#1 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:40 AM

Could we please have @refresh enabled? It's easily one of my favorite commands: always hot-keyed, no matter what.

• Kenshi likes this

#2 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:50 AM

I knew the time someone would request it would come. I didn't expect it to be soon.

Now the "@refresh fight" that always happens when someone request for it will begin. Spam will fly all over the place. And I'll be Sad.

I'll just say that @refresh is abusable and allows to bypass several effects like blind. That said, someone please inform me about the final decision that will come out after the war that's about to start here <3

#3 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:00 AM

@refresh is unnecessary. Gio this isnt truero anymore.

#4 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:38 PM

i vote for no

#5 Kenshi

Kenshi

Chonchon

• Player
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

I vote for yes, the only down side is being able to get rid of blind; there are also many items that are standard that cure blindness anyway. Not having @refresh can become a problem when trying to mob and you get hit and have to go through that weird phase were you lag behind. Also, the Sura class can snap and /sit twice to cause an animation delay that makes it seem like they didn't move when in reality they could potentially be right next to you. This can only be countered by @refresh or if the sura moves.

#6 Kenshi

Kenshi

Chonchon

• Player
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

I'll just say that @refresh i sabusable and allow to bypass several effects like blind. That said, someone please inform me about the final decision that will come out after the war that's about to start here <3

I am a bit curious as to what else can be bypassed aside from blind. 

#7 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

Skill animation delays for example.

#8 Byte

Byte

Puppetmaster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:21 PM

I am a bit curious as to what else can be bypassed aside from blind. 

ever seen a sin spam sonic blow with @refresh? or a lock bypassing tetra/CL with it? you don't want that and neither do we.

#9 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:26 PM

*Raises hands in denial* I plead innocent!

I knew the time someone would request it would come. I didn't expect it to be soon.

Now the "@refresh fight" that always happens when someone request for it will begin. Spam will fly all over the place. And I'll be Sad.

I'll just say that @refresh is abusable and allows to bypass several effects like blind. That said, someone please inform me about the final decision that will come out after the war that's about to start here <3

Lol sorry Rikter XD

Frost told me about an anti positional lag system, and if it works as well as he says it does, then I vote no on @refresh too - though I felt I might as well put it out there anyways. As far as abusing @refresh, I actually wasn't aware that the cool down for things like tetra spell and sonic blow was based on an animation. I figured it was either GCD or something like that.

I will say that with the anti pos lag system, making specific cool down non-animation based seems unnecessary (and it seems like it'd be a great way to get tons of bugs you don't need).

So yeah, I take it back. @refresh iz fer fgtz. Wait... the GM's have access to @refresh though... Well this is awkward.  :ph34r:

Edited by Gionelles, 20 October 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#10 Kenshi

Kenshi

Chonchon

• Player
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:09 PM

*Raises hands in denial* I plead innocent!

Lol sorry Rikter XD

Frost told me about an anti positional lag system, and if it works as well as he says it does, then I vote no on @refresh too - though I felt I might as well put it out there anyways. As far as abusing @refresh, I actually wasn't aware that the cool down for things like tetra spell and sonic blow was based on an animation. I figured it was either GCD or something like that.

I will say that with the anti pos lag system, making specific cool down non-animation based seems unnecessary (and it seems like it'd be a great way to get tons of bugs you don't need).

So yeah, I take it back. @refresh iz fer fgtz. Wait... the GM's have access to @refresh though... Well this is awkward.  :ph34r:

Wow, yeah, I completely forgot that some skills could abuse it in that manner. Ok, I change my vote to no. Just realized I quoted the wrong thing, kinda. w.e no @refresh.

Edited by Kenshi, 20 October 2014 - 07:11 PM.

• Gionelles likes this

#11 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:11 PM

Wow, yeah, I completely forgot that some skills could abuse it in that manner. Ok, I change my vote to no.

IKR? Weird...

#12 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:02 PM

https://github.com/H...1104673f8712020

We do have this implemented, and also there are more updates about it coming~

#13 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:30 PM

*Looks over the code*

Looks pretty good man. Rarely do I see a server put something like this in for the sake of lag, but it puts a few of my worries at ease.

Edited by Gionelles, 20 October 2014 - 08:43 PM.

#14 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:44 PM

*Tests something*

Are the forums not allowing us to edit our comments, unless they're the most recent in any given thread?

Edit: Huh... Guess its just those few comments of mine up there *points up.* Though... I don't see an option for deleting our comments... THIS IS HERESY! 

Double Edit: Wait! Nope! Now this is the only comment I can edit!  :blink:

Edited by Gionelles, 20 October 2014 - 08:46 PM.

#15 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:51 AM

Im still into you gio, so dont worry

#16 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:54 AM

Sorry Krabs, but you're actually not inside of me. Therefore, you can't give me your crabs disease.

Fgt.
=D

#17 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:12 AM

Sorry Krabs, but you're actually not inside of me. Therefore, you can't give me your crabs disease.
Fgt.
=D

I sense it, I like it when you play hard

#18 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:36 AM

*grabs an AK-47* What about hard and fast?  <_< How fast? 2,300 feet per second, fast.

Edited by Gionelles, 21 October 2014 - 01:37 AM.

#19 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:36 AM

We had a talk about position lag back on cookiero forums. I've yet to level up and test out the poslag but if it's sorted then @refresh might not be necessary.

#20 padkoto

padkoto

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:42 AM

Pathfinding is really good here, I've barely seen any teleporting or going to the wrong location of a monster (or its old location while it's moving like in truero). Poslag also not that bad at all except under heavy mobs (MVPs seem to act like they have a weak endure). I am getting some stuttering when I'm walking, especially noticeable when at higher speeds, but I think that might just be tiny lag spikes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users