Photo

Siobhan's Guillotine Cross Leveling Guide (Level 151-175)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Siobhan

Siobhan

my live is potato

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Location- Underneath the earth like a wild potato

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:29 AM

Hi there. This is another (solo) leveling guide by me. I'm only going to cover 151+ Eden quests because the difficulty gap between 151+ quests and under 151 quests is HUGE, especially if you're soloing and under geared. Just send me a PM here if you're having trouble leveling at low levels and I'll help you. Also, you can only solo some 151+ quests (with any class, not just Guillotine Cross), most 151+ Eden quests needs a party to do efficiently without making you want to tear your eyeballs out. All righty, off to the guide~

=====

"What skills should I use?"

Main Skills ]

Rolling Cutter - Your main AoE skill for mobbing. Very deadly when used with Enchant Deadly Poison since it's very spam-able! It can only be used when wielding katars. Each use increases your "spin counter" up to a maximum of 10. Your spin counter will wear off after 3 seconds or if your character move. You won't lose your spin counter if you use Backslide. You need a high amount of attack speed to spin faster, about 183 attack speed is good enough. This skill can be followed up by..

Cross Ripper Slasher - Single target. Can only be used if you have a spin counter of at least 1. More AGI / spin counter = more damage. It does a lot more damage with Enchant Deadly Poison!

Weapon Blocking -  Has a chance to block regular melee attacks.

Cloaking Exceed / Cloaking - Traverse the map without being detected, helps with positioning yourself so you don't get mobbed. You can still be detected by Boss flagged monsters even on Cloaking Exceed / Cloaking or Insect and Demon monsters if using Cloaking. 

Optional Skills ]

Enchant Deadly Poison - This skill can be one of your main skills if you're not a cheapskate like me. You need 1 Poison Bottle to activate this skill. Max New Poison Research for longer EDP duration!

Hallucination Walk - Very good skill but has a cooldown of 5 minutes. It gives you a great amount of Flee Rate and halves magic damage in PvM.

Cross Impact - Single target. Deals a decent amount of damage.

Backslide - Use this skill if you want to move more quickly or to position yourself.

=====

"What quests should I do?"

1zzqn36.jpg
[ https://youtu.be/8XRYHMmExyQ ]

Quests -

Eden board (151-175) - Fire Basin : Take all monsters. I mostly just do this quest.

Prontera board - Hunting Mission (Fire Basin Sweatworking)

Prontera board - Collection Requests (Blazing Oddities) : Save those loots listed in this quest and turn them in for EXP!

Monsters - 

Fire Frilldora 
Fire Sandman
Fire Condor
Fire Golem : Can be annoying to kill because of its high DEF and Auto Guard skill.
Fire Pit : Uses Warmer when targeted a by a single target skill. Spawns a Fulbuk when it dies.
Fulbuk : Can be really annoying to kill because it does a lot of damage, breaks your armor and it uses Agi Up which gives it a high Flee Rate.

Tips -

- Use a water weapon / water endow / water converters for more damage since all monsters here are Fire property.
- Use Fireproof Potion for Fire resistance because monsters will throw Fire magic at you.
- Bring lots of Green Potions to cure Blind status!

Equipment -

Headgear (Upper) : Rideword Hat [1] / Rune Hairband [1] (for HP/SP leech) with Dark Pinguicula Card (+10 ATK).

Headgear (Middle) : Doesn't really matter.

Headgear (Lower) : You can use your job change hat, Silent Enforcer but it doesn't really matter.

Armor Any decent slotted armor with Pasana Card (Makes your armor Fire property) / Lucius' Fire Armor of Volcano [0]

Weapon : Katar [2] / Specialty Jur [4] / Katar of Frozen Icicle [3] with Hunter Fly Cards (HP leech).

Shield : N/A

Garment : Wool Scarf [1] (Must be used with Tidal Shoes) / Upgraded Manteau [1] (Must be used with Upgraded Boots) / Diabolus Manteau [1] (Must be used with Diabolus Boots) / Nidhoggur's Shadow Garb [1] with Raydric Card (20% resistance to Neutral property attacks).

Shoes : Tidal Shoes [1] (Must be used with Wool Scarf) / Upgraded Boots [1] (Must be used with Upgraded Manteau) / Diabolus Boots [1] (Must be used with Diabolus Manteau) with Green Ferus Card (+1 VIT, 10% Max HP) / Matyr Card (+1 AGI, 10% Max HP) / Verit Card (8% Max HP/SP) / Variant Shoes.

Accessories : Rogue's Treasure & Cold Heart

=====

2jfiqtk.jpg
[ https://youtu.be/xYMYRWv20-M ]

Quests -

- Eden board (151-175) - Bifrost Tower : Only take Cenere, Antique Book & Blue Lichtern, they're all located in the first floor. Other floors is just suicide when soloing!
- Prontera board - Collection Requests (Suffocating Gases & Outdated Literature) : Save those loots listed in these quests and turn them in for EXP!

Monsters - 

- Cenere 
- Antique Book 
- Blue Lichtern : Use Water armor or drown in its water barrage!

Tips -

- Use Coldproof Potion for Water resistance since Blue Lichtern will throw Water magic at you.
- Bring lots of Green Potions to cure Blind Status.
- Blue Lichtern can be annoying if you don't have slotted Water armor with Marc Card (Frozen immunity) since it will freeze you quite often.

Equipment -

Headgear (Upper) : Rideword Hat [1] / Rune Hairband [1] (for HP/SP leech) with Dark Pinguicula Card (+10 ATK).

Headgear (Middle) : Doesn't really matter.

Headgear (Lower) : You can use your job change hat, Silent Enforcer but it doesn't really matter.

Armor Any decent slotted armor with Swordfish Card (Makes your armor Water property)

Weapon Katar [2] Specialty Jur [4] with Hunter Fly Cards (HP leech).

Shield : N/A

Garment : Wool Scarf [1] (Must be used with Tidal Shoes) / Upgraded Manteau [1] (Must be used with Upgraded Boots) / Diabolus Manteau [1] (Must be used with Diabolus Boots) / Nidhoggur's Shadow Garb [1] with Raydric Card (20% resistance to Neutral property attacks).

Shoes : Tidal Shoes [1] (Must be used with Wool Scarf) / Upgraded Boots [1] (Must be used with Upgraded Manteau) / Diabolus Boots [1] (Must be used with Diabolus Manteau) with Green Ferus Card (+1 VIT, 10% Max HP) / Matyr Card (+1 AGI, 10% Max HP) / Verit Card (8% Max HP/SP) / Variant Shoes.

Accessories : Rogue's Treasure & Cold Heart

=====

Well, that's pretty much what you can solo efficiently. There's a way to do the harder quests besides spinning but it's pretty boring and shit. *cough* Leech End *cough*

[ https://youtu.be/3ddtMBB48hQ ]

Good luck!

Edited by Siobhan, 15 December 2015 - 04:38 PM.

• Hammertime, Sinon and FWQ943W09J5G0KERI like this

#2 Vadertan

Vadertan

Coroner

• Player
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:34 PM

This is not exactly a leveling tip, but I got a lot of levels from MVPs since Leika has no XP reductions or stupid stuff like that. Dracula can't hit you at all because he doesn't power up and he is katar friendly. Doppelganger, Osiris, Orc Hero and some other blunder tier MVPs are also easy. I was able to solo Baphomet by putting my Mechanic with Neutral Barrier on top of my GX and spinning on his face, since NB stops EQ and that's the only thing he can do against you pretty much. You can also kill RSX if with an Ice Pick and properly carded Main Gauche/3xAK Scalpel. I never did this one, but if you have gear like cat combo and luk gloves you can PROBABLY kill LOD with an Ice Pick too, need temp LUK boots for that tho. Wtih water armor and marse card, Drake and White Lady are pretty easy, LP makes Garm and SK a joke and so on. You can probably figure out more than me with enough patience.

If you have EDP to give and take (Thanks Draco), you can call an AB friend to duo both Verus fields. You'll need to keep Oblivion Curse all the time and FCP, but it works and it's not too hard.

#3 FWQ943W09J5G0KERI

FWQ943W09J5G0KERI

"Pun"isher

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:00 PM

Great and simple little guide!

Something I want to mention: If you have a macro-able keyboard and/or mouse, it's extremely helpful to macro four /bingbing's or /bangbang's followed by an immediate backstep. This way, you can move and step at the same time. Forth and Eighth turns are usually optional.

Furthermore, learning to mob properly is very important for this kind of leveling tactic, because you don't want to take damage while gathering. Magic is a bit of an acception, but you can get around the hitstun with proper mob spacing and sliding. So, I don't consider backslide "optional." That, and mobbing with slide in case the enemy is faster than you demands either good experience shift switching (disabling stick keys notification), or macroing your slides.

I have a wealth of mobbing knowledge that could take up 10 forum pages easily, but I'll just say this: if you're having trouble mobbing, practice gathering as many enemies as possible by zig-zagging and circling them to keep the mob together, and practice with aggressive enemies that have no long ranged attacks with a medium-ish movement speed. Mobbing is easier to learn without a movement speed bonus, but once you get more experience and it's in your muscle memory, a movement speed bonus will tripple your mobbing ability. Wind Walk and Increase Agi are easily my favorites, followed by a peco mount with no agility bonuses, since too much movement speed is a bad thing.

As a side note, if you're training, you should NEVER allow yourself to take any damage. If you take a single hit of damage, fly wing to drop the mob, and practice regathering the entire thing. Do NOT ever settle for anything less than perfection when practicing, or else you WILL develop bad habits. Just be patient with it. It's taken me upwards of an entire week of practicing for around six hours a day to teach some people how to mob correctly, and I feel like it took me around a year of doing it constantly to genuinely master it.

Other than that, I still don't play this server, so I'ma just gawk at WTF a fire basin is lel.

Edited by Sardrellas, 12 December 2015 - 09:05 PM.

#4 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:58 PM

Something I want to mention: If you have a macro-able keyboard and/or mouse, it's extremely helpful to macro four /bingbing's or /bangbang's followed by an immediate backstep. This way, you can move and step at the same time. Forth and Eighth turns are usually optional.

I have found that doesn't work much because of the way RO's animation works. Usually end up going the way I didn't want to go. It's about as reliable as a white guy is reliable at being japanese. Or about as reliable as Psor's immigration policy.

#5 FWQ943W09J5G0KERI

FWQ943W09J5G0KERI

"Pun"isher

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:53 PM

I have found that doesn't work much because of the way RO's animation works. Usually end up going the way I didn't want to go. It's about as reliable as a white guy is reliable at being japanese. Or about as reliable as Psor's immigration policy.

Odd, it works perfectly for me on my server, and Gio told me it worked fine for her GX here on LeikaRO. We both have Logitech G7## series keyboards and mice too.

What are you using to macro? Hopefully software that interacts with your keyboard and/or mouse's hardware that lets you time the intervals between inputs, as opposed to software that affects other software.

I also usually find that both a good connection and boosing the priority on RO while clearing up CPU helps you to avoid missing inputs due to lag.

Edited by Sardrellas, 13 December 2015 - 11:53 PM.

#6 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:08 AM

It could be that. But rly I don't have a use for it anymore cos I mainly WoE now.
  • FWQ943W09J5G0KERI likes this

#7 Neryth

Neryth

never stop spinning

• Player
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 02:27 AM

@Scias, I can /bingbing /bangbang backslide well enough on this server to drag Bio3 MvPs up the stairs & do other stupid stuff. Feels okay to me, personally...

@Siobhan, you might want to mention that Research New Poison increases EDP duration by (3*skill level seconds). Once you have spare skill points, you should probably max that out if you're using EDP to level.

#8 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:16 AM

I must have set the Razer Deathadder macros delay too fast. But nvm

#9 Siobhan

Siobhan

my live is potato

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:37 PM

@Siobhan, you might want to mention that Research New Poison increases EDP duration by (3*skill level seconds). Once you have spare skill points, you should probably max that out if you're using EDP to level.

I completely forgot about that. Thanks for pointing that out!

Furthermore, learning to mob properly is very important for this kind of leveling tactic, because you don't want to take damage while gathering. Magic is a bit of an acception, but you can get around the hitstun with proper mob spacing and sliding. So, I don't consider backslide "optional." That, and mobbing with slide in case the enemy is faster than you demands either good experience shift switching (disabling stick keys notification), or macroing your slides.

I have a wealth of mobbing knowledge that could take up 10 forum pages easily, but I'll just say this: if you're having trouble mobbing, practice gathering as many enemies as possible by zig-zagging and circling them to keep the mob together, and practice with aggressive enemies that have no long ranged attacks with a medium-ish movement speed. Mobbing is easier to learn without a movement speed bonus, but once you get more experience and it's in your muscle memory, a movement speed bonus will tripple your mobbing ability. Wind Walk and Increase Agi are easily my favorites, followed by a peco mount with no agility bonuses, since too much movement speed is a bad thing.

As a side note, if you're training, you should NEVER allow yourself to take any damage. If you take a single hit of damage, fly wing to drop the mob, and practice regathering the entire thing. Do NOT ever settle for anything less than perfection when practicing, or else you WILL develop bad habits. Just be patient with it. It's taken me upwards of an entire week of practicing for around six hours a day to teach some people how to mob correctly, and I feel like it took me around a year of doing it constantly to genuinely master it.

Other than that, I still don't play this server, so I'ma just gawk at WTF a fire basin is lel.

I suck at that backsliding thing, I look like a fool trying it.

Also, just play here instead of playing on other shit servers and bring back Gio with you!

#10 FWQ943W09J5G0KERI

FWQ943W09J5G0KERI

"Pun"isher

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:45 PM

I completely forgot about that. Thanks for pointing that out!

I suck at that backsliding thing, I look like a fool trying it.

Also, just play here instead of playing on other shit servers and bring back Gio with you!

B-but, I'm GMing on my other server D: I can't abandon them.

#11 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:49 PM

Incorrect. You actually can.

#12 FWQ943W09J5G0KERI

FWQ943W09J5G0KERI

"Pun"isher

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:54 AM

Incorrect. You actually can.

Well I could, but I dunwanna. D:

#13 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:24 AM

Well ok.
  • FWQ943W09J5G0KERI likes this

#14 Siobhan

Siobhan

my live is potato

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:27 AM

I'll give yer nan a workout

• Gionelles likes this