Welcome to LeikaRO Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Server's Current Status and Future

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Byte

Byte

Puppetmaster

• Seraph
  • 270 posts

mesrql2.jpg

Some of you may have realized we've recently gone from a nice approximate 120-150 average pop and 160+ during WoE to a much lower number practically overnight. This is unfortunately due to 3 large guilds leaving all at the same time. While we've done our best to immediately address their feedback and complaints, it seems they've decided to take their presence elsewhere. While that seems depressing, we're looking onward. MvPs have had their power severely reduced. Our custom changes such as the global Kaupe addition have been nearly completely reverted save for the new updated HP, EXP, and loots. Player classes will now start to receive more quality of life changes rather than balance tweaks (see: nerfs). The intention we had behind these changes was never to annoy people or make MvPing and killing stuff with small groups unfun. We realize this now, and we're owning up to it. Again.

This will not be another Velvet or another Cookie. This is and will be far, far better. We have no plans to abandon Leika and will continue to actively develop and implement new content regardless of population. Yes, we do have plans to attract more players again. Will that be much harder now than before? You bet. Are we giving up on that? Nope. We're learning from our own mistakes and moving forward with the best Renewal server the world's ever seen. We will shortly be taking our advertising much more seriously, including a front page ad on RateMyServer's main page.

Ask yourself this one question: "What do rival servers currently have over LeikaRO?"
Think you have an answer to it? Give it to us in the Feedback & Suggestions forum.

_Upcoming Additions, Changes, and Content_

- Underwater City -

Complete revamp of deep inside Byalan Dungeon coming from jRO, including a new questline, new monsters, and new items.

| Status: 100% Complete |

- Guild Packages -

Both new and returning guilds will soon be able to claim 2 different types of guild packages, giving them a small kickstart, or a small boost to catch up again.

| Status: 50% Complete |

- PvP Revamp -

Including killing sprees, map-wide announcements, ladder system, rankings, and a rewards shop.

| Status: 25% Complete |

- More Automated Events -

7 more automated events, with a rewards shop instead of simply receiving Kawaii Coins. Yes, Kawaii Coins will also remain as a prize.

| Status: In Progress |

- Referral System -

Tell all your friends about Leika and get rewarded for doing so.

| Status: 100% Complete |

- More Ways to Level Up -

Leika is a low-rate, but we do believe in having the option to level up in more ways than the simple "kill monster for quest acquire EXP." New turn-in quests and even more methods are coming extremely soon.

| Status: 99% Complete |

- Quality of Life Class/Skill Changes -

Some of you have been recommending changes to make to "obsolete" skills. We've been taking these into consideration and will be implementing some of them.

• Scias, Enatriela, Krabs and 7 others like this

Arn

Arn

To my side my noble einherjar!

• Player
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAsgard

EDIT: Full 'tard answer, move on.

Edited by Arn, 20 March 2015 - 05:21 PM.

Tesdey

Tesdey

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
Yeah, Tony Montana pushed it to the limit and now he's dead. *mindblow*

Jokes aside, this server and this song is wonderful

Edited by Tesdey, 20 March 2015 - 08:23 PM.

Aina

Aina

In Loliland

• Player
  • 47 posts

A really nice response from you guys, taking into account the last things that happened.

And I'm happy that you guys think like that, I'll see on what I can be useful to help the server as well. Since I don't plan leaving LeikaRO, I'll see where I can help as well, and I know active players that may want give one or two words about those topics too.

The right way to go.

Edited by Aina, 20 March 2015 - 08:33 PM.

chaoscrisis

chaoscrisis

Chonchon

• Player
  • 3 posts

Normally when this happens to a server it keels over and dies but it seems like Leika might recover from this. I'm gonna keep playing and hopefully more people will choose to do the same.

To be honest, Byte has a point, this might as well be the only Renewal server lol.

Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

I'm right behind you. Not been playing much, but I'll keep helping on "that project".

What's with that true american music srsly.

Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

What's with that true american music srsly.

Because scarface cuz,

Push It to the Limit 
Walk along the razor's edge
But don't look down just keep your head, or you'll be finished
Open up the limit
Past the point of no return
You've reached the top, but still you gotta learn how to keep it.
Hit the wheel and double the stakes
Throttle wide open like a bat outta hell
you could crash the gates (crash the gates)
Going for the back of beyond
Nothing's gonna stop you, there's nothing that's gone
So close now you're nearly at the brink
So push it, ooh yeah!
Welcome to the limit (the limit)
Take it baby one step more
The power game's still playing so you better win it
Push it to the Limit (the limit)
With no one left to stand in your way
You might get careless, but you'll never safe
While you're still livin'
Welcome to the limit (the limit)
Standing on the razor's edge
But don't look down just keep your head, or you'll be finished
Welcome to the limit
Push it to the limit, hey!
Push it to the limit, hey!
(THE LIMIT!, THE LIMIT!, THE LIMIT!)

scarface_o_780220.jpg

• Tesdey likes this

Siobhan

Siobhan

my live is potato

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location- Underneath the earth like a wild potato
:stopmusic:
  • Enatriela likes this

padkoto

padkoto

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Music on all pages please

• Rueska likes this

annaquin

annaquin

Chonchon

• Player
  • 38 posts

First download, game crash ... that's a start point ..

Siobhan

Siobhan

my live is potato

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location- Underneath the earth like a wild potato

First download, game crash ... that's a start point ..

2n183kg.jpg

annaquin

annaquin

Chonchon

• Player
  • 38 posts

Well I gave my feeling as a newcomers ( so far , installed the client -> get a crash right away with the first talk to the NPC ( palette errors )

There is enough tool in rathena nowadays to have this kind of shit outdated ( Renewal or not )

And don't tell me that has nothing to do with the thread , servers status at current time is ... no new players can't arrive as long as that crap remain unfixed.

Anyway , nice to be called shitposter at my first contact with the community.

Aurora

Aurora

|・ω・) il padrino

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Locationhttp://tiny.cc/wlla

Hello!

If you have any issues you would use this forum: http://leika-ro.net/...stions-support/

And it's rare that you have that kind of problems; I have 2 friend that recently joined (2-4 days ago) and haven't had any serious problems with the client.

If you wish to understand or solve any issue, use the corresponding forum. Oh, and there's also a corresponding space for feedback, do you need the link?

Peace~

annaquin

annaquin

Chonchon

• Player
  • 38 posts

Thanks, I did a full download ( It wasn't updated, shouldn't you run update_renewal.exe inside of the leikaRO launcher to force the update )

Otherwise you might have the trouble to have kore player joining your server 

Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1,204 posts
If you're getting resource errors it's due to either your kRO or Leika client missing updates. Running Update-Ragnarok and Update-Renewal exes will take care of the kRO part. Do note that the kRO patcher client is wonky and it may take a few tries, otherwise you can download the full, latest kRO client, for example from here.
The full client download should be already fine to go though since it only misses a few of latest updates that employ resources that are either not used or are patched into Leika client.
If your Leika patcher is failing to apply updates, make sure that you don't have the game open, even if it's on the login screen since updates need to repack grf files and that can't be done while they are in use.

As for the rest, we have the Questions & Support for such issues, this isn't the place for it.

annaquin

annaquin

Chonchon

• Player
  • 38 posts

Hi, That's issue is fixed ( that's wasn't the problem , on windows 8.1 , your client is asking abnormal privileges, which was a pain in a ass to deal with ... )

And of course it was out of the scope to run your .exe as adminstrator , that's alone raised an issue on its own. You are asking in your FAQ to run your patcher as administrator .. just LOL.

But thanks still.

Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1,204 posts
Uh, that's a common issue with old software on newer Windows versions due to the way permissions are handled, our Thor patcher is the same most of servers are employing.

Windows 8+ has a bunch of issues running old stuff, this is nothing new.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users