44 replies to this topic

#21 penciltea

penciltea

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:17 PM

If we want to encourage more party playing, would it be worth doing something like a "dungeon of the week" or "MvP of the week"? I believe they're relatively easy to set up and it'd encourage at least some party play and still be relevant for players throughout stages of gameplay.

• FWQ943W09J5G0KERI likes this

#22 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:08 PM

What makes partying in those dungeons of the week more profitable than soloing those dungeons of the week?

#23 penciltea

penciltea

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:04 PM

Fair point. Although you could probably argue that with a lot of content in the game, I think? 

#24 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:36 PM

Frequent double exp event or something maybe.

Battlegrounds is non appealing at all so doing something about that would probably invite pvp hungry players.
  • Scias and FWQ943W09J5G0KERI like this

#25 Salad

Salad

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:53 PM

Double EXP is nice  but frequent double EXP and events like that turn servers into a joke like iRO where no one ever bothers to log on because they can just wait until the next double EXP event and pop their silly 2x-3x Battle Manuals. It's the laziest and most short sighted approach. We are already getting double EXP weekends at least once every month as it is. Double EXP is also god awful when a new player hits the difficulty spikes in the Eden boards due to accelerated EXP and has even less gear because they spent less time on previous maps, and I've seen multiple players ask if EXP was stealth nerfed from turn ins because they were used to double EXP.

#26 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:58 AM

Gear doesn't go hand in hand with lvling in RO. Even without exp boosters.

#27 philanthropy

philanthropy

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:56 PM

LOOKING FOR GROUP

#28 penciltea

penciltea

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:20 AM

I know battlegrounds isn't really great and all, but I'm not entirely sure how we can improve them? I don't know if it's as simple as "give us new maps" or "bring in new game modes" (I'm looking at options like "payload", "capture the flag", "control points" etc. from TF2 as examples) or if there's something more fundamentally wrong with the BG system in RO.

As for the double EXP periods, yes, I agree with Salad on it. They're a nice idea and it's kind of a go-to for quick event ideas for many servers, but it very easily becomes expected and then you only see players logging in for those event times.

As for a "dungeon/MVP of the week/etc" thing to encourage party play, we could introduce party-exclusive quests/missions? Like, kill counts/etc. only count if you're in a party with people on the same map, or something to that effect. You could still solo the dungeon/MVP if you choose/can, but it at least provides extra incentive to say "hey let's party up." Of course, this does run the risk of saying "well, what if players just have leech characters in the same party/map/etc." And yes, that would be an issue. But you can't 100% fool-proof everything developed in regards to every possible circumstance, either. Mind, this isn't a "omg yes we should do this" thing from me; I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea, myself. Just a thought that entered my head as I was reading/writing.

#29 Innomite

Innomite

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:28 AM

It's that time of the year again.

It's that annual thread...

Again.

#30 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:43 AM

Btw, back to 80 online right now. And it's not even weekend. Magic of shitposting and WoE drama  on forums works.

#31 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:08 PM

It's that time of the year again.

It's that annual thread...

Again.

You know you've been away for too long when madzerg ask for Piwo best sorc to woe. Wtf you been.

#32 FWQ943W09J5G0KERI

FWQ943W09J5G0KERI

"Pun"isher

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:45 PM

Here's an odd suggestion that everyone will shoot down because it sucks but I'm going to support it because some random server 5 years ago did it and I liked it: Make an NPC that requires a pretty absurd amount of money to activate. Everyone on the server can put zeny towards the NPC to get it closer and closer to it's goal. Once he... climaxes, he's going to give us all double exp for the week. Make the money amount multiple millions of swegs. This'd possibly give another legitimate reason to invest time into zeny farming. That, and make it stack with whatever dungeon of the week thing you might do, making timing and people coming together to donate for tons of leveling more applicable.

Also, add more of a tagging system. Make it so that if five players tag an enemy, the amount of exp distributed to each individual player greatly outweighs if that player just killed it alone.

For those that don't know, tagging is when you either do damage to a monster, it does damage to you, or you affect it with a skill like Signum Crucius. This would also make investing in a tank character vs a nuke character more practical for low level players.

This kind of play sometimes leads to more guilds forming too, and all around creates something new for players to do.

I know I don't even play this server, and I'm a weak scrub who eats hamburgers all day, but I've seen this work suuuper well once before on SaiphRO, and it might be neat here.

#33 penciltea

penciltea

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:03 AM

So basically the Rachel Sanctuary Entrance Quest but swapping dungeon access for bonus exp rates. It's interesting and I think I like it. If we did this I think we'd have to have like, a week or two of "funding" then a week of bonus, then the "funding" week(s), etc.. just so that people have time to farm the money for it, with a large pool like that and our relatively small population.
  • FWQ943W09J5G0KERI likes this

#34 Hammertime

Hammertime

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:25 PM

It feels like partying is only rewarding on the true High end Mvps where u are basically forced 2 party and it is neccesairy to have several active players(2-3). Other then that for the mid lvl Mvps and eden/board it is easier to solo(tank and killer) with multiclienting+autofollow if you want to eden more than 1 character, compared to getting people to login.  You lose so much time by trying to arrange for people to get on certain times(especially with the variety of different timezones) it just is not profitable compared to just logging your friends characters and leeching them yourself. Need to have some activity forcing dungeons/places that are worth partying even when you are undergeared in the mid lvl range. 

Edited by Hammertime, 12 December 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#35 penciltea

penciltea

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:01 AM

That's also a good point... a lot of the quests/etc. that I'd been thinking about recently involved all level ranges (more or less) so that people wouldn't feel screwed on partying/etc. or forced to solo until end game content.

Even the concept of the spotlight dungeon could apt to lower/mmid level dungeons/etc., and there are other things that could be developed for such things as well.

#36 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:16 AM

logging your friends characters and leeching them yourself. 

Im guilty

#37 Innomite

Innomite

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:12 AM

You know you've been away for too long when madzerg ask for Piwo best sorc to woe. Wtf you been.

Too busy mourning the loss of the events in Leika.

Edited by Innomite, 14 December 2015 - 03:15 AM.

#38 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:18 AM

You'll be losing more than that is Trump gets in. He'll probably think you're a Muslim cos hey what does he know. Probably even Psor's dictatorship would be more diverse than his.

#39 ROWDY

ROWDY

Chonchon

• Player
  • 20 posts
  • LocationHUGE QUESTION

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:06 AM

Double EXP is nice  but frequent double EXP and events like that turn servers into a joke like iRO where no one ever bothers to log on because they can just wait until the next double EXP event and pop their silly 2x-3x Battle Manuals. It's the laziest and most short sighted approach. We are already getting double EXP weekends at least once every month as it is. Double EXP is also god awful when a new player hits the difficulty spikes in the Eden boards due to accelerated EXP and has even less gear because they spent less time on previous maps, and I've seen multiple players ask if EXP was stealth nerfed from turn ins because they were used to double EXP.

I'll rather have more options on Mission boards,Eden Boards with more rewarding EXP wise, And Little less hardcore.

#40 penciltea

penciltea

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 02:23 PM

I'll rather have more options on Mission boards,Eden Boards with more rewarding EXP wise, And Little less hardcore.

66000657.jpg

No but seriously, I have some plans for extra EXP gain options similar to the Mission Boards and Eden Group leveling quests. It's going to take some time to develop but I think people will like it. (read: I hope people will like it.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users