#21 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:52 AM

Pathfinding is really good here, I've barely seen any teleporting or going to the wrong location of a monster (or its old location while it's moving like in truero). Poslag also not that bad at all except under heavy mobs (MVPs seem to act like they have a weak endure). I am getting some stuttering when I'm walking, especially noticeable when at higher speeds, but I think that might just be tiny lag spikes.

While I've noticed something similar, it isn't nearly as bad as in TrueRO (or the majority of other servers I've played in general, for that matter). As an, example I can go to Brasalis Dungeon  and gather every piranha on the map and still get little to no positional lag issues. As far as the "weak endure" on MVP's, I don't think that out of the 20+ servers I've played, I've ever seen one where MVP's didn't feel endurant. Most could be kited, yes. But still, their move-speed and a few other things always seemed to make fighting them feel pushy - so nothing weird there.

#22 Ken

Ken

Dark Knight

• Player
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAincrad

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:14 AM

Pathfinding is really good here, I've barely seen any teleporting or going to the wrong location of a monster (or its old location while it's moving like in truero). Poslag also not that bad at all except under heavy mobs (MVPs seem to act like they have a weak endure). I am getting some stuttering when I'm walking, especially noticeable when at higher speeds, but I think that might just be tiny lag spikes.

Wow did you say Truero? i come from there too nice to see more people from my previous server /heh

Anyway.. i think the @refresh could be useful just not abuse on it. I give my vote to @refresh  *nods and waves hand*

#23 padkoto

padkoto

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:20 AM

As far as the "weak endure" on MVP's, I don't think that out of the 20+ servers I've played, I've ever seen one where MVP's didn't feel endurant. Most could be kited, yes. But still, their move-speed and a few other things always seemed to make fighting them feel pushy - so nothing weird there.

I wasn't complaining about the MVPs at all, it's actually really good. Hammer and I were spamming the hell out of some of them, but I could still see where they were the entire time and not get hit by physicals. I say weak endure because they get slowed down by multiple hits without it being possible to hold them in place (again, a good thing). I haven't seen how they move under stuff like lord of vermilion, but I'd imagine there would be very little teleporting.

Wow did you say Truero? i come from there too nice to see more people from my previous server /heh

A lot of us came from cookie, the server before this one. We just floated around a few servers and settled on truero for a few months. People were leaving before Rikter announced Aesir though as so many of us got sick of the bugs.

Don't enable @refresh. It's highly exploitable for removing animation delay and there are bound to be some tricks with it to get around dialog messages to dupe instances and hand ins (like bg).

#24 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:44 AM

Don't enable @refresh. It's highly exploitable for removing animation delay and there are bound to be some tricks with it to get around dialog messages to dupe instances and hand ins (like bg).

Agreed. Funny how a little research can make my opinion take a 180. I'm against @refresh now that I've tested it's exploits.

#25 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

You weren't against turning 180 degrees last night

• padkoto likes this

#26 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

LOL!

#27 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:40 PM

You weren't against turning 180 degrees last night

Keep that up, and it's your neck that's going to be turning 180 degrees.

#28 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:15 PM

Believe me you'll want to @refresh in the morning

#29 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:12 PM

Its so refreshing to know we're on the same page...

#30 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:13 AM

speaking of turning things over...

• Gionelles likes this

#31 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:35 AM

*QUITS*

#32 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:12 AM

I thought your legs never quit

#33 Yano

Yano

The Calm

• Player
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:17 AM

I think if the latency issue becomes a problem/ the pin then maybe it should be allowed. 

#34 Ken

Ken

Dark Knight

• Player
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAincrad

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

Well this could be like silly for me to suggest but..um it could be possible that Frost or any other gm can help Ritker to restore the server when the map goes down and Ritker is either sleeping or just busy.

#35 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

Server's supposed to have an autorestart that automatically creates a report in case of crash, just before restarting. But since we're in beta and I need to check how the bugs are acting, we're running server with debug attached all time, and I'm monitoring it while I'm at PC :3

#36 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

I thought your legs never quit

*QUADRUPLE QUITS*

#37 DetectiveLulu

DetectiveLulu

Chonchon

• Player
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:33 AM

+1 to have this enabled, nothing else really fixes poslag :|

#38 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:36 AM

+1 to have this enabled, nothing else really fixes poslag :|

read previous posts

#39 xhiii

xhiii

Chonchon

• Player
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:40 AM

no to this. it will just make me chain 9999x Cross impact without moving a cell.
also other stuff.
i in pain. u_u

#40 DetectiveLulu

DetectiveLulu

Chonchon

• Player
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:32 AM

well, if it can't be disabled in pvp/bg/woe only then nvm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users