36 replies to this topic

#21 Salad

Salad

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:35 AM

The core issue is Butterfly Wings as already discussed. Without being able to bwing back so quickly even in the middle of an action (I thought Flash Combo was supposed to disable consumables even?) there is a lot more consequence to what actions you choose to do on the defending side. Personally I think the WoE warper everyone can already access is OK, you could put a 5-10 second delay on it before it actually warps you to simulate the Warp Portal delay. I don't think defending guilds should have the flag directly in Prontera, that easily saves 10 seconds or more and combined with bwings you literally can flag in back to where you were in the castle before someone's Asura Strike SP lock is even finished right after killing you. How ridiculous that is should be self explanatory.

Hell, when we took the castle first in the 3 way WoE most of us weren't even saved in Prontera so we actually did use the WoE warper, then had to flag into the castle. That was honestly much more enjoyable because I knew I wasn't able to faceroll and come back in 2 seconds. Back then when I played my Sura for the first time on defense I quickly realized it was stupid to actually bother potting SP inbetween fights or even in the middle of fights when I could just use a bwing, get a full heal (and even 3rd class debuffs cleared back then) and come back in 3 seconds at any angle I felt like. Suras, sans Flash Combo are supposed to still be gated by SP and that is not happening on defense when you are saving more than 300+ SP items per WoE by pressing a single bwing which actually puts you in action faster rofl. If course a class is going to feel oppressive when one of the main things controlling them is easily circumvented.

All of this is before the other elephant in the room, keeping all of your buffs and consumables intact because not even Cursed Circle stops you from bwinging to safety - as it turns out some classes are insanely strong with little to no fixed cast times if they can have +20 foods and consumables on permanently, along with FCP. SHOCKING!!! The difference is if you want to risk diving into attacking guilds repeatedly then you better be prepared to have a giant stack of foods. Right now as it is anyone that gets dispelled just bwings and comes back (again, at any flanking angle they choose) good to go again with all of their foods intact. Makes no sense to consider custom class balancing first when the issue is the game isn't supposed to be played with permanent +20 foods with no consequence (or else they wouldn't dispel on death).

My thoughts for changes currently in priority, and that I hope is done before next WoE:
1. Disable usage of Butterfly Wings

2. Disable instant flag in Prontera

I think any other changes that were brought up in this topic should be waited on after current changes go through. If guilds are actually forced to consume their consumables (!!!) we will see if they have spent enough time on the game to keep up their class with peak stats (Instant cast, higher damage, etc) to be able to hold out during the entire WoE. Too many changes at once will muddle what's enabling everything else to be an issue.

Edited by Salad, 19 January 2016 - 07:40 AM.

• FWQ943W09J5G0KERI likes this

#22 Hammertime

Hammertime

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:34 AM

@Neryth  Difference with AoR is we actually didn't have WoE Warper even(and you do have that), yet we never complained about such matters when we would lose as having enough quality players is the only thing that matters. We stopped playing back then as we did not have enough players to compete at the time and people were getting busy.

Maybe disable WoE so you guys don't cry this much. I'm looking forward to the next nerf you demand after getting beat up.

Edited by Hammertime, 20 January 2016 - 03:40 AM.

• ROWDY likes this

#23 Innomite

Innomite

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:38 AM

How about you all get good?

2 weeks ago it was no challenge to take over the emperium.

Edited by Innomite, 20 January 2016 - 08:39 AM.

#24 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:18 PM

Now they're trying to disable Bwing so they can enjoy my oblivion for longer. I ain't even gonna argue.
  • Gionelles and FWQ943W09J5G0KERI like this

#25 FWQ943W09J5G0KERI

FWQ943W09J5G0KERI

"Pun"isher

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:22 PM

O b l i v i o n ?   I   h a t e d   t h a t   m o v i e ! 

Edited by Sardrellas, 20 January 2016 - 06:23 PM.

• Gionelles likes this

#26 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:29 PM

Aww, I'm late to the discussion. Oh well, figured that'd happen.

#27 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:29 AM

After considering all options, I decided to just disable them since they're the core issue and stuff like adding a cooldown to flags creates other problems instead.

#28 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:36 AM

After considering all options, I decided to just disable them since they're the core issue and stuff like adding a cooldown to flags creates other problems instead.

Thanks mommy terp

#29 Cute

Cute

No

• Player
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:23 PM

Arguing over bwings lol.

#30 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:14 PM

Yup and now they don't even woe and the only 2 people that attended can't bwing away from oblivion. Backfire much

#31 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:12 AM

BUT MUH BWINGS MOMMY TERP. SO ESSENTIAL.

#32 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:20 PM

OMFG this is the most retarded suggestion ive seen in awhile....... oh well its already been implemented but yea, woe-ing w/out bwing easy game for scias, he should be happy every woe being more valuable than omen 

#33 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

OMFG this is the most retarded suggestion ive seen in awhile....... oh well its already been implemented but yea, woe-ing w/out bwing easy game for scias, he should be happy every woe being more valuable than omen

This woe omen was valuable.

But that's because he showed up for once uhuhu

I still don't get the whole "please disable Bwing so we won't be able to escape oblivion so we have an excuse to give up woe" suggestion. Still nobody's explained it lol.

Enemy guilds should still attend there was like 3 of us defending for first half and leik 5 in the end. Even Zandak attacked, and that's saying something. He's FR.

#34 Mcjello

Mcjello

Sad Melody

• Player
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:39 PM

shush you drunk irish.
i wouldnt call it attacking, i just went to annoy you and omen with man hole, but i kinda forgot the surface paint. o3o b

#35 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:01 PM

Anyone from opposing guilds reading this should take this as a sign. If even the French will invade, it means the castle is definitely badly defended.

#36 Mcjello

Mcjello

Sad Melody

• Player
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:28 PM

well that castle still has better treasures than scotland

#37 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:40 PM

Scotland has plenty treasures. Just look at all the museums with stuff we stole from around the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users