• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Zenske

Zenske

Chonchon

• Player
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:19 PM

Lately I'm hearing a lot of complaints from my friends. No sense patch, every patch nerf, the server never grows, nothing new, I'm trying to hold my guild mates, but this hard, quitting 1 by 1... every day.
I'm not talking about this patch, I'm talking about the server. Something needs to change.

GROW UP!

#2 Aurora

Aurora

|・ω・) il padrino

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Locationhttp://tiny.cc/wlla

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:23 PM

"Something needs to change"; any suggestions? 

#3 Lexii

Lexii

Only God Knows Why

• Player
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:30 PM

Gx 9999999 damage please. JUST pretty PLEASE. jk

Well something really needs change specially about WoE stuff, i think its better for Admins to change what they see is bad and remain the good ones instead of nerfing them. Instead of asking for people useless Suggestions in here, forum warriors is not going to help us in here. They're just trying to ruin the server by suggesting non sense.

Edited by Lexii, 01 March 2015 - 04:39 PM.

• ROWDY and Hammertime like this

#4 Siobhan

Siobhan

my live is potato

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Location- Underneath the earth like a wild potato

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:37 PM

I noticed a good amount of players already stopped playing. At peak times, the server used to have about 140-160+ players, but as of 2-3 days ago it's down to 100-140.

Two of my friends already quit playing because PvM2hard4me. I really like this server, but at this rate, I don't know anymore. :I

Don't make me go back to VendRO, please. ;___;

• Lexii likes this

#5 Zenske

Zenske

Chonchon

• Player
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:43 PM

I don't want a server based on members suggestions, want to play something close to the original.

• Drake likes this

#6 Innomite

Innomite

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:55 PM

Well, I just want you guys to notice that it's March already, and school has started for most people in most countries. That also includes me. It's not something that's only happened here in Leika, it's happening on other servers, too.

The only thing that I could possibly ask you guys to do is to spread the word.

I noticed a good amount of players already stopped playing. At peak times, the server used to have about 140-160+ players, but as of 2-3 days ago it's down to 100-140.

Two of my friends already quit playing because PvM2hard4me. I really like this server, but at this rate, I don't know anymore. :I

Don't make me go back to VendRO, please. ;___;

Don't go away, please ;___;

Edited by Innomite, 01 March 2015 - 04:55 PM.

#7 Leon

Leon

Chonchon

• Player
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:01 PM

Gx really sucks in here, i only log in to break emp and play as genetic, Gx dont kill anyone.

Oblivion Curse Poison is strange for me here, i could be wrong, but INT should give resistance to this poison, not decreases the time when poison is active.

Here is like if someone have 50 INT will be on poison for 1 minute, and if have 100 INT will be 30 seconds on poison (this is just a example)

This poison sucks here too

#8 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1041 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:08 PM

I don't want a server based on members suggestions, want to play something close to the original.

Could you define "original"?

Gx really sucks in here, i only log in to break emp and play as genetic, Gx dont kill anyone.
Oblivion Curse Poison is strange for me here, i could be wrong, but INT should give resistance to this poison, not decreases the time when poison is active.
Here is like if someone have 50 INT will be on poison for 1 minute, and if have 100 INT will be 30 seconds on poison (this is just a example)
This poison sucks here too

GX damage formulas are accurate as far as we can see.

#9 Aurora

Aurora

|・ω・) il padrino

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Locationhttp://tiny.cc/wlla

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

It doesn't kill to make or read constructive suggestions; if it turn out to be nonsenses, then give a coherent opinion about it or just ignore it. 

The factor affecting the amount of players is vague.

And its very simple, if someone is not convinced with the work that has been done in Leika, there's a bunch of servers out there to choses from. But if for some reason you appreciate the effort that has been put and have a desire to make the server grow to its potential, the least that you could do is to "spread the word" as Innomite said. 

#10 Zenske

Zenske

Chonchon

• Player
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

which server, leika is based? 

@aurora
Who are u man? 

Edited by Zenske, 01 March 2015 - 05:14 PM.

#11 Penjahat

Penjahat

Chonchon

• Player
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:15 PM

Well, I just want you guys to notice that it's March already, and school has started for most people in most countries.

Wat is school? /hmm

/ok

kinda lazy to play in last 2 week, just log in to see what news , what fixed, mah rk , mah monee, mah time lvling but /yawn

#12 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1041 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

The server is homebrew, just like ALL private servers out there.

You gotta be more concrete with your concerns.

#13 Krain

Krain

The Gentleman of Gentlemen

• Player
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:35 PM

My first suggestion: Better communication with the community before doing things.

An example of this happened yesterday which went something like this:

1. A guildie and I decided we wanted to go MVP pharoah, so we did. 

2. We found pharoah and began engaging in combat with the mvp. 

3. All of a sudden, we got frozen for a few seconds and the mvp dissapeared.

4. The admin said they had just reloaded the scripts. 

5. Could not find the MVP, went to try hunt other MVPs. MVPs were not there.

So what is my problem with this?

I understand that scripts need to be reloaded.

However, please give a warning ahead of time before doing so or time to finish up.

I would like to note, maybe people I have met over the years i've played RO would see that as a huge red flag and would change servers.

In closing I would like to say that this server is pretty nice, has some great features and does have the potential to be a great server. 

I'm only bothering to post to bring this to attention so that improvements can me made. Nothing more.

Cheers!

-Krain

#14 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1041 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:38 PM

Huh, that's pretty stange since we have a feature that stops MvPs from respawning after reloading scripts or restarting server (hance no MvPs after maintenances), need to investigate this.

#15 alchefuck

alchefuck

Chonchon

• Player
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:23 PM

Zenske is not totally wrong ... totally right neither.

I will try to throw my opinion, once again (hopeful my english can be understood properly).

I think the things must change, always: in better. Keep in mind improvement as must is necessary. Perfect server don't exist and will never do, but since we are playing a pserver we can reach a result that can be adjusted gradually (read: with multiple attempts) to let us enjoy the game in a balanced way. This means I think official RO is not balanced, I consider Gravity mother-imbalance itself. Why? Official RO is a game to generate profit, high profits ... if the game is balanced nobody pay to get advantage/re-balance the game. Here donations are for server bills, machine specs improvements, exclusive features implementation and such; I doubt Rikter, Terpsichore and Byte aims to get rich running this server. This was a needed introduction (cause of "original" statement, meant to be "official"). Said this ...

As I said on previous posts (Ranger nerfing and Temporal Boots discussions) the best way to implement a good patch - in my honest and debatable opinion - is testing. Test server is coming ... good? Maybe. When I suggested testing I was clearly talkin about Admin's testing. I agree with the fact they have lifes, as for is not possible test scenarios such as PvP or GvG. So: if goes as usually, where people throw his opinion about how to improve the game and the mosts (democracy ... shittiest thing ever) will see their opinion applied as patch once again complaints will start. Admins should remember players are just players: they want to get personal advantage in a way or another. My hope about test server is to see Admins watching how the game goes, request specific tests on PvE and PvP/GvG scenarios, listen to everybody opinions (even from whom don't usually please you), take in consideration this two aspects and get a middle way position so nobody will be happy but unsatisfied neither. Else, feel free to keep actual behavior policy and consider the chance of quits and whinings forever (as stated and happening already ... yesterday's late night rants of Terpsichore on #main docet).

Another thing to keep in consideration (once again: I spoke about it on past discussions mentioned above) is consider PvE and PvP/GvG two total different fields.

I can't tell anything about Siobhan opinion's since I totally agree with it. Improve the PvE scenario is a thing, allow to enjoy it just if you are into a big guild is another. I'm actually playing with Oblivion ... a small, helpful and friendly group of players that welcomed me to this server. Know what? Some left cause we are not able to handle the usual PvE instances and we can just nuke common things. I don't think nobody have to be sorry for being and playing into a small guild/group of players. We are players as everybody is, we want to have fun as everybody should. If you want a server for guilds with 30+ members each you are free to do it, but you should let people know about.

I was wondering to join Reviled for WoE activity (as declared on previous posts into guild recruitment threads), but changed my mind about it. To be clear: nothing wrong and/or against Reviled, they just did what a guild is supposed to do: recruit. But the problem still: if we want to enjoy the game what we have to do? Join Reviled? The next monster-large guild after them? So what will happen? A guild of 56 players vs ... nobody, since we are all into the same guild or it outnumbers any other? Admins have to consider this, cause competes GvG and PvP balance. Yes, also PvP because without such large guilds you can't actually access gears needed to play a high-end PvP. I've met a few newcomers leveling up my Sura and talkin with them I stated always this problem: after some day of gameplay, reached a decent level, they mind to leave the server cause guilds are very conservative (read: with us or against us) and MvPs/Instances aren't accessible in any way (I suggested them to post on forums, but seems they didn't even considered the chance to). Here comes the point: I think Reviled point of view is taken more in consideration cause they are the "main" (largest ... are they? Not sure, just let me know) guild on the server; problem is other guilds don't have the same players poll. Once again: they (Reviled) are doing nothing bad, it's Admins lacking on decisional matter. Leaving decisions to players don't means get a suitable solution. Admins role is judge, find a balanced solution between everybody's taste, allowing everybody to play with fun. Let's make a pragmatic example. Let's say you makes the game fit 50% of server's players taste; well ... expect the leftover 50% to quit soon or later as for keep whining forever for the drama: nobody is here to have no fun. Common, not? So: I personally hope Admins will consider the politics activity with guilds a neutral (for real) activity on the times willing.

Last thing, since nobody mentioned it, is related to players behavior and GMs control.

I understand having fun on #main (and forum too) with no sense conversations and some trolling can be fun but, please, not every single minute of the day. 99% of the times I read messages in main is annoying stuff. I turned off the #main, no way to keep it up. I will keep playing here, but some other players underlined me this issue; now they are inactive or don't login at all, I just hope they will come back (since, in most cases, was the ones I was having fun with during my gameplay). This is not a good advertisement anyway ... community behavior makes the difference. So, kindly: be fun, without pretending to be it anytime (that results in ... somthing not fun at all) and if GMs see such behaviors react instead of feeding (saw Admins themselves take active part on such content - that's honestly kinda disgusting to me -). Thanks in advance.

All said.

Edited by DiesIrae, 01 March 2015 - 06:26 PM.

• Krain likes this

#16 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:33 PM

Post too long, gonna chug chicken breasts instead.

• ROWDY, Hammertime and tokola2 like this

#17 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:54 PM

Baking soda i got baking soda.

I've already posted a thread about this, and most of my opinions are there.

We don't want something as close to the original/official as possible. That's why we play here.

But also we don't want something so far removed from the game most of us are familiar with, that monsters have uncharacteristically different skills or strategies, or skills have an entirely different utility, where possible.

Nerfing matk is on the list so don't worry about the difficulty of PvM.

I half agree, as in, some changes are too radical, but disagree with your suggestion, because you didn't make one. Also, the forums are starting to get too flooded because there are far too many of these vague threads which don't suggest specific things. If you want to discuss the servers direction and patch system there are already too many threads about that, including my old one. http://leika-ro.net/...ssionswarnings/

#18 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:00 PM

If your problem is WoE related then post proper discussions and suggestions here. http://leika-ro.net/...ance/#entry6292

We need to stop the senseless shit slinging in game.

• Gionelles likes this

#19 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

Actually communication between staff and players is really good. There's IRC, you can very often find someone from the staff in pront, they are active on the forums and reply very quickly. If you think communication is issue then probably problem is on your side, most likely because you don't really care about communication yourself. Nobody will bring you things on silver plate or wait with whole project for you to log in to inform you about upcoming changes. Both sides should put some effort into communication, not just one.
When it comes to communication Leika is really good. Never had problems with answers + you don't get those typical soulless formulas like when dealing with corporations or "professional wannabees" on other servers.

Now about suggestions from community vs staff doing what it thinks is best: it isn't that easy. If no suggestions were taken into consideration there would be no toning down low lvl monsters skills, no old palettes in stylist, maybe no mora coins cost correction, no more pets, no test server and many other shit. If staff was applying every suggestion, server would become huge clusterfuck because sadly very often you can stumble upon rather egoistical suggestions that comes down to "buff class I'm playing" or "add something that will help me hunt something I'm hunting now". There needs to be balance and staff was doing decent job so far. Not perfect but still decent. The only issue I have with this is that Terp can be very stubborn and sometimes I don't get better explaination than "it's retarded", "we don't want this".

I think the main problems of this server are:
>spoiled, entitled, casual community - "it's staff fault we don't have parties! pls organize parties for us but don't nerf repeatable quests, even more, buff them!". Sometimes you just see people bitching about problems they can solve themselves or overcome by putting just a little bit more effort than almost no effort.

>lack of sources - one of the main problems is that casual gaming is cancer that kills any ambitions. Many people bitch about monsters being too hard and eventually quit because no other server has so strong monsters so they assume it's some bug or custom change. On the other hand people demand close-to-official mechanics. If staff posted sources for changes and it would turn out it's official, people would have no way to accuse changes of being customs. Even more, it could make server more attractive because it'd mean it's the only server that is really trying hard to be up-to-date.
I'd like to get explaination why there was no source for even one controversal change. I only heard "it'd take too much time to add all sources every patch note" which I can understand, but fuck, people are bitching about monster matk and extra skills so much that posting sources for those things alone would improve situation drastically. Do you hesitate with sources so other servers wouldn't be able to copy stuff from you to keep your advantage?
Also explaining situation of rA/herc would help a lot because I get impression that many players don't know shit about it and think that standing out of other servers is custom/bug when it actually could be fixed mechanics.

>I have a feeling that direction and goal of server isn't very precise. Byte already posted http://leika-ro.net/...rection-intent/ which is huge + but I get impression that details aren't precised and some changes are made kind of blindly. Like "let's change this and see if it'll help". Some of the issues like those with WoE have been known for a long time already, especially that both Terp and Byte were actively playing renewal RO but I can still see something like "yeah, we'll have to figureout what to do with those troublesome gears" like those gears are something new.
I'd be much more satisfied if stance on customs was much more precise in the link I posted.
It'd be good to hear what exactly staff wants to achieve for example in WoE. When I've posting suggestions it was kind of clear that I wanted to make renewal WoE similar to pre-re one when it comes to playstyle. Right now I have no idea what effect is wanted. "Balance" is very blurry word.

#20 Barry

Barry

Chonchon

• Player
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:31 PM

Huh? I think you're being misleading. Reviled or any guild aren't calling the shots behind this server and they complain just as much as everyone else when a nerf hits. Buffs and nerfs aren't implemented just because of popular opinion. The admins have brains you know and have more experience than most players so they're not just implementing things randomly because people suggest it. They really do think about if buffs and nerfs and if they are reasonable before implementing it. There could be some more player feedback before large changes hit but you can generally trust the admins they're trying to do things for the 'good' of the server when they implement it and the general population just can't be trusted as much because most don't have as much 'experience' or are just looking out for themselves. There's no way around that without sounding condescending but that the way it is. Of course that isn't to say they won't and don't listen to player feedback because many things have been implemented and reverted because of that. You just need to give your suggestions and feedback clearly and well thought out and not vague 'this is shit. change it' comments. I think the large nerfs and customs would be easier to handle to the community if it was easier to find and knew the thought process behind them. Maybe the patch notes could be more thorough too. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users