• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:30 PM

they saw that the WoE Emissary was advertising an hour before expected, they asked if the @Byte was an NPC error, and he said the NPC was wrong.

The NPC can't advertise a wrong time since it works in unison with server's time, the timer was and is correct, multiple people and I myself confirmed it, the NPC was showing the correct timer until WoE start for a whole week.

I understand that people didn't catch up on the DST change, even though there was a whole week to check the NPC and it will be announced in advance now.

I just asked Byte about this and he never said such a thing.

Ok, I REALLY have to sleep now, keep posting.

#22 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

I agree with Terp's first post. Salads were broken for ages to begin with. The community just whines on about everything being changed as if they dont want anything to change at all, and when that happens people complain of stagnation.

As for PvP, you really think an announcer will change anything? I think the a lot of the players in this server are a bunch of frustrated pvm nerds that are scared to step inside pvp cause they will get stomped.

#23 Aina

Aina

In Loliland

• Player
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:49 PM

But that is not my point, not at all.

I like the new zones, and the new edens, I never said that they were bad. My point is exactly what I said, nobody to party, which bring several problems to the server overall, like economy problems since there isn't items avaliable - where farming things is better than buying them because of the low amount making the price high, for example.

I'm still in the server because I like the work that you guys are doing here, like todays Mora Sets change, Instances, Fixes, New Addons. But my point stands - for me.

Well, nothing we can do about this, if you appreciate our work, spread the word so more people join and you will have someone to party with

I think this is the wrong position to take in this case.

This server is yours, you guys make the final decision of adding things or not - all that we, players, can do is suggest. 

At some point the server was really active, people doing instances everywhere, end games parties/early game, mvps parties, people just chilling out, people talking about how WoE would be and really excited about the server. It's pretty obviously that hype dies after some days, but I think that keeping people interests in the server is also one of the Adms job, and at the point that we're losing players, you guys have some take on that too - just saying "Well I can't help on this/RO is ded" it really doesn't help. And pretty much every thing that someone has to say, dumb or not, people crying or not, should be taken into account, because it's feedback - it's the only tool that you guys have to see what your players want, and what they think about the server.

Take this post as someone who wants see the server growing as well, like I said to you once - Leika is the best Renewal server that I played, and I'll continue here. But losing players is not beneficial for me who wants to play and see the server grow, neither to you guys.

Edited by Aina, 15 March 2015 - 10:53 PM.

• Moonbeam likes this

#24 Tesdey

Tesdey

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:58 PM

The NPC can't advertise a wrong time since it works in unison with server's time, the timer was and is correct, multiple people and I myself confirmed it, the NPC was showing the correct timer until WoE start for a whole week.

I understand that people didn't catch up on the DST change, even though there was a whole week to check the NPC and it will be announced in advance now.

I just asked Byte about this and he never said such a thing.

STOP BLAMMING THE FUCKING PLAYERS TERP. Stop being so stubborn and review your concepts if you want the server to go forward sometime in your life. My God how I feel stupid trying to talk to you even on the same issue, as my friends say this is already worthless and playing in another server.

Again³ put your self on player position.

"Ohhh look at me, I'm a Ragnarok player!

- I'm going to check the WoE Emissary everyday because... why the fuck not? NO I'M NOT

- I'm going to look at the hour, see "woe starts: 142:20:20" and make all the maths to see if the hour is correct because... why the fuck not? LOL WAT? HUE BR MATHS? NO I'M NOT
- I'm going to check the WoE Emissary hours only hours before WoE? MAYBE (YEAH, MAYBE, much of people will simply log on time that everyone is used, which has happened to dozens on last saturday woe). What already simply kills the woe and the issue, but we will continue thinking like a normal player
- I'm going to be confused by the NPC? YES
- I need help? YES
- If i ask about it to a GM, should i trust on GM or the NPC? GM"

So, yeah, anyway a normal Rag player in the situation that occurred would be screwed. As a minimum we would need a constante in-game notice over this change all week before WoE.

God damm, you at least need some people who have some sense of human feelings.

Edited by Tesdey, 15 March 2015 - 11:44 PM.

• Lilsdelle, JustHateMe, Aina and 1 other like this

#25 JustHateMe

JustHateMe

retard

• Banned
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:22 PM

Okay Abstract here.

So yeah the Castle drops are everyday (IF) they are there always the same shit like 200leika coins 10 kawaii coins and MAYBE 1 bb few berrys thats all since arround 2 weeks now with arround 9chests per day. I see your Increased Chest system terp GG! :)

So now to the shit about the woe i talked with you at saturday and you doesnt told me anything about any changed of the time or what ever i looked at the npc and i was like Okay 5 hours till WoE enough time to play some LoL.

Then in the evening after 4hours and 30 minutes or so a member joined our Teamspeak and was like Guys you dont wanna join WoE today? Everyone of us was so suprised at this point cause WTF?! 1 hour earlier no anouncment or so???......

Then to your thing with NOBODY suggested a change of the castle rewards???? So talking for like 3 days with "FlashCombo" is Nobody suggested??....

And the thing with dying server the server is dying cause your Random Nerfs buffs for every mvp costum buffs etc and also the P2W shit(No Cash Points = No Game!) you cant say servers dies cause the server hopper thats not true people just look for a server if you fck up that server people will just leave cause they dont care( Enough servers are outside ;).)

You should think about the shit you did the whole time there is NOT any complete Patch notes Nothing we have to ask for every single shit everytime....

Good luck anyways.

• Tesdey and PesseJinkman like this

#26 Neryth

Neryth

never stop spinning

• Player
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:25 AM

This server is my first time trying out renewal mechanics, and I'm just playing casually here. I've played on pre-renewal servers, both low-rates and mid-rates, for around 8 years.

I can't deny that it's hard for me to adjust to the changes that renewal brings, as I have often asked, "What is this? Why am I playing this?" while on this server. It's difficult for me to "get into" this server, or really just take it seriously at all, which is why I can only play casually.

There are a few barriers preventing me from enjoying my time here. The first obstacle is my own lack of knowledge combined with the lack of documentation/information shared by this server's developers and administration. I did not look extensively into Renewal changes myself, and instead had a friend explain most of them to me. On top of adjusting to the differences in Renewal, I also have to keep in mind really ominous patchnotes that casually mention ambiguous yet incredibly important changes to aspects of the game that are crucial to the gameplay experience, such as MvPing and basic mob behaviour. The MATK formula or whatever is going on with it also sort of makes the experience a complete joke. Maybe if card drops were higher, I could at least obtain the elemental armor cards needed to exist in locations that were actually accessible to relatively ungeared players in pre-renewal. From what I understand, the cash shop seems to have slotted elemental armor with added bonuses. It's a shame that I'm not invested in this server enough to open my wallet for them. Sure, I can grind the Dokebi, or Pasana, or Swordfish cards at 0.1 drop rate, but you shouldn't need those cards to begin with to not take 90% of your HP from one instacast/near instacast monster spell on a map that is supposedly in your level range.

The second major obstacle to my enjoyment of this server is the fact that it's nearly, if not outright, impossible to solo past level 140. This issue is largely related to the MATK formula problem mentioned above. Considering how important levels are in Renewal, you're effectively barring a large, or potentially large section of the playerbase from even progressing to end-game content. If I knew from the start that soloing past 140 would be virtually impossible, I would have never even created a character on this server. Quest experience is 30x here, which honestly is not really "low-rate" and actively contributes to the server feeling like it is not "low-rate". Partying is the only real option to continue to complete those quests after a certain point. The "option" of soloing is still there, but it's not a real option. The amount of time you would need to max out a character completely solo/independent of 140+ Eden quests is totally disproportionate to how quickly you can do it with an established party, at a ratio of something like 1:1000. Nightmare dungeons are supposed to be there to promote and reward partying and skillful players who want challenging PvM, but looking at this server, it feels like the entire game is already in "Nightmare" mode by default. The sheer difficulty and time investment required before you even graze the end-game content is baffling. I'm sure it would all go by much more easily and quickly if I had a large guild, and exploited certain game mechanics that requires multiple people, but I am and always have been more of a solo player. This server seems to stack everything against solo players, making it impossible to enjoy.

I find that Ragnarok Online has always had a certain balance in partying vs soloing, PvM & MvP difficulty, and PvP/WoE accessibility. But PvP and WoE will likely never open up to me on this server as a solo player. MvPs almost definitely will never open up to me as a solo player (largely due to random difficulty increases implemented by the devs here). I have someone I can 2-man some of the content with, but I'm effectively locked out of most of the game unless I want to do that. And even doing that unlocks something like 1/5th of the content I'm locked out of.

The most baffling thing is the sheer difficulty increase for a lot of things when drop rates for them are still <1%, and the gear to begin with is not gamebreaking or even the strongest available gear by far. This is really what makes even 2-manning a lot of stuff pointless, because the difficulty of doing so is not justified by the drop rates.

• Krain, JustHateMe and Tesdey like this

#27 BanriYO

BanriYO

Chonchon

• Player
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:52 AM

Hello, I am starting this due to the recent population drop and potential abandonment of this server.

When this server first opened (I found it like 2 weeks after launch) everything was pretty damn cool, you could level easily enough, there were tons of people of all level ranges looking for parties, and MVP COMPETITION, because you could solo them, there was at least five people trying to get an mvp, not just being forced to eden board.

I'll be listing a couple of issues I feel led to this situation of players being way to frustrated with the server and the admins who run it.

Just to get it out of the way, PvP, this server did a pretty good job not allowing vellum/woe gear to be available for two main reasons, one being that they seem pretty OP, and two the server was at a 200 population count, maybe 100 active actual players and making these items obtainable so early on could have had a horrible outcome for new players looking to WoE only to find that the guilds holding the castles are hoarding the items and have +12 weapons by now.

PvP is not very appealing to players who do not know how to obtain end game gear, either by themselves or the other alternative in this server, try to find a five man party, then try to somehow have synergy and communication between these five people, struggle to take down a beelz, for a 50% drop rate  for shoes that has a chance to land on someone who will probably never want to mvp party again now that they have the item they want. There is no need to try to make pvp appealing, players who want to 1 v 1 will want to play regardless of reward, and BG already has rewards in the form of glorious items. One of the main reasons I have noticed people don't want to pvp is out of embarrassment, They don't want to stain their good name of their super cool RK "Clit Destroyer" by running in to pvp with shit tier items only to find out they aren't as good as they thought.

That is really all I have to say about PvP, besides the whole WoE timer shit, I had fun in WoE, and in the like two games of BG I got to play

PvP develops after a player feels comfortable enough with their items and  disposables consumables that they are willing to go into pvp and test their metal vs others.

Instead of focusing on making MvPs unsoloable I believe the admins should be focusing on things they actually didn't fuck up on. Such as skill and item balancing. Ranger Unlimit nerf was one of the greatest things I have ever heard, it made Ranger's dps less retarded, white wing custom changes, fuck yeah gives you more of a reason to refine the shoes and mant instead of just enchanting purposes. Maybe not just focus on nerfing shit but buffing shit as well, I'm not to familiar with the GX situation but I've seen a lot of pissed people and hmmm Earth strain doing more damage than asura, to the point that asura can be tanked by anything wearing a raydric? that doesnt seem right to me, although I say that I know the admin team has created a make shift way to deal with the outrageous WL DPS. Anyway, focusing on skill balance and item balance should take way more priority over soloing mvps, which isn't even a problem, I'm sure it will impact the economy but nothing can be worse than a single player with 1bil because pay2win. I haven't even seen a single valk armor or variants in vend.

PvM, what the fuck happened. A lot of people who are looking for a renewal server are looking for a place with active players, a "balanced" economy, and leveling that doesn't start to stagnate after you reach 150+. I'm sure most players who actually read this remember the whole Stoneskin shit epidemic which threatened a server wide rage quit and the custom mvp stats and skill changes aren't helping.

Also, the number of solo players largely out numbers the amount of players who join a server in a group, and even then within a group of players there are bound to be times where they can not all play together due to a plethora of reasons. When new players join assuming this will be like any other server they have played before, only to find a Kaupe Beelz and a Vesper with dispell and EQ, rage quits are always imminent. MY SUGGESTION, just revert shit back to the way they used to be, this server is going to end up just being a server with a lot of custom changes that an admin dreamed would attract players.

If you bring back the solo play aspect of RO which most people actually DO like, and the admins are willing to drop their stubborn attitude about what a server should be like, then maybe this server will start to grow once more. RO is a dead game, only true fans still play it and no one wants the game to be any harder and time consuming than it already is. With that in mind realize that the larger half of the RO population is made up of 20+ year olds, adults with very little time to play. Personally I can barley find time to play, not because I'm THAT busy but because there is nothing to fucking do on this server, sure farming shit is an important aspect but for what? There is literally no items worth buying in vend aside from leika coins (pay2win). If you want an active community this server has to once again become appealing to SINGLE PLAYERS because not everyone has a group to party with you have left the server in a state of constant mid game, since end game gear is only obtainable by the few guilds this server has (had) and even then, they are obviously just going to share amongst each other, maybe vend a pair of variants for 200mil, oh wait Gio bought them, guess its time to wait another 5 weeks.

Bottom line is, this server isn't very appealing since everything is party oriented, renewal broke that a long time ago, no going back now.

• Lilsdelle, Hammertime, Krain and 3 others like this

#28 Arn

Arn

To my side my noble einherjar!

• Player
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:18 AM

You know what's fucking funny? People don't try do ADAPT, they just "want it like this" and end of discussion.

People also complain about parties but don't bother on calling other people except their circlejerk friends and/or alts to do all the stuff needed to progress. When we tried ET with random people for the first time it was not just really friggin' fun we also killed tons of end-game MvPs afterwards with our highest member level being like 150.

So don't start complaining about soloing stuff here and there so you can monopolize shit upside down, learn to share and not only with your guildmates/friends/alts. Stop complaining that you can't OHKO 200k HP monsters, and get 4 more people to help.

The matk is the only thing on PvM that really needs to be changed, and obvious the way they are handling lolboxes(I couldn't care less about equipment sould direct at CS, even thought they are expensive as fuck for my standards).

Bosses are killable thank you very much, they just need a different approach on the strategy, luring it to a wall and casting Land Protector is not how it works anymore.

Edited by Arn, 16 March 2015 - 01:19 AM.

• Enatriela likes this

#29 Tesdey

Tesdey

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:25 AM

You know what's fucking funny? People don't try do ADAPT, they just "want it like this" and end of discussion.

If people played a game so for years, is not a simple task the person to adapt to a totally different style of play. It is much easier for her to go to a server where things continue the way it is used.

In most, ragnarok does not have a friendly and practice party assembly system (like WoW), which complicates things eve more.

Edited by Tesdey, 16 March 2015 - 01:33 AM.

• JustHateMe and BanriYO like this

#30 Arn

Arn

To my side my noble einherjar!

• Player
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:42 AM

Does not mean that people shouldn't party. Dude, I've been playing this since 2003~2004, remember the Closed Beta Test of bRO? I was there.

I've been avoiding Renewal like plague for years until I played it, and now I can't stand the shitty days of OHKO Asura's and Sonic Blows, so I adapted.

The game is still the same, the core gameplay is still the same the PvE is just bit harder here but not impossible.

#31 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:23 AM

1. Wow! 2 fucked up WoEs! Tragedy!

2. So you're getting free cash shop points from the castle every day and still bitch that game is p2w? Reminder you can convert coins, points and other stuff so if you check all the sources of coins and other shit, it's not that hard to get items. Also isn't Gio or some other jew selling donuts for in-game cash? If those items weren't trade-able and there were no options to get CP in-game then you could scream about p2w. Also I've talked with people and it turned out there's like only 2-4 items you could call "broken".

3. Ofc you won't experience WoE as solo player. WoE was made especially for GvG. That's why you need guild (even if you're alone in there) to be able to conquer the castle. And because few players will always have bigger potential than single player, you will loose every time. The only exception are ninja breaks, but if WoE was really balanced, you wouldn't be able to do that.

4. Monsters thread has been discussied many times already. Once you get the gear, shit starts to be easy. Magic is the biggest threat but guess what? All the ele armor and garment cards drop from piss easy low level monsters. You're just too lazy to go there and farm them. Pot Doffle could cause few problems but you still have swordfish. The only reasonable change would be nerfing a bit magic of monsters with lvl below 100 because you lvl up so fast at such low lvls you most likely won't get the gears that fast. Terp said it'll be done, idk if change was put into life or not.

5. Lvling past 140 is possible, but slow. For example as a sorc with ele resist gears and potions (ele resist potions can be either brewed or farmed with plasma card) I could do almost all quests, it just took much more time and gems because I had to cast long-ass spells several times to kill monster. I think it was like 3-5 spell combos for kill. But because I had ele resist gears I could even mob a bit. As for last quests up to 175, first 2 lvls of Bifrost Tower which have 4 out of 7 I think monsters are soloable, Fire Basin is soloable, some nightmare stuff is soloable, certain Verus monsters are also soloable.
So you can solo stuff, but you won't solo EVERYTHING and it'll take more time.

6. If you have no opposition in WoE/BGs/whatever, why won't you split into 2 teams and practice or something? Too often I see some big guild hogging all the good WoE players and then complaining there's no competition.

7. Players have no account on forum? Boo hoo, too fucking bad. No one will be guessing what they think. Almost everything can be changed but very few people actually post suggestions other than "do something" and "do this because I said so" without any thought about consequences.

I think proper suggestion should have:

>described problem

>proposed change

>how it fixes the problem, what will be the consequences

Almost all this shit comes down to "I want it now without effort", which is shit stance to take when playing on low rate in the first place. Besides what will you do when you'll have everything really fast? Make few other chars, but this also doesn't take much. What when you'll have character of every class fully geared? WoE? Not everyone like it (put yourself in position of player you share server with) + do you think it'll be "balanced"? Tell me what you consider balanced WoE and how exactly to achieve it so there would be no throwing buzzwords.

Really, so many people feel so entitled to everything. What could fuck up almost entire generation or two so badly? Like decade ago if you didn't have time to play, you didn't play. Now people don't have time, don't have will, don't have cash, don't have lot of things, yet they feel entitled to get all benefits.

This server really has much more good stuff than bad stuff. I also have my complaints but there's no need to post it for xth time.

• Sylphid, NiHZ and Arn like this

#32 Salad

Salad

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:02 AM

Hi, I dragged Neryth into this server, so first of all I think I have the responsibility of apologizing on his behalf for being a poopy head in this topic. Gross exaggeration aside though what he probably means to WoE as a solo player is to pvp/mess people up in the castle which I'd say is pretty legitimate on a low population low rate. I don't have the experience to say if the way Renewal scales allows much of that anymore though.

As for me: I felt that I liked Ragnarok Online enough that I should at least give renewal a fair chance after all this time. (After keeping track of changes throughout kRO via iROwiki since Renewal started.)
I looked into this server because the new Episode content that released under Renewal looked like it was interesting and had potential, the only problem being that I didn't ... like renewal mechanics. My impression of Renewal was that progression was faster and gameplay "casual" so to give more players the opportunity to experience content. So seeing as I just wanted to see Cool New Episode Stuff, there was obviously a conflict of interest when I found out it's much harder in LeikaRO to progress than other Renewal servers. The decision to take the server in that direction isn't at fault, but it was more than a little irritating to find out this was the case, when the site and forums didn't really indicate this. I think this is the biggest problem with the server - There just isn't good documentation, STILL, of the massive amount of custom changes and tweaks this server has, and patchnotes seem to get vaguer as time goes on.

I'm totally OK with the game being harder. It seems like an attempt to bring Renewal content and game experience more in line with how the game was by the time episode 13.1 came in. That's cool, Neryth is totally exaggerating about the time and effort in soloing content by the end of pre-renewal. But here's the thing. There feels like a massive discrepency in exp rates vs drop rates on this server. The quest rates are like 30x on this server to boost the Eden boards, meaning you're really just gimping yourself if you're not hunting monsters on the Eden boards. This server identifies as low rate but the quest experience makes it feel like a mid rate server. This actually feels worse because you need more gear/cards on this server as you move on in areas than on other Renewal servers, so it actually feels like the EXP from the Eden boards are fucking me over more than they're helping.

I think there's something terribly wrong if it feels like a good idea to tax myself by 99% so I can actually get job levels before the boards ramp up drastically enough that you'd have to go back to get your core gears (resist/element cards). In pre-renewal this was fine because leveling in Byalan or Pasanas felt like a natural progression as you strengthen your character but it feels incredibly silly to shoot from base level 1-140 then suddenly get ass-blasted and have to spend your day hoping for a swordfish card in an incredibly low level zone. It's possible to do, but it feels counter-productive given how much Renewal focuses on levels, and then the problem is this: After you get your .1% card drop, you find out the cash shop has special Slotted Elemental armors that also do 10% more damage to the respective monster. I'm totally fine with grinding out the cards, but it feels like shit to know those .1% cards are actually the crappy free version of a Premium $6 armor that's superior to anything you can actually hunt and combine in game.

This isn't a problem with Renewal mechanics, it's management and server design. There's a massive amount of headgears with effects on this server, but they're either cash shop or exchangeable for kawaii coins. It's cool to implement new content, but it feels like shit when the only thing of value is Leika and Kawaii Coins. Alternative ways to obtain items ie custom drops and quests would promote activity. As it stands right now playing the server just feels empty, and it almost feels like you're getting punished for actually playing the game. Why would people want to play if the game experience consists of hoping for .1% drop rates for vaguely interesting cards and gears knowing full well that the cash shop provides superior equipment? And then after all of that...

The patchnotes every two weeks seem to be more undocumented increases to difficulty, or just completely bizarre changes.

For example,

Takun and his buddy Ankaa have been beefed up in preparation for the Underwater City update

Was anyone even farming these mini-bosses? They were up every time I went down there, probably because their drops weren't worth the effort. They are now much stronger and have the exact same drop rates. W H Y ? Why would anyone in their right mind think a 10% Wool Scarf drop rate from a 864k hp miniboss is worth the time, or the 0.5% OCA? The Underwater City update doesn't exist yet, so why is this change in?

You could have made a RO server 10 years ago with 0.5x rates and there probably would have been people willing to play. But this isn't 10 years ago. I understand the desire to create a conservative server, but I actually feel like my hairline is receding when I continue to play this server and read patchnotes as they come out.

• BanriYO and Tesdey like this

#33 Siobhan

Siobhan

my live is potato

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Location- Underneath the earth like a wild potato

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:55 AM

Doing 151+ Eden quests are definitely possible to solo, slow but possible. Like Psor said, you can't solo everything but there are some easy ones you can finish with the right gears.

For example, the first floor of Bifrost Tower - get some Water armor, a Penomena carded shield and a Raydric carded garment and you should be fine. Take it slow and try not to aggro every monsters on the map.

Same thing in the second floor of Bifrost Tower - get a Wind armor and a Marse carded (30% resistance to Water property) garment, switch between Marse and Raydric, if you're not facing those blue lichterns then switch to Raydric.

Fire Basin - Easy place for mages to solo, a nightmare for others cause of those Fulbuks roaming around. Seriously, these things can get raped by a pack of nigg-.. Uhh, I meant upstanding black citizens for all I care.

Verus Central Square - One of the easiest place to solo, same thing as Bifrost - Penomena and Raydric cards, Wind armor or wind element resist potion if you don't have wind armor cause screw those Dokebis.

I can list some more but it's 6am and I'm going back to sleep~

Last thing, though, you don't need all that new and fancy stuff like Temporal Boots with full enchants to do all those things I listed.
I don't even have Variant Shoes or Nydhoggr's Garb. I'm using a frigging Tidal Shoes + Wool Scarf combo. :<

#34 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:04 AM

I can't really quote and reply to every single thing at this point but I'm going to adress a few:

1. Leveling being too hard.

I don't really get this one, most of servers out there don't even have all those new maps we've added, with their respective Eden Quests AND have renewal exp penalty enabled. So, how come people were able to level faster when there's literally no mobs past level 150? Another point is that our MvPs while being a bit harder (no need to exaggerate here, most are more or less the same), give A LOT more EXP, both base and job. So how come people were able to level faster with endgame mobs being Lichterns (which would be giving 10% of their original exp at level 160 or so with the penalty enabled) and most of MvPs giving base EXP in the 50-200k range?

All the old ways to level are there, except that the EXP penalty is removed, for those that dislike the new content.

2. P2W accusations.

This is rather insulting to be honest. We specifically kept everything that has an actual impact on the game's balance out of it.

There are no heroic backpacks, no immune shields, no cat ear berets, no lakumas, no bloody branches, no bubblegums, no convex mirrors, no giant flywings, no siegfried tokens, no kafra cards, no safe refine tickets, no shadow sets, etc.

I do agree with making cash points more accessible, which was done to a big extent by making them tradable, adding them to castle chests, they're also given out during events.
I'd like to hear of more reasonable ways to give them out.

3. Monster's MATK

While it's true that it's a bit higher than intended (around 10-15% or so), this is how monster's MATK works in renewal, the update is pretty close but it won't sudenly make you take no damage, you will still need to prepare accordingly, 0 vit glass cannon builds probably aren't a good idea if you can't avoid getting hit by spells and don't plan to use elemental armors.
I've tested Eden leveling on a local copy of Leika, on a battle priest, no less, which is probably the worst possible job and build to solo with, and had no issues with a mere 40-50 base vit and Eden gear. Certain low level monsters perhaps deal a bit too much damage but it's still easily manageable if you aren't running around with 0 vit, trying to facetank everything.
Also, I'd like someone to compile a list of those problematic low level mobs so they can be dealt with.

4. Unrelated or untrue things.

It seems like at this point this whole issue turned into a vicious cycle of complaining and completely unrelated or simple untrue stuff gets pulled in, let's keep this civil, shall we?
I feel like some people are using this uproar as an opportunity to push their personal agendas, complaining about things that simply have nothing to do with Leika's changes but rather the base game.

It also seems like there's a lot suggestions lost in walls of text, I can't really fix things while trying to read all of this, so I'd like to have them organized so they can be properly dealt with.

Post them here.

#35 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:12 PM

1. Leveling being too hard.

I don't really get this one, most of servers out there don't even have all those new maps we've added, with their respective Eden Quests AND have renewal exp penalty enabled. So, how come people were able to level faster when there's literally no mobs past level 150? Another point is that our MvPs while being a bit harder (no need to exaggerate here, most are more or less the same), give A LOT more EXP, both base and job. So how come people were able to level faster with endgame mobs being Lichterns (which would be giving 10% of their original exp at level 160 or so with the penalty enabled) and most of MvPs giving base EXP in the 50-200k range?

All the old ways to level are there, except that the EXP penalty is removed, for those that dislike the new content.

Two reasons:

>soloable MvPs - the best exp source isn't as easy at it was and people refuse to git gud or organize parties (and tbh I'm not surprised, randumb parties often were disaster, but this brings us again to the "git gud" soution)

>repeatable quest boards - ironically they kill parties. I've already discussed this with you. It's not worth staying in one exp spot with a party for extended period of time because doing those repeatable quests is much more profitable. On servers with no new content and new boards people farm scarabas or other shit in parties all the time because there's simply no better option when most MvPs are camped by solo rangers and suras.

I told you about both how quest boards should have monsters that are rare on unused maps and how best mobable spots should be left for parties, and the share (or rather lack of it) system which basically forces people to organize big parties if they want the biggest profit. But the second thing, as you noticed, can require some changes in MvP exp if you don't want to make exp gap between MvPs and other options even bigger. Still I'm not sure if it'd be issue with MvPs not being that easy anymore.

People will always pick the most efficient method, and if it's unavaible to them, they'll bitch instead of taking the less efficient one and actually moving forward by a bit. If you want all methods being used, you need to make them roughly the same when it comes to profit.

Also funny thing is that apparently lot of people bitch about lack of parties, but if there's so many people wanting parties, why there're none? It's like people just sit back and wait for others to organize parties for them. How hard is typing /organize asdfasfaszxc and throwing few recruitment announces on main, which should give you lot of responses if there really is so many "thirsty-for-parties" players.

#36 Shale

Shale

Chonchon

• Player
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:18 AM

Once the face of the server is clear of it's blemishes, there will be more people that want to socialize! Hopefully this new StopBeingAnIdiot rule that was posted on the forum will bring down the level of Internet-Testosterone. If that happens, people like me will be more inclined to be social, which will likely lead to more partying.

Other than that, the server has most of the amenities that everyone needs, you just have to capitalize on them and stop being a wall flower. Plenty of people want to party, so there should be plenty of people partying.

#37 Byte

Byte

Puppetmaster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:43 AM

I have a bunch of stuff to address every concern here in the works. Hold tight while I cook it up.

#38 Sky

Sky

Nero

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationThe Grande Theatre

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:31 PM

As far as party recruiting goes, there's a booking party feature in game that allows you to search for a party and advertise your party but no one seems to know of it's existence.  Perhaps maybe promoting this feature might help a little bit...  /hmm

#39 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

shouting at main is easier, but its getting flooded by gio's text and pleasures 

#40 NiHZ

NiHZ

Allons-y!

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:37 PM

As far as party recruiting goes, there's a booking party feature in game that allows you to search for a party and advertise your party but no one seems to know of it's existence.  Perhaps maybe promoting this feature might help a little bit...  /hmm

I'm happy to announce party searches at the moment, too. Just putting it out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users