#1 penciltea

penciltea

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:35 AM

Hey guys!

I know I'm new here and whatnot, but I've been thinking about the content the server has, the player base, and ways to increase and improve upon both. Most of the ideas and/or suggestions I have are probably not as critical as implementing core game updates, fixes, and the like. But nonetheless, here're some random ideas and things I've thought of to improve social engagement with players, events and promotions, and other things along those lines. I'm always up to feedback, suggestions, and the like, so don't hesitate to comment! I'll probably add more ideas as I think of them.

Also I apologize if anything I have written doesn't make sense. My brain is a bit scrambled at the moment. If I need to further explain/clarify on something, please let me know! ^^;

In no particular order:
  • Holiday Events (Christmas, 4th of July, etc.) -- I think the next major holiday that we could probably plan for is 4th of July? Unless I'm derping out, which could be.
  • Scavenger Hunt -- Host gives a list (either specific items or clues for the items) for players to find and bring back
  • Mystery Item Drop -- On a specific map (Possibly a custom one?), all enemies will drop mystery items (either ones pre-chosen by the host/staff/etc or mystery boxes/etc.)
    • Maybe a variation would be like a "golden ticket" (like Willy Wonka) sort of event, where there are a certain number of a specific item that drops, and whomever collects them either keeps the item or gets a special reward?
  • Double Drop Days -- I don't know if cards or all items/etc would be preferred?
  • Weekly Map Spotlights -- This may already be implemented, I don't know
  • Team-based (probably in parties?) Events:
    • Whichever team kills the most of a specific monster in a map gets a prize -- I don't know if it's possible to create a system which automatically calculates how many enemies, let alone specific enemies, a party kills. I assume it could be set up similarly to Eden Quest hunt missions?
    • Team Races -- All players in the team/party/etc must get to a specific location first. Maybe make custom maps/mazes?
    • Capture the Flag -- Probably more PvP-oriented than the other team suggestions
  • Class-tier (Novice, 1st class, 2nd class, etc) specific hunting events
  • FB events/promotions/etc:
    • "If [a post] receives X number of likes/shares/whathaveyou, all registered accounts receive Y item -- Maybe a tier? Like, 50 gives reward A, 100 gives reward B, etc.
    • Riddles/Trivia/etc -- Either first person gets a reward or first, like, 20 people get a reward
    • "Guess this [blank]" -- Something like showing a blurred/pixelated image and having people guess what it is, or giving a description of an item/NPC/place/etc for people to guess
Misc things that may be cool to see/think about/etc:
  • What if we had our own Ragial? I know it was a big thing on the official servers, if it's not terribly hard to set up, that may draw people and boost the player economy
  • Fishing/Mining - I've seen the systems in other private servers and I want to say fishing is offered on the official servers? Idk if it's available here already but if not, it would be cool to see

Edited by penciltea, 22 May 2015 - 12:59 PM.

• Aurora likes this

#2 kelpjuice

kelpjuice

Chonchon

• Player
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:37 PM

yep we do have that FB event(moar lieks, moar k) thingy last time.

Team based events sounds good and as for server specific ragial, I think its okay if we somehow managed to get population like 500+(active and non auto vend mercs)

#3 Byte

Byte

Puppetmaster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:33 PM

i've been fairly busy with some other real-life responsibilities, you'll be seeing more from me that has to do with this soon.

#4 penciltea

penciltea

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:43 PM

I figured we probably had some of these ideas already implemented, but it couldn't hurt to spit out all of the ideas I could think of at the time lol :p

And no worries, Byte! I understand that real-life things come first. My brain tends to explode a little when I get excited and this server got me excited! :p

#5 Innomite

Innomite

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:15 AM

Count me in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users