope, 09 February 2015 - 05:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users