62 replies to this topic

#1 Tesdey

Tesdey

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:37 AM

Damn, I come out to enjoy myself one day off, when I return Revailed said to have quited from server, and now most people in Gordinhos are already packing to go to another server.

So, Adms, GMs, the server will lose the last "big" guild, which will leave the server nearly dead.

You guys have something up your sleeve? 

Would highly recommend;

Make the god damm server easier, stop to worry about accounts to "a better future". One of the reasons of people to play on privates is that they are easier to get things. Not yet understand why complicate things like droping and farming Salad.

Pvp is dead. Do BGs more appealing, yeah, make then a farming woe spot, I still have not received a response because that would be a problem. Make kills in pvp add points to something, it may be badges of BG, any minimally smart thing.

Stop giving reasons for your players being frustrated. Followed WoEs giving problems, really?Whatefoak?? Whats is the matter with you guys? If you need more active and competent people on staff look for it now.

You guys need to make big chances, and really fast. Gordinhos are really immigrating and I find no reason to try to convince my friends to the stay here, to be honest, I've had good experiences with the PvM here, but our guild was always focused on WoE and PvP, things that never worked out here.

I really have no pretensions to play on another server, so I actually am in expectations of this server do something.

Edited by Tesdey, 15 March 2015 - 05:46 AM.

• Hammertime, Zenske, Razlen and 1 other like this

#2 Arn

Arn

To my side my noble einherjar!

• Player
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:26 AM

Well, this's a low rate server, there's not much to do to make things "easier". While I do agree that some customizations are out of place like Lockboxes and exclusive content on CS, the PvM is ok...

PvP room should never reward anyone with anything, it's a place so people fight each other "for fun". BG, should be more appealing thought, maybe custom the "shop" so that you can trade for other stuff like Kawaii Coins and lolboxes keys.

#3 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:54 AM

Damn, I come out to enjoy myself one day off, when I return Revailed said to have quited from server, and now most people in Gordinhos are already packing to go to another server.

Why exactly? I skipped sleep to fix WoE related stuff and implement a workaround for the spell damage issue under GvG setting (which is a core Hercules issue) and this is the response?
I'm pretty confused.

Make the god damm server easier, stop to worry about accounts to "a better future". One of the reasons of people to play on privates is that they are easier to get things. Not yet understand why complicate things like droping and farming Salad.

Are salads such a dealbreaker? Does the game revolve around a dropchance that was never supposed to get boosted by server rates since it's already very high? Are there no other healing consumables available?

The way it worked (50% drop chance!) we might as well just add a NPC that gives you free salads, this is a low-to-mid rates server and such things are completely out of line.

White potions Z were buffed and we're looking at more ways to improve brewing and other stuff.

Pvp is dead. Do BGs more appealing, yeah, make then a farming woe spot, I still have not received a response because that would be a problem. Make kills in pvp add points to something, it may be badges of BG, any minimally smart thing.

I haven't had any replies to my post where I ask for ideas so I assume there's no interest, just as there's no interest in actual PvP, just rewards.

If people don't PvP, it's most likely due to one or multiple of those things:

1. It isn't fun, be it due to mechanics, class balance or settings.

2. There's some external factor that makes it artificially hard to get into action.

3. They don't actually care about PvP.

So let's figure this out, shall we? Simply making BGs award you potions won't solve any of those issues, we will just have people that still aren't enjoying PvP farming BGs for their WoE pots, making it a chore.

As for making BGs award pots, it can be done in a REASONABLE way, with a decent badge/point cost and the potions themselves would need to be balanced.

Stop giving reasons for your players being frustrated. Followed WoEs giving problems, really?Whatefoak?? Whats is the matter with you guys? If you need more active and competent people on staff look for it now.

I don't really get any of this, care to elaborate?

If people have issues and concerns, they should voice them, so they are known, they can also help by actually elaborating further and making suggestions. Otherwise it's hard to know what's going on exactly, cheap sarcasm and doomcrying aren't of any help.

It looks to me like long-term is a concept majority of the current RO playerbase isn't used to, since changing servers like socks is the norm. Thanks to this, things like balance and contributing to the server are alien concepts, only a very small minority gets involved and I thank them for it.

I'm always open to proper suggestions and ideas, I don't get those often though.
To illustrate a bit how absurd it can get sometimes and the things I have to listen to every day;

Some players are angry because certain exploits and bugs were fixed and some things are finally working as intended, so their vicious circle of abusing the same years old exploits, bugs and oversights nobody cared to deal with for years, came to an end. This is apparently a dealbreaker to some.

For some reason, certain players expect to be able to easily solo endgame MvPs with basic gear. Even on officials, which were dumbed down to a ridiculous degree in order to accomodate the current P2W, solo-based business model they practice, you're required to to spend large amounts of money in both cash shop and to buy botted zeny before having good enough gear to be able to solo those MvPs, which is by the way utterly pointless since the stuff they drop is entirely deprecated over there.
This isn't a x1000 rates level 255/150 server and we aren't trying to emulate officials either, I'm fairly sure none of you would like that.
This is MMORPG and thus, we're trying to keep the core aspects of the genre alive.

So, to make things short:

1. We aren't going anywhere and we aren't stopping working. MANY things were changed and added due to player's feedback.

2. I'm glad we've deal with most of issues that commonly plague renewal servers, such as years old bugs and exploits, outdated and wrong databases, dead economy, zeny inflation and entirely solo-based, unrewarding PvM gameplay, which is still bread and butter of this game for the majority. You have to push aside personal, short-term benefits for a better overall game sometimes.

3. PvP, WoE and BGs are something we want to greatly improve, and in fact, already did to a degree, you can't discard this.

#4 Sylphid

Sylphid

Elementalist

• Player
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

when I return Revailed said to have quited from server

Where the heck did you hear that? I'm online a few hours pretty much every day and I haven't heard anything about quitting the server. Sure, we haven't been as active recently due to certain circumstances, which have led to one or two members switching guilds. But we have no intention of quitting the server as far as I know, because there is no reason to. This is in my opinion the most well developed renewal server out there, so there would be no reason to switch server. If people quit they quit because they got tired of playing ragnarok.

#5 Zenske

Zenske

Chonchon

• Player
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:43 PM

when I return Revailed said to have quited from server

Where the heck did you hear that? I'm online a few hours pretty much every day and I haven't heard anything about quitting the server. Sure, we haven't been as active recently due to certain circumstances, which have led to one or two members switching guilds. But we have no intention of quitting the server as far as I know, because there is no reason to. This is in my opinion the most well developed renewal server out there, so there would be no reason to switch server. If people quit they quit because they got tired of playing ragnarok.

Lol? Your Members send pm to me, they spoke in the main chat. "ENJOY THE CASTLE, WE ARE OUT".

At the beginning when the server still had chances, we already said several opinions, it's too late for opinions, wanted to make a server thinking about the future, but forgot to think about the present.

Edited by Zenske, 15 March 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#6 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

Well, I certainly don't recall you suggesting anything.

#7 Aina

Aina

In Loliland

• Player
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:44 PM

Well, this's a low rate server, there's not much to do to make things "easier". While I do agree that some customizations are out of place like Lockboxes and exclusive content on CS, the PvM is ok...

PvP room should never reward anyone with anything, it's a place so people fight each other "for fun". BG, should be more appealing thought, maybe custom the "shop" so that you can trade for other stuff like Kawaii Coins and lolboxes keys.

I agree with this post, but still, kinda getting burned out... 4 charcters around level 130~140 because soloing things at this level starts to getting impossible and nobody to party. Logging pretty much to do Mora Dailies while I wait the change to remove random rewards, poring races and... Idling.

I don't care too much about pvp, so I can't say anything about it.

#8 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:51 PM

Farm oris and break lot of shit. You can easily solo Abbey for EBWs and GH/something else for oris.

#9 Aina

Aina

In Loliland

• Player
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:12 PM

I already did that, I broke all the Laphines till I got the +13.(but I still need a +9 or higher laphine shield tho, but I'm not farming that with 0,4% chance with 10 spawns in the map).

I want m-muh TSoD, but ET is not an option right now.

Edited by Aina, 15 March 2015 - 09:13 PM.

#10 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:15 PM

I agree with this post, but still, kinda getting burned out... 4 charcters around level 130~140 because soloing things at this level starts to getting impossible and nobody to party.

Without our fancy new zones you would be grinding lichterns all the way up to 175, without eden quests.

I don't really know how could leveling be made even more accessible after all the stuff we've added.
  • Maycha likes this

#11 Maycha

Maycha

Hostess with the Mostess

• Player
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:38 PM

Mmm, I think they're doing a fine job with the server.

Only reason I haven't been around is because I've been balancing a new full-time job, a hospitalized brother, and a small semblance of a social life.

#12 PesseJinkman

PesseJinkman

retard

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

Agree with Tesdey too many costume changes that werent necessary.

No PvP room announcer which i ask for DAY ONE !! Thats why pvp is dead cause no one knows that you are inside.

I dont want to go  pvp and write everytime in Main chat "Hey join pvp".

And the first 2 rooms from pvp sucks . Warlock makes ice walls spamm and they stay there and bug the whole arena out.

The remove buff room is fine open field etc. But the first two are just awful.

I dont like the priorities the GM stuffs sets like changing looks from Forum instead of fixing some known class issues which were already reported.

Anyways our guild is leaving too.

So was fun guys thanks for the competition.

Ah something i forgot to mention The HUGE  problem that you CANT play this server without buying items in cash shop.

Wheter for PvM or PvP you are forced to buy the items and thats why the economy is so broken no one ones to buy ingame items cause cash shop is way better so everyone just wants leika coins.

Told it Terp but for her its fine as its is ,dont know how someone cant see that the Cash shop items are too strong...

(Including Kawaii Gear)

So for me it is kinda P2W

Edited by PesseJinkman, 15 March 2015 - 09:57 PM.

• JustHateMe likes this

#13 Aina

Aina

In Loliland

• Player
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:46 PM

I agree with this post, but still, kinda getting burned out... 4 charcters around level 130~140 because soloing things at this level starts to getting impossible and nobody to party.

Without our fancy new zones you would be grinding lichterns all the way up to 175, without eden quests.

I don't really know how could leveling be made even more accessible after all the stuff we've added.

But that is not my point, not at all.

I like the new zones, and the new edens, I never said that they were bad. My point is exactly what I said, nobody to party, which bring several problems to the server overall, like economy problems since there isn't items avaliable - where farming things is better than buying them because of the low amount making the price high, for example.

I'm still in the server because I like the work that you guys are doing here, like todays Mora Sets change, Instances, Fixes, New Addons. But my point stands - for me.

Edited by Aina, 15 March 2015 - 09:50 PM.

#14 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:05 PM

No PvP room announcer which i ask for DAY ONE !! Thats why pvp is dead cause no one knows that you are inside.
I dont want to go pvp and write everytime in Main chat "Hey join pvp".

I'll get to it when I wake up, this was simply a very low priority since we had many things to deal with first.

And the first 2 rooms from pvp sucks . Warlock makes ice walls spamm and they stay there and bug the whole arena out.
The remove buff room is fine open field etc. But the first two are just awful.

Care to elaborate on this?

I dont like the priorities the GM stuffs sets like changing looks from Forum instead of fixing some known class issues which were already reported.

This forum skin has been in the list (bottom left corner, click change skin) for quite a long time, I just set it to default yesterday since it looks better.

Anyways our guild is leaving too.
So was fun guys thanks for the competition.

Inccessant server hopping is the cancer that's hurting this game more than anything else.

There isn't that much interest in RO at this point to begin with (even less in renewal due to the stigma it carries) and server hopping makes it all much worse since servers don't even get time to stabilize and develop themselves, due to this, there are servers constantly opening and quickly "dying". The potential playerbase is spread across many small, crippled servers.
Some of those servers probably had big aspirations and dedicated staff as well, but they were strangled by a wild playerbase that wants things exactly their way, out of the box.

But that is not my point, not at all.

I like the new zones, and the new edens, I never said that they were bad. My point is exactly what I said, nobody to party, which bring several problems to the server overall, like economy problems since there isn't items avaliable - where farming things is better than buying them because of the low amount making the price high, for example.

I'm still in the server because I like the work that you guys are doing here, like todays Mora Sets change, Instances, Fixes, New Addons. But my point stands - for me.

Well, nothing we can do about this, if you appreciate our work, spread the word so more people join and you will have someone to party with

#15 Tesdey

Tesdey

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:06 PM

Why exactly? I skipped sleep to fix WoE related stuff and implement a workaround for the spell damage issue under GvG setting (which is a core Hercules issue) and this is the response?
I'm pretty confused.

Well I'm pretty confused to by your response. You should know that does not help fix a problem and create another major problem.

You ruined two WoEs followed, I do not know if you know, but the second WoE started an hour before all the players expected, which resulted with the Reviled losing your castle. Players of Gordinhos arrived at the end of WoE calling party when they heard that the war was already ending, they did not hold more and said that was the last straw, and would be stopping to play here. Probably the same thing happened the Reviled, as the frustration there must have been even greater since they lost the castle. 

As I said before, Gordinhos is a guild of WoE and PvP. We dont have any pvp here on server, we spend all our time hunting itens on PvM, and then we got to WoE... that is always presenting a problem or another and the number of players is very low, with the output of Reviled have no reason to stay here.

Are salads such a dealbreaker? Does the game revolve around a dropchance that was never supposed to get boosted by server rates since it's already very high? Are there no other healing consumables available?

The way it worked (50% drop chance!) we might as well just add a NPC that gives you free salads, this is a low-to-mid rates server and such things are completely out of line.

White potions Z were buffed and we're looking at more ways to improve brewing and other stuff.

1 - Be extra wise for nerf, avoid to the maximum

Indeed, this is the basis for many MMO's, WoW always guard their balance sheets for large patches or even expansions. 

Nerf is still a nerf, even you got a big reason, players are sentimental and crybabys and they going to conplain and leave, not everyone is a fedora no scope edgy guy cocky badass like many players of this server. Like the Green Salad nerf, there was a reason for the nerf, but was not completely necessary, only helped to accumulate more frustration among players in return for almost nothing, not a good deal.

YES, leave salad droping with 50% chance. I dont know if i was clear enough but let me say it directly as possible. FIXING MINOR BUGS THAT MAKE LIFE DIFFICULT FOR THE PLAYERS EVERY WEEK, LEAVE THE PLAYER FRUSTRATED EVERY WEEK, EVEN IF YOU HAVE A REASON FOR YOUR SIDE.

This is not a thing in your server, its a thing with humans. None mmorpg do things like that, you are very logical and do not see things the sentimental side of the player, which is a baby whiner who just wants to get along.

You got in your hands dozens of buggys that harm players (poor mechanic [mah DB]), big problems of class imbalance, Matk still a problem on PvM, etc. Them what concerns you more? "The future" (while the present is dead), "minor bug abuse", "omg they are killing Ifrit to easy, let give a little more HP", "AD is killing to easy Malangdo bosses, let remove ViT points from it".

Little nerfs every week, frustration every week.

Learn how to handle peoples, learn how your players feels. You did not absorb anything in the conversation you had with the players in Lighthalzen of WRP (who also left the server)?

The number of active players falling all week, along with the number of complaints from players, do not say the obvious? The current management style is not working? Stop blaming the players for the server is dying. The players are leaving because they are frustrating more than having fun, accept this realityIf you want to blame the players for not wanting to play your game, you need to review your concepts.

If people don't PvP, it's most likely due to one or multiple of those things:

1. It isn't fun, be it due to mechanics, class balance or settings.

2. There's some external factor that makes it artificially hard to get into action.

3. They don't actually care about PvP.

So let's figure this out, shall we? Simply making BGs award you potions won't solve any of those issues, we will just have people that still aren't enjoying PvP farming BGs for their WoE pots, making it a chore.

As for making BGs award pots, it can be done in a REASONABLE way, with a decent badge/point cost and the potions themselves would need to be balanced.

It it will be 2.

With Velon removed, the only high tier pvp equips its Glorious from BG, which is almost impossible to get on this server conditions.

Them what players should do?
I'm going to tell the reality that happens here on Gordinhos.

We farm high tier PvM equips, witch is hard to get and needs of people and time. (Yeah sorry, Gordinhos dont have pinoy people who farm high tier MvPs with two people, we need at last 4+).

We was farming Beelzbub almost a month, and have not yet half the guild with the boots. (thx for the 50% drop that concern about the future of server)

We was farming Nid, but after reciving a warn about the CD dungeun exploit, we have to get 1 manteau each 3 days, still, we need to farm to another dozen people.

We was doing endless which take even more time and more people, to get more Beelz e more equips.

In short, every day we gather to kill some specific MvP to receive some equip that we are going to use on Woe. Then, what time left over to make pvp? None. I still have to get dozens of consumables for WoE during the week.

What was the reality of other servers we played? PvM was more doable, what made them appear more itens in the market, and we did not have to worry about joining a half or a dozen people to do something PvM, people could simply farm zenny and buy the item due to a reasonable price. Which is impossible to do on this server, we got leika coins almost impossible to obtain whithout cash, and high tier itens with absurd prices.

Then again on the BGs, how come give potions to players will not resolve any of this problem? If you give provide reasonable amount of potions (but where to farm witchstar sand would give more potions),the players would participate in BGs, which would be a step forward, the players need not worry so much about farm supplies in WoE, and they finally would get some equips of Glorious.

I don't really get any of this, care to elaborate?

Already said about WoE up to the post.

About staff, I'm saying that because you server still have tons of thing to fix and improve, and managed to screw with two consecutive woes, the first war was not at least one online ADM to take care of the problem, and on the secound people asked to Byte if the WoeEmissary time was right (one hour earlier than expected for all), or if the war would begin at the normal time, to our unhappiness Byte also said that the WoE start at regular times and npc was wrong. What proved to be an unfortunate mistake on their part.

Is you guys ADMs are busy and can not give due attention to the server is urgently in need, you need more people, simple as that.

And finally, you can not expect the players to come here and say all that is wrong with the server, and what are the best things you can do, that's something few players do (and most that do can be talking nonsense). Most players do not even use forum, they will play the server, they will say "I'm not having fun" and to immigrate going to another server.

Edited by Tesdey, 15 March 2015 - 10:30 PM.

#16 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:15 PM

Yesterday's WoE started at a correct time, nothing was "ruined", read the big red forum message we have right now. DST isn't something exclusive to us.

I'll address the rest of your post when I wake up.

#17 PesseJinkman

PesseJinkman

retard

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:18 PM

@Tesdey we werent mad that we lost the castle the Woe hour changes did screw us over true, we couldn prepare at all and hadnt had the members, but we didnt care anymore in first place because the castle rewards are bad anyways.
And @Terp we are not joining another server we stop playing RO since other servers are not that good either so Ro in general is dying.

They are just not good of different reasons.

Edited by PesseJinkman, 15 March 2015 - 10:20 PM.

#18 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:22 PM

but we didnt care anymore in first place because the castle rewards are bad anyways.

Considering that we entirely overhauled all castle chest loot, something that's usually rarely done, filling the chests with only useful stuff, how are the rewards exactly bad?

On a side note, why weren't there any suggestions regarding this? Nobody suggested improving the rewards in here but it was done anyway, I guess people were happier with mufflers?

Also, I assumed people WoE for fun, not some silly token rewards.

Bed for real now.

#19 Tesdey

Tesdey

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:22 PM

Yesterday's WoE started at a correct time, nothing was "ruined", read the big red forum message we have right now. DST isn't something exclusive to us.

I'll address the rest of your post when I wake up.

You should make that "big red forum message" a week before, not today. And the woe that was screwed was yesterday.

DST its something that each country controls differently if you do not know, for example in Brazil our DST ended weeks ago.

So again, people didnt know about the DST change until the day of WoE, they saw that the WoE Emissary was advertising an hour before expected, they asked if the @Byte was an NPC error, and he said the NPC was wrong. 

Edited by Tesdey, 15 March 2015 - 10:25 PM.

• JustHateMe and PesseJinkman like this

#20 PesseJinkman

PesseJinkman

retard

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:29 PM

To be honest I dont want to have to tell the GM everything they have to do they should have enough knowledge to get some things done on there own.

But we all know that that didnt went well (ranger nerfs and some other nerfs that werent discussed in the past).

And you can ask Abstract whats wrong with the castle drops he gets always the same crap out of the chests.
And still there is the P2W aspect I realy dont like and you cant tell me that its not P2W.

And agree with Tesdey we DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THE TIME CHANGE.
And it did change for us , like i said we couldn't prepare at all and our members didnt knew it so we were like 5 maybe 6 members.

Edited by PesseJinkman, 15 March 2015 - 10:32 PM.

• Lilsdelle and JustHateMe like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users