• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Shale

Shale

Chonchon

• Player
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:15 AM

Hm. I just read what that guy said about the items in the cash shop needing to be overupgraded, and frankly, I have to agree. PArtially.

The cash shop items should have some sort of prestige value to them, but needing to +9 them when there is nothing to prevent you from flushing 6 dollars down the drain is kind of like injecting someone with a poison and then selling them an antidote that only has a chance to cure it - That poison being the complete and undissolving need to be/do better, in this game.

I don't think, however, that making the non-break ores available would cure this ail without consequences. That would truly make it a PayToWin cycle. No, I think there are two ways to hit a problem like that.

1. Make these headgears farmable. Have them drop from the more elusive and difficult mobs in the game. This would leave a window open for those who just HAVE to have that +9 Rideword Hat for the recovery property, but would also make them work for it.

2. Add the ores to prevent breaking, but make them a trial to get. Make it arduous and limited, perhaps requiring a small party to complete, like Misty Forest- 24 to 62 hour intervals. Make it so that failing a refine does not destroy the item, but has a chance to reduce the current refine rate even more steeply than what is official. This way, people don't just blow their money and watch it explode trying to +9 it(-2 to -4 for example), and know they can try again in a few more days when they have enough of the hard-earned refinement material again. This way, you could add custom trials to the game, be they treasure hunts, dungeon delves, targeted hunts, puzzles/quizzes, gathering, or competition. There is a lot of room for improvisation, and a lot of room for *~*~refinement~*~* with this idea.       See what I did there?

Edited by Shale, 23 March 2015 - 02:17 AM.

#42 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:21 AM

I don't think many people spend lots of real money on something to +9 it unless they're eryx. People know the possible consequences of the risks of refining stuff and I sort of like it the way it is, keeps the pinoys under control and probably earns more budget for the server. This high risk mechanic does work well in my opinion. I do see your points though.

Given that the server has long term goals, some people might be around long enough to vote there way into some of that gear anyway.

Edited by Scias, 23 March 2015 - 02:23 AM.

#43 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:23 AM

Hmm, the easiest and simpliest solution would be to simply make leika coins available from more sources, need to think of good ways to do it.

I've been adding some new loot to in-game sources that's pretty awesome and there's a whole lot more to come (vesper gears, underwater city related stuff, etc) all of which is pretty powerful.

#44 Aina

Aina

In Loliland

• Player
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:15 AM

Hmm, the easiest and simpliest solution would be to simply make leika coins available from more sources, need to think of good ways to do it.

What about making it as a reward for PvP in a semanal ranking? I don't have any idea of the amount, but people always complain about both things, PvP being ded and more ways to get Leika Coins.

And for safety of people don't Free Killing each other/alts some system: only lvl 175 characters and 1 character per account, or something that.

Could be done with PvP envoirment as a ranking... the points could be for all the account and not only character locked, and some way to give points for assistance so support characters like Performers and AB could earn it as well, making it party focused so no random Sura GoHing people.

I don't know if it would work, I don't even know if its possible, just thowring the idea. I'm not a pvp player myself but maybe a weekly pvp ladder with leika coins as reward could make it a little more lively/attractive?

Edited by Aina, 23 March 2015 - 06:24 AM.

#45 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

What about making it as a reward for PvP in a semanal ranking? I don't have any idea of the amount, but people always complain about both things, PvP being ded and more ways to get Leika Coins.

And for safety of people don't Free Killing each other/alts some system: only lvl 175 characters and 1 character per account, or something that.

Could be done with PvP envoirment as a ranking... the points could be for all the account and not only character locked, and some way to give points for assistance so support characters like Performers and AB could earn it as well, making it party focused so no random Sura GoHing people.

I don't know if it would work, I don't even know if its possible, just thowring the idea. I'm not a pvp player myself but maybe a weekly pvp ladder with leika coins as reward could make it a little more lively/attractive?

I'd have to disagree on that, PvP is mainly 1v1 or free for all environment, "who has the more support buffs" is also discouraged and either way its impossible to factor in a supporting class into its ranking. Limiting rewards to a specific level also stunts extended classes and other people who havent maxed out yet. You can't properly moderate something like PvP rewards without there being a way to exploit it.

Also note that it's not as simple as "random Sura GOHing people". 

#46 Susurro

Susurro

Chonchon

• Player
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:11 PM

General

·         Put back the warp from Alberta Island into Sunken Ship, it’s ridiculous.

·         Make the portal to Biolabs 4 a real portal instead of a weird chat popup.

·         Often end up in a very annoying hitlock, despite /noctrl being off, when you missclick on a giant mvp and end up attacking it a few times.

·         A teleport into Amatsu dungeon 2 would be nice. You would be able to go into level 1 then, or choose to be on level 2 or 3 without having to run the disgusting maze.

·         Is MDEF relevant anymore? I have quite some MDEF but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Basically seems like it’s Elemental armor or bust.

·         Reduce the cooldowns of several instances , to max 16 hours or something. When the golden opportunity arrives with 15 people online in guild for once, but I am saved to most instances, it is such a waste.

·         Costumed stuff should be able to be traded, just frustrating to make them character bound.

·         EXP manuals should be extended, 15 minutes is not worth it at all.

·         Is party share on Prontera board fixed and working now?

·         Endless Cellar

·         Unnerf Silverlockbox race armors

·         Add ways to obtain bloody branches, quests or items, rare monster drop f.e.

·         Make the spring rabbit pet the same color as Eclipse

·         Stop Stealth buffing/nerfing stuff

Outside the game

·         We could use another event GM and a Community GM

·         There is a lot of information either custom to the server, or new that just cannot be found anywhere, except maybe in some alien language. It would be great if we could have a few dedicated Wiki fillers/writers. I am all for those people being rewarded for the amount of work they put in as well.

·         Communication is key, and it would be nice to know about which things are being worked on, before reading them on the patch notes. It would be nice to know about what updates are coming. It would be nice to have an “server direction” update every week or so. It would be nice to know when the admin is expected back. It would be nice to know what the short and long term goals of the server are, and what strategies are being put in place to reach those. Nice, not necessary, but pretty important.

Blacksmith

·         Enable the skill “Greed” in towns, in fact, everywhere.

·         Vending and buying store enabled everywhere, except Prontera I guess

Priest

·         Enable /memo in all Maps and towns, apart from Dungeons or Maps with MVP/Minibosses

Ranger

·         Revert Camouflage changes, Rangers are glass canons, with little (no) means to defend themselves. Also being able to double strafe while staying in camouflage would be nice.

Sage

·         Make the skill ‘Hocus Pocus’ cost 1 less gem, so it will be 0 in gemstone song. Hocus Pocus only summons the weaker mvps anyways, and it’s still pretty hard to get the ‘class change’ skill at all.

Ninja/Gunslinger/Supernovice/Linker

·         Can they wear all the rebirth gear yet? Because they should be able to.

·         Blevel 175?

PVM

·         Add a visual effect to Bio3 / Bio4 minibosses please, like a little aura as they have in other server.

·         Why does Tendrillion drop 3 horns. By this logic Mammoth could drop a bunch of Hard skin as well :p

·         Give me some option to counterplay the prof /hwiz in bio3/4, all i can do now is tank and spam high heal. Let me silence them or make their cast interruptable at least.

·         Lord of Death does not have a tombstone, and neither do the bio3 and 4 mvp.

PVP

·         Why can people see me in camouflage, I feel like camouflage should just make people unable to see me, so rangers can get the jump. They are glass canon after all with (almost) no option to defend themselves that other squishies do have.

·         Masquarade is OP and never seems to fail

Edited by Selphie, 24 April 2015 - 12:13 PM.

#47 Salad

Salad

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:39 PM

Make the portal to Biolabs 4 a real portal instead of a weird chat popup.

As far as I know you have to go through a quest first to access bio 4 normally, there are also other areas that work like this officially (Juperos floor 2). The change is unnecessary.

Is MDEF relevant anymore? I have quite some MDEF but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Basically seems like it’s Elemental armor or bust.

MDEF was dumb pre-renewal, stacking MDEF against a mage class or magic heavy monsters made you invincible. MDEF still reduces chance and duration of Freeze/Stone Curse etc. http://irowiki.org/wiki/MDEF 30 MDEF in Renewal is 20% magic reduction, that is a lot considering how easily achievable it is - this server already gives bonus MDEF from garment/shoes.You've always needed elemental resistance equipment against harder hitting things. Stacking 100 MDEF and getting GTB effect along with freeze/stone curse immunity (this part is still possible) was dumb as shit, and would be achievable with 50 MDEF in Renewal rofl

There is a lot of information either custom to the server, or new that just cannot be found anywhere, except maybe in some alien language. It would be great if we could have a few dedicated Wiki fillers/writers. I am all for those people being rewarded for the amount of work they put in as well.

Agreed, I believe the wiki is still a skeleton copy of iROwiki. I would like to volunteer to help for this task. However, the server is also keeping an intentional level of secrecy ie lockbox contents etc. While this is frustrating especially as it pertains to cash shop access, it is also interesting and fresh to have a server where the players don't know everything. This only works if there is trust in the server and Terpsichore especially has put in a lot of time and effort to that end. We actually opened our first (silver) Lockbox the other day, this is the first server I've played that "Guaranteed to contain something great!" was actually accurate and reasonable. Access to keys from in-game content would still be more than welcome. (Zeny sink?)

Communication is key, and it would be nice to know about which things are being worked on, before reading them on the patch notes. It would be nice to know about what updates are coming. It would be nice to have an “server direction” update every week or so. It would be nice to know when the admin is expected back. It would be nice to know what the short and long term goals of the server are, and what strategies are being put in place to reach those. Nice, not necessary, but pretty important.

This has already been happening for a while, you are always welcome to ask them directly. "Coming soon" and "we're working on this" announcements is usually more harm than good because players feel entitled to it the next day, with no awareness of the developmental process. Personally I am really hoping the Test server and storage expansion comes soon though.

Ranger

Revert Camouflage changes, Rangers are glass canons, with little (no) means to defend themselves. Also being able to double strafe while staying in camouflage would be nice.

??????????????????????????????????????? Are you talking about the Camouflage that allows you to cast Arrow Storm and ctrl click while still stealthed? Camouflage in its current state is already dumb as shit and likely the reason so many mobs are adjusted to be deadly from long range. Camouflage as it is right now and Arrow Storm having no after-cast delay is something that shouldn't exist. You shouldn't be dying to non-demon/boss mobs with Arrow Storm, Camouflage, and a Hiding accessory. Try hotkeying Ankle Snare, and Charge Arrow/Phantasmic Arrow sometime. Charge Arrow was fixed here to actually be usable, it's pretty dumb actually with Arrow Storm having no aftercast. Warg Bite is also devastating if it succeeds. http://irowiki.org/wiki/Max_HP Ranger has more HP than 5 other classes and almost 1.5x more HP than a Warlock. This adds up to be a lot with VIT.

You can hide dodge their spells. The only thing I've noticed that "lacks counterplay" is the normal professor apparently instantcast Dispelling. That seems a little over the top.

Sage

·         Make the skill ‘Hocus Pocus’ cost 1 less gem, so it will be 0 in gemstone song. Hocus Pocus only summons the weaker mvps anyways, and it’s still pretty hard to get the ‘class change’ skill at all.

Yellow Gemstones are 100% drop chance from monsters and you can even buy them quickly in the Tool Dealer.

·         Give me some option to counterplay the prof /hwiz in bio3/4, all i can do now is tank and spam high heal. Let me silence them or make their cast interruptable at least.

You can Hide dodge their skills. The only thing I can see that is problematic is the normal professor instant cast Dispelling, from what I can remember. That seems a little over the top.

·         Lord of Death does not have a tombstone, and neither do the bio3 and 4 mvp.

These MvPs don't spawn naturally, they spawn using a unique script and thus aren't normal MvPs. If you spend some time at some of them you will notice something about the maps also...

·         Why can people see me in camouflage, I feel like camouflage should just make people unable to see me, so rangers can get the jump. They are glass canon after all with (almost) no option to defend themselves that other squishies do have.

hahahahahahaha

Do you really want rangers to get access to a better Assassin Cross Eremes card...

If this happened expect Arrow Storm to be adjusted to do 4k damage. You might want to play a bow Shadow Chaser instead. Triangle Shot is insane here.

Edited by Salad, 24 April 2015 - 02:02 PM.

#48 Susurro

Susurro

Chonchon

• Player
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:02 PM

Make the portal to Biolabs 4 a real portal instead of a weird chat popup.

As far as I know you have to go through a quest first to access bio 4 normally, there are also other areas that work like this officially (Juperos floor 2). The change is unnecessary.

Try going there, this is not how it works.

Is MDEF relevant anymore? I have quite some MDEF but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Basically seems like it’s Elemental armor or bust.

MDEF was dumb pre-renewal, stacking MDEF against a mage class or magic heavy monsters made you invincible. MDEF still reduces chance and duration of Freeze/Stone Curse etc. http://irowiki.org/wiki/MDEF 30 MDEF in Renewal is 20% magic reduction, that is a lot considering how easily achievable it is - this server already gives bonus MDEF from garment/shoes.You've always needed elemental resistance equipment against harder hitting things. Stacking 100 MDEF and getting GTB effect along with freeze/stone curse immunity (this part is still possible) was dumb as shit, and would be achievable with 50 MDEF in Renewal rofl

I tried having a lot of mdef on my bishop, in fact I tried a lot of MDEF and reductions, and I didn't have a second to tab and put my ranger on the bio3 wiz, which means I had to spam high heal even with MDEF and reducts. I was just wondering if it's worth it, because the bio3 wiz is one that you can't switch armors against anymore. Cast is too fast and she casts every element, and frost diver. I can't silence her anymore, and if I do it last 0,5 seconds. In short, I think MDEF is shit now. 

Ranger

Revert Camouflage changes, Rangers are glass canons, with little (no) means to defend themselves. Also being able to double strafe while staying in camouflage would be nice.

??????????????????????????????????????? Are you talking about the Camouflage that allows you to cast Arrow Storm and ctrl click while still stealthed? Camouflage in its current state is already dumb as shit and likely the reason so many mobs are adjusted to be deadly from long range. Camouflage as it is right now and Arrow Storm having no after-cast delay is something that shouldn't exist. You shouldn't be dying to non-demon/boss mobs with Arrow Storm, Camouflage, and a Hiding accessory. Try hotkeying Ankle Snare, and Charge Arrow/Phantasmic Arrow sometime. Charge Arrow was fixed here to actually be usable, it's pretty dumb actually with Arrow Storm having no aftercast. Warg Bite is also devastating if it succeeds. http://irowiki.org/wiki/Max_HP Ranger has more HP than 5 other classes and almost 1.5x more HP than a Warlock. This adds up to be a lot with VIT.

When monsters oneshot me or instant CC me and then oneshot me, I feel like camouflage (as in no cooldown) is a welcome change. Especially since often it isn't even possible to camouflage when Sniper Cecil has me hitlocked or Something is charging a skill on me with almost instant cast. I did not mention arrow storm, I mentioned double strafe, because I remember several servers where you could cast everything from Camouflage. Arrow storm would be too much, but the much lesser used Double Strafe I feel would not. Mvps/mini bosses can see trough camou, and normal monsters would wing if they were being attacked with no target, so I can't think of any issue with that right now.

You can hide dodge their spells. The only thing I've noticed that "lacks counterplay" is the normal professor apparently instantcast Dispelling. That seems a little over the top.

You want me to hide dodge the bio3 wiz that casts sight, and casts spells near instantly? Or the sorc who casts earth spells and sight as well as dispelling? I wish I could, but I don't think I am on your level quite yet.

hahahahahahaha

Do you really want rangers to get access to a better Assassin Cross Eremes card...

If this happened expect Arrow Storm to be adjusted to do 4k damage. You might want to play a bow Shadow Chaser instead. Triangle Shot is insane here.

When I walk in pvp or woe and everything can easily kill me unless I hitlock or kill them first, it's kind of a dealbreaker. You would probably say I can hide dodge them killing me, so I can just die moments later as I unhide and now they are in melee range. Try fighting a runeknight who besides being unkillable if they brought enough pots, also deal crazy amounts of damage on even my Full reduction bishop. I am just trying to make things more balanced.

Thanks for your replies, I suck at doing quote things from my phone.

Edited by Selphie, 24 April 2015 - 02:04 PM.

#49 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:31 PM

General
·         Put back the warp from Alberta Island into Sunken Ship, it’s ridiculous.
·         Make the portal to Biolabs 4 a real portal instead of a weird chat popup.
·         Often end up in a very annoying hitlock, despite /noctrl being off, when you missclick on a giant mvp and end up attacking it a few times.
·         A teleport into Amatsu dungeon 2 would be nice. You would be able to go into level 1 then, or choose to be on level 2 or 3 without having to run the disgusting maze.
·         Is MDEF relevant anymore? I have quite some MDEF but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Basically seems like it’s Elemental armor or bust.
·         Reduce the cooldowns of several instances , to max 16 hours or something. When the golden opportunity arrives with 15 people online in guild for once, but I am saved to most instances, it is such a waste.
·         Costumed stuff should be able to be traded, just frustrating to make them character bound.
·         EXP manuals should be extended, 15 minutes is not worth it at all.
·         Is party share on Prontera board fixed and working now?
·         Endless Cellar
·         Unnerf Silverlockbox race armors
·         Add ways to obtain bloody branches, quests or items, rare monster drop f.e.
·         Make the spring rabbit pet the same color as Eclipse
·         Stop Stealth buffing/nerfing stuff

Outside the game
·         We could use another event GM and a Community GM
·         There is a lot of information either custom to the server, or new that just cannot be found anywhere, except maybe in some alien language. It would be great if we could have a few dedicated Wiki fillers/writers. I am all for those people being rewarded for the amount of work they put in as well.
·         Communication is key, and it would be nice to know about which things are being worked on, before reading them on the patch notes. It would be nice to know about what updates are coming. It would be nice to have an “server direction” update every week or so. It would be nice to know when the admin is expected back. It would be nice to know what the short and long term goals of the server are, and what strategies are being put in place to reach those. Nice, not necessary, but pretty important.

Blacksmith
·         Enable the skill “Greed” in towns, in fact, everywhere.
·         Vending and buying store enabled everywhere, except Prontera I guess

Priest
·         Enable /memo in all Maps and towns, apart from Dungeons or Maps with MVP/Minibosses

Ranger
·         Revert Camouflage changes, Rangers are glass canons, with little (no) means to defend themselves. Also being able to double strafe while staying in camouflage would be nice.

Sage

Ninja/Gunslinger/Supernovice/Linker
·         Can they wear all the rebirth gear yet? Because they should be able to.
·         Blevel 175?

PVM
·         Add a visual effect to Bio3 / Bio4 minibosses please, like a little aura as they have in other server.
·         Why does Tendrillion drop 3 horns. By this logic Mammoth could drop a bunch of Hard skin as well :p

PVP
·         Masquarade is OP and never seems to fail

Red - no

Blue - partially agree

Green - +1

Unedited - indifferent

No additional teleports. Maze isn't that hard anyway.

Yes, mdef is relevant. But yeah, renewal formula is shit in general. Increasing mdef per refine/mdef of gears is just moving a goalpost a bit, not actual solution to the problem.

No, cooldowns are needed, and even if you reduce them, 16 hours is retarded. More like 3-5 days for big instances with really valuable drops like ET, 1-2 days for small instances like Malangdo octopus or Sealed Baphomet.

Endless Cellar would be nice but rewards would have to be changes. It was abusable back on Cookie and we were able to get like ~100 Bloody Branches per run. Also it was so easy compared to regular bio maps nobody bothered to go to bio, maybe 2 guilds, including mine were hunting bio MvPs on original maps + some guy was cheesing it with tp-AS-ranger or tp-AD-geneticist.

Bloody Branches already drop from treasure chests irrc.

Memo is abusable as fuck when it comes to "warp cheesing MvPs" and maybe quests. You shouldn't be able to memo next to the portal, lure MvP on the next map to that portal and proceed to GFist > die > healer > warp > portal > GFist. Maps with MvPs + maps with portals to MvP maps should have memo disabled. Also some quest etc maps.

As it should be. Not every class should be able to do everything. If every class was the same there wouldn't be any sense in having multiple classes. Rangers are fine as they are. Besides camouflage gives you huge atk buff unless it's nerfed here.

No, extra MvPs shouldn't be free so no 1 gem for abra.

I'm not sure if really all the gears should be allowed for expanded classes. I think some tests would be needed to see what would be good, what would be OP. Also what would be difference between ranger and rebellion?

No for increased lvl caps. Lot of skills in renewal take lvl into dmg formula. By manipulating one thing you manipulate another. You can simply fuck up and have OP shit.

Get a party. Steel body already can tank everything except dispel and Celia is so slow you can kill her without even letting her come close. Also learn to SB tank chain, kill Celia slave etc. Bio is supposed to be one of the hardest places, don't make this game easier than it already is.

Once again, no camouflage buffs. It already makes you intargetable iirc, only AoEs can touch you when you're in camouflage.

Afaik masquarade can be countered by having high agi. As a AB you probably don't have much so it's obvious it'll land pretty often. Also it takes your current weight into formula. Having no agi and lot of stuff in your inventory makes you realy vulnerable. Besides chaser needs to come close to masq you. What chasers really need is Shadow Form nerf in form of 100% chance to break it with revealing skills and checking interval increased so much that SC won't be able to use it while being in range of Sight/Ruwach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users