• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 PesseJinkman

PesseJinkman

retard

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:08 PM

Even without the 40% you cant one shot everything . If you have proper reduction you wont be one shoted .

#22 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:37 PM

Even without the 40% you cant one shot everything . If you have proper reduction you wont be one shoted .

On a pvp setting probably yes because of the low numbers but during WoE where there are high numbers? You will be nuked.

#23 PesseJinkman

PesseJinkman

retard

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:35 AM

You said it already in WoE they were attacking you with 4 people and dealing no damage . So there needs to be something done and if you get the attention of 4 people lets say without the reduction 3 maybe 2 people to kill you ur team mates got enough time to kill them .

Just a suggestion because i think that on official there is no woe reduction exept for range dmg.

Edited by PesseJinkman, 02 March 2015 - 12:42 AM.

#24 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:50 AM

Want to test in pvp arena if you'll be able to outpot RG buffed as much as he would be in WoE? You seem to not know the outcome of your suggestion.

#25 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:57 AM

Without reductions you would be dropping like flies to unlimit AS which easily oneshots even a fully geared RK with some basic preparation.

And yes, reductions in WoE are an official thing, some servers like iRO actually increased them from 40% to 50%.
  • Lexii likes this

#26 PesseJinkman

PesseJinkman

retard

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:01 AM

I'm not sure but i guess on offical server its seems to work fine. And a range reduction was always there in woe . And  pneuma and a ranger is a joke.

And its not like he has always unlimit up but if he do its cool that he can kill some players atleast ranger would be there in woe now its just RG RK and mage classes thats it.

#27 Lexii

Lexii

Only God Knows Why

• Player
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:23 AM

I don't think removing WoE reduction is good idea.

• Hammertime and BanriYO like this

#28 JustHateMe

JustHateMe

retard

• Banned
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

Lower the reduction okay but take them away?! No please....

And yeah the change in iRo with the 40% to 50% it is maybe still easy to kill people there cause the equip i just saw on the official fRo forum yesterday a +20 g.spear.

All the things need to be tested but please not while woe do it before ;)

P.s whats btw about the woe from yesterday?

#29 Hammertime

Hammertime

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:29 AM

The solution isn't simply removing the WoE penalty. It's not how it works. A class power is measured in comparison to the other classes. Removing the -40% wouldn't solve anything. All it would do is introduce more problems, by buffing the classes that are already balanced damage wise. Right now there are some classes in a pretty decent spot WoE wise even if they aren't working as people would like them, they can manage and have impact. The goal of the balancing policy should be to make the tiers between the classes closer. Right now it's something like this(Mechanic/Sura might be S):

SS: Warlock
S: Shadow Chaser
A: Rune Knight, Sura, Mechanic, Sorceror, Minstrel, Genetic
B: Arch Bishop, Wanderer, Kagerou, Oboro, Royal Guard
C: Ranger, Soul Linker
D: Guillotine Cross, Rebellion
E: Teakwon Kid Ranker
F: Star Gladiator, Super Novice

D to F desperately need buffs. I'm still unsure about Rebel / Expanded Classes. Rest should be pretty accurate. Warlock needs to get toned down. Shadow Chaser balances out once you buff damage dealing classes such as Ranger/Guillotine Cross and skills that affect matchups. Right now only Warlock/RK/Genetic/Mechanic/Shadow Chaser/Sorceror could kill a Shadow Chaser. Warlock wins all matchups and can barely get touched. I would place Guillotine Cross in G if it wasn't for it's emp breaking potential. It's extremely bad aside of breaking. Anyway good luck balancing. There is actually a lot wrong with every class, but just keep this in mind when balancing & giving priority.

Edited by Hammertime, 03 March 2015 - 02:50 PM.

• Lexii and Zenske like this

#30 PesseJinkman

PesseJinkman

retard

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:38 PM

So just to clarify you think that the balancing from the offical server is crap?

Just asking.

Because im not intrested in a custom game of ragnarok thats just my opinion.

#31 Hammertime

Hammertime

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:32 PM

I wouldn't call it customs really. Just some tweaks to closen the giant gaps between classes, so that every class can have a good impact on WoE. Also note we don't have siege sets which changes the balance a lot. Not to mention that things change in officials as well. You can't just blindly follow it without taking into consideration the way our server is. The changes they make in their servers make sense in their environment. Also this being an emulator, will not ever be the same as the real thing. I'm also for as few tweaks as possible. But in the end a balanced metagame is way more fun to play in and takes more priority for me. This is why I kind of wanted to start of with everything just like in some offiical server(iro/kro/jro you name it, that has a relatively balanced metagame for woe), then collect data for a couple of woes then make tweaks accordingly if neccesairy. 

So much seems off in hercules >_<

As for offiicals I haven't played one in years. 2 me they always seemed unplayable simply because of the amount of lag they had. I can't really judge their metagame, but I have seen kro WoE's and those looked pretty healthy at that point in time (Just Rune Knight seemed very weak). This vids are from the time when waterbreath just got introduced and dragon breath got nerfed. I wouldn't know how it is now.

Edited by Hammertime, 03 March 2015 - 02:51 PM.

• Lexii and PesseJinkman like this

#32 PesseJinkman

PesseJinkman

retard

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:09 PM

Hm yeah I get what you mean.

Just some changed werent that good in my opinion like ranger nerf and gx.

I really like the siege set thing and that some mvp cards are not allowed.

Will see hope we can finde some solution withourt nerfing every class to the ground.

#33 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:58 AM

need a Nerf on me to balance woe, im so overpowered atm

Edited by Krabs, 04 March 2015 - 09:59 AM.

• Lexii and Hammertime like this

#34 Lyka

Lyka

Uwa~

• Player
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

http://leika-ro.net/...-bug/#entry6547

There's mention of a magic and melee fix. I can understand the magic bit, as the reductions don't even work. What does this "melee damage fix" apply to?

#35 Lexii

Lexii

Only God Knows Why

• Player
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:01 AM

Gx buff when?

• Scias likes this

#36 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:22 PM

I'm back. Let's get things on a roll again.

#37 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:21 AM

Eryx is here. Goodbye woe balance

#38 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:36 AM

A bunch of things will be fixed soon.

#39 Lexii

Lexii

Only God Knows Why

• Player
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:18 PM

Temporal Boots enable when?

#40 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:51 PM

A bunch of things will be fixed soon.

And that includes my crystallization, yes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users