• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1041 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:18 PM

Fix the damn monster mAtk thing already. It has been a work-in-progress since I joined this server, or so I am led to believe, and it has yet to be properly addressed in any of your updates. Come on already.

It's a monumental work that involves manually merging latest Hercules with our stuff, Rikter's been extremely busy lately and that's why.
However, as I mentioned before, it won't make you suddenly take no damage, maybe 10-20% less at most, you will still need reductions and elemental armors.
I still need this list of the low level mobs that are too problematic for their level range so I can manually adjust them, this can be done and applied very quickly as long as I know what's exactly causing issues during the pre 100 leveling phase, which seems to be the main concern.

Also, hows about making player-crafted 1-10 foods persist through death, making the tedious task of crafting them worthwhile. It would open up a market portion for them, and yes I know your bottom line may take a hit if anyone is actually buying +10 foods out of the cash shop for some reason, and give back that little more something-to-do during downtime in the game. I've already heard the argument that some people already do craft or buy(mostly buy) these foods and refuse to play without them, but I believe that to either be either untrue, or a very, very small portion of the already small population.

Can be done.

As for a general suggestion, how about moderating the belligerance in main-chat every now and then? It's mostly just annoying, but when the offensive shit and general jack-assery gets rolling, the community as a whole seems like a bunch of pre-pubescent idiot children trying to prove that they are amongst the quasi-witty razor edged 4-chan chest beaters that need to grunt and pelvic thrust, in or out of unison, in some sort of hive-minded, mutual idiocy that you normally wouldn't expect admins to join in on. The server itself is a bit above average, I would say, from the custom touches to MVP behavior/stats, to the mostly stable hosting. However, the most vocal people in your chat drag what is supposed to be a community-based game/experience straight down to the level of a Disney child-star after they've turned 18. It's a downright shame, and could be(see: mosty likely be) what is hemming the population growth. Let the overbearing, unnecessary taunting and dumb shit go on during moments of competetion, if only in the spirit of competetion, during WOE. Otherwise, regulate.

Hmm, I try to keep it in line when I'm monitoring but I guess we need a new rule, going to write one.

#22 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

@PesseJinkman

You seem to not understand what suggestion is.

suggestion

: an idea about what someone should do or how someone should behave

: something that is said in an indirect way

: an action, quality, appearance, etc., that seems to indicate the presence or existence of something

an idea about what someone should do <-- this is the shit you should look at. Suggestion is what exactly should one should do. Your posts did not have any suggestions. You were just bitching in your posts.

For example suggestion regarding rings would be:

"remove those rings from cash shop and replace them with some coupons that can be turned in to NPC for cash point refund. They need to be removed becaue they basically allow to have 3 accessory cards in WoE (for example smokie + double alligators)"

What is not suggestion:

"those rings are OP, do something"

What you did was not the suggestion.

The only rightful complaint you can have regarding this post deletion is that Terp didn't fix whole thread. Not every post here is suggestion.

@JustHateMe

How do you die to Swordfishes at lvl100+? I've already said that first 100 lvls are so fast you most likely won't stay in the farming spot long enough to get any low drop gear, and that Terp already agreed to nerf low lvl monsters because it's reasonable, just needs list of problematic low lvl monsters. But nobody bothers to actually make such list, everyone are just waiting on their asses. And I won't do it because I have no problem with current MAtk. If you want something, it's your duty to make a move, no one will be guessing what you want, you little princess. I farmed all the cards on a sorc, not on a prof, sage or mage.

You don't have to sell donuts to get cash. There're good cash farming spots that don't require ele reducts gears. For example Juperos. You're just too lazy to farm, face it. Or you don't have will or time to do so, yet delude yourself shit should be granted for you for basically nothing.

@thread

PvM

>if monsters/MvPs have any custom skills except kaupe, remove them. For the sake of DB consistency. The exception to this rule are those new monsters in new places that have completly no skills/drop/whatever (so shit like Verus, Fire Basin etc iirc). If something isn't custom, please post sources it's official/it was bugged before.

>change those high lvl custom eden quests to require to kill rare monsters on unused maps. This will make them profitable mostly for soloing players because they tp around the map anyway. Mobable places leave for parties

>remove exp penalty in parties entirely (with eventual MvP exp nerf) or change it to static penaty/player. For example 5% per next player. This will make solo players get 100%, 2 player-pt will get 95%, 3 player-pt will get 90% etc until full party will get 40-45% exp. Tbh I'd try to adjust it to make full party get  exactly 50% exp. If amount of exp for solo board questing and mobbing parties will be similar, both playstyles will be viable.

PvP

>introduce 2 types of badges in BG: mats bages and reward badges. Mats badges would be used to get pots and other stuff usable only in BG, reward badges would work the same way as now. This allows players to not waste mats on BG and not having to worry about mats encourages usage of them, and when people use pots, EDP, cobwebs, gems, traps and other stuff, battle is much more fun.

>when you'll have some extra time or something, add new modes like CTF, VIP assassination or King of the Hill. If you want conquest, at least use different map, no point in copying WoE in BG

WoE

>backpedal to pre-re playstyle. This includes some formulas changes like allowing magical or physical immunity with godly refined, def/mdef oriented gears (which means it requires lot of work and you can't have immunity/high reduction to everything), and WoE reductions manipulated to make everything except GFist (which is easy to hide-evade) outpottable unless target is debuffed, attacker is buffed or there's concentration of fire. This strongly promoted teamwork.

General

>Remove Gyges Ring and maybe Ring of Recovery from cash shop and give back those players who bought them CP.

Edited by Psor, 16 March 2015 - 08:55 PM.

#23 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:53 AM

If you guys are talking about the hat that gives demi human resist and elem resist with the accessory combo being op then you probably need to uninstall the game. All i can say is Earth Strain. Game over.

#24 Salad

Salad

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:58 AM

First of all, thanks for the @main chat rule today. It really improves the tone of the server as a whole. This post ended up super long, and the forums keeps thinking I'm Neryth mid-post so formatting disappeared, I'm sorry.

PvM:

Implement existing server content as custom drops and quests. There is a massive and ever-growing amount of headgears obtainable by Kawaii Coins which is nice and all, but it takes away from actual PvM. A quick look through the npc shows a lot of the headgears have links to existing monsters already you can use.

Examples of the obvious:

Deviling Hat - Drops from Deviling (1582)
    Wild Rose Hat - Drops from Wild Rose (1261)
    Duneyrr Helm - Drops from Duneyrr (2018)
    Sleeper Hat - Drops from Sleeper (1386)

Examples of the less obvious:

Baby Dragon Hat - Drops from Novus, or Draco, or the Eggs. There's a lot of other Dragon themed headgears that have no stats, 3 of the 4 Dragon Cintamani ones correspond to Ferus/Acidus for example.
    Bird Nest Hat - Drops from Leshji (1880)
    Fish Head Hat - Drops from Swordfish (1069)

Preferably hats with actual stats/some sort of niche use would drop through monsters. It feels like the Prontera Princess has a lot of hats that need over-refines to really do anything, which feels awful given you need to cough up the Kawaii Coins in the first place. Maybe Champion mobs can drop hats with more use/stats, like Furious Sedora (2669) dropping Shark Hat. The server starts feeling cash-shoppy even if that isn't the intention when the majority of custom content is only feasibly accessible through donation, especially since Headgears from Kawaii Coins, even over-refined are outclassed by Cash Shop stuff, especially since costumes are a thing, so it's not a matter of balancing aesthetics with utility for players that are into that. You can introduce more ways of obtaining Cash Points in game other than through donation, but that will always feel more like a bandaid fix than actual playable content.

Please be reasonable with drop rates, as in don't make everything .1% regardless of how useful the hat is.

Gear/Build/Playstyle Diversity: If the goal is to support playstyles that are less common, it feels poopy to know that the headgears bringing up these skills closer to the primary builds seem to be cash shop only. (Trap Ranger, Combo Sura, etc.) A quest/drops for the respective class would be awesome, seeing as how these seem to have over-refine bonuses (why does everything in Renewal work like this).

***This is going to be controversial, but you will see players using a much wider variety of gear and setups if drop rates are increased for gear/cards. A flat server rates increase would be a nightmare because LeikaRO seems to be super scared of zeny being accumulated, but it's probably pretty obvious by now that it's happening anyways. Since Leika coins are worth so much both in zeny and use, players are grinding select maps purely for zeny to buy Leika coins because hunting for rares that are worse than Cash Shop items feels like a waste of time. Example: Increasing the rate of oudated gear like Mufflers from Sohees so a player has the choice of reasonably getting an overrefined Muffler for whatever card combo, and increasing lower level card drop rates in the spirit of removing the official Anti-Inflation patch. (Should Poring cards really be .1%? Pls no .1% low level status cards...) Elemental armor cards being .1% is only really understandable if the cash shop didn't have much better elemental armors... Or at least implement Unslotted Elemental armors like the ones Pori Pori drops to monsters/champion mobs to give melee classes a quick way to tank. The elemental cards would only be better than the cash shop armors if they're slotted into high-end MvP gear for PvP/WoE. My impression of this server right now is that players are either grinding Mora coins or zeny for Leika coins because those are some of the only guaranteed payoffs, unless you have a geared party/guild that can farm higher level instances which don't rely on low drop rates for suboptimal gear.***

PvP:

I agree with BanriYO's post on this subject. PvP has always my main reason to play a server pre-renewal, but it's simply too early for LeikaRO to worry about pushing for it. Seeing as how PvM and gear progression can sometimes feel like it gets harder each patch it's not really reasonable to expect much PvP activity when most of players' efforts is on gearing their characters for PvM. The biggest thing you could probably do right now is to change the PvP rooms, especially the first two. I'd personally prefer at least Izlude. Another is to disable Cash Shop Scrolls/Consumables in PvP. Trying to make bandaid PvP rewards tends to create incredibly shitty situations where players only go in to farm rewards, and there's already enough of that in BGs. Speaking of which...

I was able to tolerate the drop rates on this server more in terms for PvP when I was under the impression that Battlegrounds and KvM gear wasn't implemented on this server. IS Glorious stuff implemented here? The drops are low enough on this server that getting even a decent hydra carded weapon is an accomplishment in itself, I'd be kind of surprised if people even bother given that Glorious and BG equipment outclasses a lot of them at safe refine. I'm not saying getting some PvP gear ready is impossible, I'm just saying it'd be shitty if you could farm BGs with a guild until you have the gear since it'd be redundant to gear if BG stuff is better anyways. If removing BG gear is out of the question, then there's more reason to look into raising or customizing drop rates to be higher for lesser-tier equipment, seeing as how this server has done work on the +10~20 refine system.

WoE: I think this will develop naturally like PvP once the server gets more lively and players feel more of a reason to play/continue to play here.

General:
The server is generally good at this but server tackiness isn't only limited to Naruto headbands and eye-bleeding wings and customs. The Prontera Mission Board is one of the first customs a new player will see and certain ones especially can be seen as just tacky and tasteless, like "Bifrost Field Holocaust" and "Umbala Dungeon Ethnic Cleansing". You see it pop up every time you gain a count on the quests so it's not a one-time thing. I don't think everyone is making a super angry RMS review after seeing the word "Holocaust" but having that in the server isn't adding anything positive, and could be driving away potential players. Freedom of speech and all, but like the @main chat rule today I don't see what is being accomplished by being edgy in server content.

Edited by Salad, 17 March 2015 - 05:03 AM.

#25 Susurro

Susurro

Chonchon

• Player
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

Without quoting everything that Salad said, since that would make this reply unneccesarily long.

Please do not add kafra shop hats as monster drops, what? Simple solution to your kawaii coin problem would be getting more players in the long run. Adding all those hats to simply be farmed is ridiculous.
Which brings me to the next point, low droprates? What?
You can spend 30 mins to a few hours farming and your desired card will drop. Don't want to spend that little time? High chance someone will sell that card, if you ask around.

But agree, there is absolutely no point in old drops like mufflers, I always end up npcing them.
Maybe those standard items can be replaced with their upgraded versions, or add some sort of npc to make them upgraded.

I also agree on pvp however, the focus should be on increasing population. Many problems will sort themselves out that way.

Furthermore I also raised an eyebrow upon first seeing prontera board quest names. First priority for me would be a questboard that works in partyshare though.

#26 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1041 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:24 PM

I spent most of today retesting most of mobs and all MvPs and adjusting values.

Many adjustments were made, but to make it short:

Monsters in the 1-110 level range had their spell levels greatly reduced.

All MvPs were adjusted to be more manageable, kaupe removed as well, so enjoy portal cheesing.

#27 Corwin

Corwin

Chonchon

• Player
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:46 AM

I spent most of today retesting most of mobs and all MvPs and adjusting values.

Many adjustments were made, but to make it short:

Monsters in the 1-110 level range had their spell levels greatly reduced.

All MvPs were adjusted to be more manageable, kaupe removed as well, so enjoy portal cheesing.

I'm upset

#28 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1041 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:43 AM

Don't worry though, our new content will remain challenging and endgame MvPs aren't exactly a cakewalk even now.

#29 Salad

Salad

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:36 PM

@Selphie,

I suggested Kafra Shop/Prontera Princess hats as monster drops because most of the custom content on the server are limited to them right now. It's all good if newer updates continue to add more custom drops to monsters that sorely need it (like the Glove of Sura atm?), I just figured it would be easier to use existing custom content on the server for them too. I'm not really familiar enough with Renewal to know how dumb the Job-specific and other Cash Shop items gets so that's my bad. I totally forgot about Lockboxes though. I think when they got put in (and completely destroyed iRO classic) they could at least be forced open for far less profit or exchanged for keys?

Having some sort of npc exchange old gear for the Improved version would be nice, it feels really bad to get a .5% or lower Muffler or something drop because it's useless but yet actually kind of rare.

I checked spawns of cards I was thinking of and it looks like Renewal drastically improved the spawns. Personally I think raising drop rates of cards slightly would have curbed a lot of PvM complaints because it'd be more reasonable to see people geared up and adapt. It would have been a lot less work for the LeikaRO team, but seeing as how Terpsichore spent the entire day sorting through and adjusting a massive amount of content, rates aren't neccessary. Is everything going to have to get re-adjusted again after the MATK stuff gets fixed? It's reassuring to see this level of dedication, that's a lot of work ...

Noticed the change in the Mission Board names earlier. Appreciate the quick response and I died by the time I got to "Bifrost Field Good Old Farming". This combined with the @main rule actually makes it a lot easier to invite people to the server. Thank you.

• fellmir likes this

#30 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1041 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:21 PM

Is everything going to have to get re-adjusted again after the MATK stuff gets fixed?

Yeah.

#31 Lyka

Lyka

Uwa~

• Player
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

Eclage field is shit and it's due to how it was made, not anything server side. Can't get around it except by replacing the map with one of those grf mods that turn everything into coloured tiles.

#32 Brulikrax

Brulikrax

Chonchon

• Player
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:35 PM

"Monsters in the 1-110 level range had their spell levels greatly reduced." - why did you do it?! There was no point in it,

at least for me that is. The best choice, in my opinion, is to promote party play and not  the change of monster abilities/strength.

They are quite o.k. right now - hard and frustrating for soloing action, especially when playing mages or blacksmiths

(these 2 are the hardest to play with from my point of view).

#33 Salad

Salad

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:52 AM

"Monsters in the 1-110 level range had their spell levels greatly reduced." - why did you do it?! There was no point in it,

at least for me that is. The best choice, in my opinion, is to promote party play and not  the change of monster abilities/strength.

They are quite o.k. right now - hard and frustrating for soloing action, especially when playing mages or blacksmiths

(these 2 are the hardest to play with from my point of view).

Monsters die so fast 1-110 that solo-ing with eden quipment is super easy regardless. My first 3rd class character was a Mechanic here and I did it ~2 months ago with the old magic levels fine with eden equipment and Meats. Blacksmiths actually level super fast with how good their buffs are in Renewal. If your issue is that you don't want to use zeny to Mammonite, Cart Revolution is nuts now with a full cart - mobbing Orc Dungeon 1/2 even as a 9x blacksmith is always an option. I'm not a mage class person so I can't comment on mages, but the changes really don't affect party play at those levels at all. If anything it's better if you wanted to party with people because wizards won't explode from one random Heaven's Drive while casting.

The only negative downside of the changes is that it was time consuming to do so (again, thanks for putting so much care into this) and that it feels a little weird to get hit by a dinky 2 hit bolt or something. After the MATK fix is in this will no longer be a problem when skill levels are reverted though, and it's just a minor aesthetics thing.

@Elusive monsters, For whatever reason it does feel like they are cloaked almost all the time, at least two weeks ago. I'm not sure if the AI has been changed now to be less frequent, and it could just feel like a sneak attack because you're likely to mob on those maps to begin with. Once auras or something else differentiates champion mobs it'll be more obvious. I think the cloaking is annoying in a hilarious way, the only issue is that they seem to position lag often when cloaked for me. Not a problem with a detecting skill but it was kind of awkward trying to aim Counter Attack on a Rune Knight. (I didn't know Dragon Breath ignores flee ok)

Edited by Salad, 19 March 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#34 sorex

sorex

Chonchon

• Player
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

Hi, 

General -

I'd really like to see HD ores implemented (elu, ori) in the vote/cash shop. I'm suggesting this because I think gaining end-game gear is grindy enough as is (including but not limited to pvp gear). While i appreciate that end-game gear is SUPPOSED to be difficult to attain and risky to upgrade, I think that upgrading from+4 to +10 in order to be able to use HD bradium/carniums is a little too risky (using enriched ores to +7, and WS jlvl 70 upgrades after, statistics show you would need 172 copies of this item to get to +10). Especially now with the change where using HD bradiums/carniums at +10 can fail and knock you back down to +8 or something similar. I think that for this removal of the +10 safezone change to be warranted, there should be compensation in the form of safe refines from HD elu/oris. I appreciate that the server is trying to make the game more difficult and therefore more rewarding, but i feel that with the current implementations, the game is a little too difficult, which could (hopefully not) lead to playerbase loss.

I thusly understand the concerns of game inbalance due to highly overupgraded weapons being too easily attained. However, it is important to also note that there IS still a significant element of risk involved in upgrading an item to +7 from +4, which would discourage players from upgrading their rare/incredibly grindy items.

Good luck to Leika

-sorex

• fellmir likes this

#35 Brulikrax

Brulikrax

Chonchon

• Player
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:35 PM

Hello, it seems I'll have to write short, so that it's understood by all with no misinterpretations.

MvP: All I can say is that mini bosses are harder to solo and MvPs - impossible with no special gear. Don't get me wrong,

I do not complain, I'm just saying. "Why does he spell nonsense?" you may ask/say. Well, it's rather simple and I've been

showing/telling to all of you from the launch of Leika, but most of you seem not to acknowledge it as a factor to our problems,

especially the recent drop of population:

- first, there is a huge number of maxed rangers (understandable but not needed); 

- second, the lvl up system is made for single player ONLY with no way of becoming either rich or powerful and if a player
  does not have a lot of free time, that player may leave the server after 3 days because of this. Three days are enough to gain
  a good understanding what awaits them around levels 110 to 149; 
- third, the community may be called friendly, but in fact most are absent (AFK) or rudely denying help to those in need,
  because "it's easy to do and anyone can do it" they say.

PvP/Woe: I'm sorry, but I don't like these modes, especialy in MMORPGs.

General: For once i would like to see people actually help others as intended by the creators of the gameworld. Buffing the
monsters does not help but makes things easy or impossible. As many suggested to nerf down the ranger class may actually
prove to be good. Make travel to cost money with a reasonable progression (according the level of the fields around the
city/safe zone/dungeon). For example if I want to visit Rachel, I should pay something like 40~80k to warper in Prontera or
use the official, unchanged, ways of travel (Kafra, Airship, Train, Boat). 

There is more, but this seems to be more important atm.

#36 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:41 PM

MvPs were solved days ago. We enjoyed a top tier MvP with about 4 players yesterday, although some are also soloable.

Staff are unable to be blamed for the community. If somebody is abusive to you, report them. Until you report abusive behaviour, you are the one enabling them to be abusive, by letting them get away with it. If they are not abusive and just rude, then you have not made a complaint about the server, you have made a complaint about somebody who plays on the server.

Most buffs were removed from MvPs if I'm not mistaken.

"For once i would like to see people actually help others as intended by the creators of the gameworld." - This is not a suggestion to the server. It is however a suggestion to the people who play on the server. It isn't something staff can help you with though. People help all the time actually. I've been constantly in PMs with new players.

#37 Brulikrax

Brulikrax

Chonchon

• Player
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:28 PM

Are you 100% shure about this ""For once i would like to see people actually help others as intended by the creators of the gameworld." - This is not a suggestion to the server. It is however a suggestion to the people who play on the server. It isn't something staff can help you with though. People help all the time actually. I've been constantly in PMs with new players. "? Scias, it may sound like a statement meant for the players, but has a lot more in it than you think. I just didn't want to write a novel, be smart and think. That is all.

#38 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

but has a lot more in it than you think.

Such as? The suggestion is still being waited for.

#39 Siobhan

Siobhan

my live is potato

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Location- Underneath the earth like a wild potato

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:21 AM

PvM :

- Allow the use of Fly Wings and Teleport on certain maps like Fire Basin, 1st and 2nd floor of Nightmare Clock Tower.

PvP :

- Maybe a BG happy hour where rewards are doubled.

General :

- Update the main website, I meant the "Guild of the Month" section or whatever. Currently there are no guild emblems displayed.

#40 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1041 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:40 AM

PvM :

- Allow the use of Fly Wings and Teleport on certain maps like Fire Basin, 1st and 2nd floor of Nightmare Clock Tower.

Hmm, not really fond of this idea since it would kinda defeat the purpose of those new maps and turn them into arrow storm fly wing zones.

We had teleport enabled in NM GH at the start and it resulted in a bunch of 175/60 characters during the first week since you could effortlessly AS+FW there and leech other characters.

PvP :

- Maybe a BG happy hour where rewards are doubled.

This needs some brainstorming, from my own experience, all it does is stop people from running BGs unless it's happy hour.

General :

- Update the main website, I meant the "Guild of the Month" section or whatever. Currently there are no guild emblems displayed.

Yeah, there's a bunch of things we need to improve and fix regarding the site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users