43 replies to this topic

#1 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

Anything and everything WoE related will be discussed here. If you feel like a certain class is overpowered or nerfed to shit or if you feel like a skill/item is using an incorrect formula then this is the thread where you post valid suggestions or (much better) actual sources for a quick fix. If you feel like something isnt right then discuss it here, not in-game.

I'll start off with magic attacks. We all know that its doing an insanely high damage even on players that are wearing full reductions. Apparently, Terpsichore already found the reason why and we'll be getting a fix soon. (Inb4 warlocks start whining about their class being nerfed.) When Soul Expansion is doing more damage than Asura Strike, something is definitely wrong.

Another one is Shadow Chaser's Masquerade proc rate. It seems like the proc rate is broken since during tests, it inflicted the status on my sorcerer 8/10 when my weight was only about 5%. I also feel like the skill Masquerade ignorance is just too good of a skill. It basically shuts down anyone for as long as 20 sec (Yay 20 sec of being able to do absolutely nothing). I'm not too sure if the correct formula is being applied and even if it is, its just too good. https://docs.google....ChVW3o0cpKTCrQU

Another one is sorcerer's vacuum. I just noticed it last WoE. It seems like even when the Vacuum is gone, targets are still getting stuck and are unable to cast certain skills. I need to run more tests on this one preferably in a gvg area but it would be good if another player can confirm on this one.

Last Saturday WoE, we noticed that theres more hp on barricades, guardian stones and emp. I personally think the barricades have too much hp now and with proper set up, they wont be destroyed. So can we discuss on how things should be?

• Lexii and Gionelles like this

#2 Lyka

Lyka

Uwa~

• Player
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:12 PM

Can confirm vacuum. It lingers for a set duration after the graphic disappears. (3 seconds?)

Edited by Lyka, 01 March 2015 - 06:12 PM.

#3 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:17 PM

Oh i forgot.

Once we confirm (here) things are actually broken, feel free to post them on the Bug Tracker section.  Otherwise..

If theyre actually using the correct formula and isnt broken but just overpowered, then post valid suggestions here to make things "balanced".

#4 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:23 PM

1. I feel like MAsq sucess chances is way too high. Even when i have over 100 total agi, i get masq basically every single time. And according to the official iRO GM provided formula, Agi plays a huge role in resisting it. Also my priest plays with aout 50% weight (2500/5000).

2. Vacuum seemed to fine to me. The skill works just like that. If you run past it, you have the status effect already. Thge moment you stop it will actually procc its effect and root you, causing skills that impart movement to not work anymore. (Such as asura)

3. Barricad hp, etc is fine. Git gud.

#5 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:28 PM

Barricade hp certainly isnt fine and "git gud" as a suggestion isnt valid at all. Please try to be intellectual. Being a neanderthal in this thread isnt tolerated.

Also, no one can take you seriously since you had an Adoramus AB during WoE.

You most likely have not seen a decent precast on a complete WoE roster. Mechanics, good AB, good sorcerer and the cades wont die.

Edited by Syncope, 01 March 2015 - 06:29 PM.

• Lexii likes this

#6 Coli

Coli

Chonchon

• Player
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:33 PM

I must say SE is useless anyway, since telekinesis got dispelled every time it popsup.

With 5mins of cooldown and also sorc dispelling every single time, we cant see telekinesis SE build no more. 

#7 Lilsdelle

Lilsdelle

Chonchon

• Player
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

flashcombo i think u got it wrong for vacuum..they meant that the effect of "rooting"  is still there (for like couple of seconds according to lyka) eventho the effect is actually already gone..

the thing about barricade hp..i think its not such a bad idea to boost it up but not too much..first of all its bcoz its heal-able..and plus, the purpose of it is for the defending guild to defend their barricade and delay the enemies' progress as much as they can..but when u boosted it too much, the defending guild doesnt even bother defending their barricade / stones..bcoz "hey lets rebuild stone"..and by the time stones(with buffed up hp) are down and attacking guilds goes for the barricade now..the defending guild goes "hey cd is over..and the (buffed up hp) barri is still up..lets build up the stone again and make the barri (once again) invulnerable~ yeay" and the cycle repeat..

i can somewhat understand if the woe population is high..but as the current situation right now..it is only favorable to the one owning the castle

#8 Barry

Barry

Chonchon

• Player
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

Oh. That was vacuum? I always just thought it was lag. Wasn't here for last WoE so can't comment on the barricades. Asura damage seems off to me because somehow I've survived a few Asuras but I thought it was just the other people not being geared yet or something. Population is too low for WoE still I think tbh but can't really do anything about that other than rate and review. This isn't a purely dedicated WoE server either so we can't just make it so that it's extremely easy to lvl and get geared but maybe there can be some changes to compromise? Could slightly increase the basic card drops for PvP or something and fix the Prontera board so that it's easier to lvl.

#9 Sylphid

Sylphid

Elementalist

• Player
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

I must say SE is useless anyway, since telekinesis got dispelled every time it popsup.

With 5mins of cooldown and also sorc dispelling every single time, we cant see telekinesis SE build no more. 

Intense telekinesis is supposed to be unaffected by clearance/dispell according to rms and this thread. If you can confirm that what you're saying is true then report it on the bug tracker.

#10 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:24 PM

Vacuum animation =/= Vacuum effect. If you step into it just before it disappears and duration of effect it longer than remaining VE animation duration, you'll be immobilized even after VE disappears.
For example:
VE animation duration left: 3 seconds.
VE effect duration: 10 seconds.
If you step into VE, you'll be immobilized for 7 seconds after VE disappears.

#11 Hammertime

Hammertime

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

I'll start of with a class that desperately needs a buff: GX. The reason why it's not balanced is the risk at it which this class put itself(say running a twohanded weapon) and there not being any reward for it, because of how low the damage output is. I'd like GX to be able to run more diverse builds other than just being reduced to a breaker/aspd poke/leech end build. The offensive capacities of the following skills for woe need some kind of buff: Rolling cutter/CI/Sonic Blow. I don't know exactly why the damage is this low, even poke damage is pathetic. Even when you stack all amplifiers(impress dark claw) you can think of and run glascannon offence build it will just do 6k CI on full reduct woe setting. The way to do this is perhaps by making EDP stack with CI/Sonic blow. Either way I wouldn't really know. Rolling cutter is already affected.

You would have to however test this in game and find what is acceptable damage output for this class on high end gear in a WoE setting. I don't have any way of testing this so I can't say exactly how to change it. But what seem acceptable guidelines for me is something like 2 shot CI squishies, 10k Rolling Cutter per hit, 2 shot sonic blow (depending on if you can do 2 SB in 1 time). This vs full reduct targets. This class was designed to have top tier damage potential and pick off potential, return it's glory.

Edited by Hammertime, 01 March 2015 - 07:41 PM.

• Lexii and Syncope like this

#12 Barry

Barry

Chonchon

• Player
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:38 PM

I don't think anyone is stepping into the animation and complaining about the effect lasting longer than the animation. Think people would be smarter than that. I've randomly had times when i walked into nothing with my effects on and I just can't move for a few seconds everyone else seems to move around me. But like I said I thought that was just lag.

• Lexii and Hammertime like this

#13 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

Intense telekinesis is supposed to be unaffected by clearance/dispell according to rms and this thread. If you can confirm that what you're saying is true then report it on the bug tracker.

I thought that was the old formula. It just makes sense to tweak it because +200% matk on soul expansion is pretty retarded not to mention it gets even more amplified with white imprison.

@psor. My issue isnt mainly on getting stuck but it seems like youre unable to cast certain skills. I tried mashing poison cloud on myself and it just didnt work. Other skills like psychic wave does work.

Edited by Syncope, 01 March 2015 - 07:41 PM.

#14 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:48 PM

Position bug and skill range maybe? Try testing in PvP arena or something and make sure there was no position bug.

#15 Lexii

Lexii

Only God Knows Why

• Player
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

Need to buff Gx i tried it with Terp high end gears, vs my decent reduction and its like 6k CI with EDP.

+9 Glorious Bloody Roar RIP.

#16 Hammertime

Hammertime

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:03 PM

Not being able to use skill is mostly when you get hit during the animation of a skill. It's something that happens frequently in hercules. Feels like you stay in the animation without being able to do anything for a while. Try asura strike some1 that windmils on death. You will get stuck and I don't mean the sit. Stuck4ever. It's probably because of the visual animation(asura has a very long one sometimes where it still shows the animation even after you are walking away). And the only way to unstuck is by getting hit once. When something hits me when i use some skills Ii get stuck myself quite often. I don't think there is much that can be done about this, it's more of a feature of hercules. Perhaps removing the animations or something.

Edited by Hammertime, 01 March 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#17 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:04 PM

Didn't casting first aid solve animation locks?

#18 PesseJinkman

PesseJinkman

retard

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:17 PM

How about not screwing every class with the 40% WoE reduction of the damage?

Even with proper gear you wont be able to One shot player but you would be able to atealst outplay them and kill them.

Now its just boring to farm your gear for such a long time and then in WoE if you are fighting against a tank class as GX or Sura you are just useless.

In my opionion the magic Damage is high but just in comparison to the other Dmg. If you are proper geared you can tank it away but if you need 3 skills to kill a

squishy Wiz its ridiculous. And an GX lives from One shoting Stuff or having high DPS to like sneak away and CI or crit again.

I would recommend to remove the 40% reduction. Thats just my opinion.

#19 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:37 PM

How about not screwing every class with the 40% WoE reduction of the damage?

Even with proper gear you wont be able to One shot player but you would be able to atealst outplay them and kill them.

Now its just boring to farm your gear for such a long time and then in WoE if you are fighting against a tank class as GX or Sura you are just useless.

In my opionion the magic Damage is high but just in comparison to the other Dmg. If you are proper geared you can tank it away but if you need 3 skills to kill a

squishy Wiz its ridiculous. And an GX lives from One shoting Stuff or having high DPS to like sneak away and CI or crit again.

I would recommend to remove the 40% reduction. Thats just my opinion.

Why? So everything one shots everything?

#20 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:38 PM

Because muh 6k GX or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users