• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ttyl

ttyl

Chonchon

• Player
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:25 AM

Added 300+ Champion Mobs! These mobs are special variants of currently existing mobs and give increased EXP and loot while being harder to kill! Variants exist in ChiefFuriousSwiftSolid, and Elusive forms. (thanks to FlashCombo for helping us with this!)

I really like this idea, spices up the grind. Although, feels like their EXP reward should be further increased? Wouldn't want them to become tele-around-until-you-find-champion, but it added a significant risk (mostly Furious at higher levels) so a significant reward seems fair. Also, they could be a bit bigger? Barely notice them until skill use.

What do you guys think?

#2 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:47 AM

They give x5 base and x15 job exp (compared to base monster) and have x3 drop rate (this is our custom).

They're also supposed to have different auras but that's currently not supported by the client.

Also, I was thinking about making them give you a buff upon death that would help with grinding (stats, more exp gained, etc), something small but nice.
  • Riggs and ttyl like this

#3 Riano

Riano

Chonchon

• Player
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:21 PM

The idea of giving a buff is pretty cool. I do think they give a nice chunk of extra exp, but they otherwise seem kind of chumpish. I think the aura thing, or something to make them look a little more imposing/split frm the normals would spice them up a little.

#4 NiHZ

NiHZ

Allons-y!

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, I was playing and completely forgot these were added until we weren't killing this one mob like the others. "OH. OHHHH IT'S A CHAMPION MOB YEA." XD The aura will be cool if it ever works, since it's hardly noticeable otherwise until you start fighting it.

#5 Bearlol

Bearlol

Chonchon

• Player
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:05 AM

I really agree with ttyl here, especially after seeing the actual rates on these mobs. My friend and I were farming in Bifrost tower and ran into a solid cloud, this mob wasn't anything special but it had about 1.4 million health with really high defense. The normal ones have 1/10th the hp. 

There also is the situation where the elusive ones are going invis while idle, and you seemingly randomly get attacked and it usually happens until you see a random emote above its head and clue in that you have to ruwatch. 

It's to the point where we usually just run past these mobs because in terms of exp / time spent on them it is extremely low (not that xp from mobs is relevent at all) a buff might help that situation, but I'm not sure...

Also, it would be cool if these mobs counted towards Eden Group board quests.

e/w just my thoughts

#6 NiHZ

NiHZ

Allons-y!

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:55 AM

Might be cool if they dropped some nice headgear or coins or something at a low chance. o: Maybe if they dropped an ingredient to building something?

#7 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:18 PM

Materials for naruto wings?

• Rueska likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users