Photo

[Forum Related] Chat Box instead of a 3rd party one.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rikazu

Rikazu

Liar

• Player
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Locationhttp://leika-ro.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:24 PM

Hmm, I really would love to make the forums lively since it would be cool and fun and also the wiki so it will be always updated and a much more personalized content (not like copying from official wikis and such) more content. But of course professionalism should be taken in mind.

I'm one of those having problems connecting to the IRC chat or even discord (which I've already tried downloading the app).

Isn't it much more okay to the have the chat room / chat box area at least here in the forums?

People visits the forums almost everyday, you may see in the guest count, though they might still be unwilling to login or even post stuff which will make more use of it.

I know the part of maintaining a chat room or a chat box will be hard or even adding it here, there are also some who are willing to help though.

So yeah, I think this idea might come in handy someday or I guess now in some cases. I wish you guys would put this in consideration, with lot's of pros and cons in it, but still helpful.

Thank you.

Edited by Rikazu, 23 July 2016 - 03:26 PM.

• Eirene likes this

#2 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:03 PM

No. Shoutboxes and chatrooms only worsen thing because people go there insetad of posting. The biggest post fuel is always WoE drama and Woe is ded. You are not going to have active forum without bigger population and WoE no matter what you do.

Pay some hobos to play here.

#3 Salad

Salad

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:41 AM

I was really not a fan of shoutboxes on the previous servers I've played, but as you can see from the cobwebs on the Leika forums I really don't think it's a shoutbox-related issue when people aren't active on the forums. If it can be integrated nicely and not intrusively like with a LOUD sound every time a message is sent then I don't see why not, if it would have more people participating. I do raise the secondary suggestion of banning Psor from the shoutbox right now for our collective sanity though.

#4 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:26 AM

colective ignorance*

You're welcome.

#5 Rikazu

Rikazu

Liar

• Player
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Locationhttp://leika-ro.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:49 AM

I see, which everything depends on it's users sanity. Which is insane here hmm..

#6 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1041 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:22 AM

Can't say I'm a fan of shoutboxes, does web discord not work for you either?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users