Issue Information

• Fixed

• 0 - None Assigned

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (0)
Photo

Malangdo Daily Quests

Posted by Salad on 27 March 2015 - 04:34 AM

I did the initial quest a few weeks ago (http://irowiki.org/w...Malangdo_Island) which works fine. The problem is every quest afterwards doesn't seem to start correctly or have a way of progressing, these were attempted a few weeks ago also.

Help the Bad Cats in Danger (Initial) http://irowiki.org/w..._cats_in_danger
  • Step 1 worked, but unable to progress quest, NPC says to come back tomorrow. The daily version is probably also bugged.

Clean the Ship (Repeatable) http://irowiki.org/w...ip_(repeatable)
  • Able to start, unable to proceed after finding all spots (Step 2)
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Help_Chef_Nyas (Repeatable) http://irowiki.org/wiki/Help_Chef_Nyas
  • Unable to start quest

I think there's probably something wonky with the scripts in general so they are not registering every day etc.

Terpsichore

Mar 28 2015 07:35 AM
I updated this whole thing but didn't have time to test, tell me how it goes now.

changed status to: Fix Pending

Checked today, doesn't seem like anything has changed.

Terpsichore

Mar 31 2015 12:52 PM
Sigh, will have try to test them all soon.

changed status to: Fixed
changed status to: Fix Pending

LurchingElf
Oct 16 2015 08:45 AM
okay, im not sure if you just forgot about it in the meantime or you just could not find a solution, but in any case the bug is still present.
plase allow me to elaborate on how and possibly why the questline is glitched out, so that maybe you job will be easier that way.
the iro wiki guide is outdated, or more like the quest is tricky.
  • Help Bad Cats in danger quest
it seems like the whole initial quest is missing, because the NPC (Gabone) is giving you the same speech like he would when the repeatable quest is on timeout. i presume that happens because weather the repeatable quest is getting priority instead of the initial, or simply the initial quest is missing entirely but in either case the repeatable quest cannot be initiated since there is no required information in the player's questlog about when can the repeatable quest be reaccepted, because the initial quest have not been done and have not triggered the first quest cooldown. ...i think...
  • Help Chef Nyas
the initial part of the quest is working just fine, but once it entered the cooldown period, just does not get out of it. a visible date and time was given in the quest log. that have passed 2 days straight now.(can provide screenshot if necessary) But he still acts as if the cooldown period would have not expired yet.
maybe the cooldown issue of its sister quest (Clean the ship) is possibly causing some sort of collision in the script, though it clearly not supposed to, after the initial quest the 2 questline supposed to be unrelated, with their own respective cooldown timer.
  • Clean the ship
people allways fall for this... why is everyone depending the irowiki blindly?
i've got it handed to me as well on another server, and i felt really crappy having to admit that i just scream bug whenever wherever instead of even trying to find the solution, in this case the biscuit.
alright.
the thing is that, the iro wiki guide is not entiely correct, or more like the quest is tricky.
Cleanyang talks about 9 places but there is actually 10, there is an extra place what they dont talk about. you go down to the 2nd basement floor of the Cat Gamer society and down there in the corner behind the "cat-wannabe sheep" you will find the extra spot that they dont talk of.
with that the quest can be finished without issues. and no, the amount of thiefbugs(or "quick dark shadow" as they call it) spawned and killed , or the amount of cat ship biscuits found are neither relevant, those spots dont spawn either with 100% rate and they are entirely unnecessary for finishing the quest. (technically you dont even need to kill the roaches, you could just leave them and let them pile up for someone else, which is quite the contrary to the purpose of the quest, but the script does not even care about that. how hilarious that is!)
anyway... the quest itself is not bugged negatively... i mean for the player negatively...
the quest instantly jumps to the reacceptable state as soon as you finish the corresponding initial quest, and after that it skips checking for the cooldown time in the questlog every time you try to reaccept the quest. therefore it can be repeated limitlessly on the same day over and over again. yeah, you might call this an exploitable bug. but honestly...if someone has the time and determination to actually repeat this over and over again, then they deserve the reward. personally, im not sure if its worth exploiting... the repeatable quest part is just not all that worthy anyway, all it gives is 10 Malangdo SP Cans, and it takes about 3-5 minutes to minutes to get trough it, even if you know what you are doing and you are not doing anything else in the meantime. (10 Malangdo SP Can is pretty much like 10 butterfly wing if you use it for that purpose, or 20X10 M-SP Can is one equip from Stinky Merchant, ergo 20x5=100 minutes from your life just for one equip. arguably worth it...)
the only thing that i find a bit exploitable in it is the exp gain. from the quest you get 450k base and 600k job exp, (= 4-5 biolabs_3 normal mobs) in only 5 minutes even on early lvls, and it virtually does not require you to do anything just running around in circles.
anyway, its your choice if and how you want to fix this issue. i dont think it would throw anything off-balance even if you didnt do anything with it, because people dont normally have determination to actually do it again and again.

Regarding to the other 2 bugs, i realy hope you will look into it soon. if need any more details or testing to be done then im more than glad to be at your service.

Terpsichore

Oct 16 2015 02:17 PM
Pretty much forgot about this as I have my hands full and almost nobody does those quests, I'll check it out sometime soon. Issue is that those scripts are very tedious to test. The latest public script is broken as we can see, I guess they want others to test for them.

LurchingElf
Oct 17 2015 08:59 AM
its okay, its not that urgent, i just thought i mention it. and that i provide people with the required info to finish the part that is not broken.
and actually there is a sudden rise in the amount of players actually doing those quests. i saw some people running around in circles in the last few day, and yesterday, i even encountered a runaway "quick dark shadow", i squished it, but i scolded the unknown person for not doing his/her quest diligently enough. though i must admit this much people is an unusual sight in malangdo, normally those quests are not really that popular.
and when you get to fixing it, and you someone to do further testing, im glad to help :) but as mentioned before its not that urgent.

LurchingElf
Jun 29 2016 07:02 PM
well, it may not being too urgent but the fact that it have not been addressed for over a half year seems to be a bit questionable.
please try to find some time to look into it. it shouldn't take that much of your time. probably the mishap is in the codes of the cooldown timers.
im looking forward for your feedback on the matter.

Terpsichore

Jun 29 2016 10:17 PM
It should be alright now but, tell me if you find more issues.

What a pain in the ass though, Gobonge's daily didn't exist at all and had to be added from scratch. All check for the rest were wrong and quest descriptions for Nyas orders didn't have visible ingredients (and there's 64 of them).

LurchingElf
Jun 30 2016 12:00 AM
hmm strange... Gagone was saying the exact same thing as he would when on cooldown. i didnt think the entire quest would be missing.
and also i tought those quests should be included in the hercules update, so its even more baffling.
in any case. Now all of them works just fine. thats what counts. thank you for fixing it.
and i have but one more suggestion, the poor cans are default drops of the red erumas, and also its not 0 weight, i think it would make sense to be able to store them at least in every player's very own storage. i know its required for the quest, but the quest will send you anyway to kill 20 of them,
soo being able to transfer them from a different character still would not allow you to skip the quest entirely and get coins without effort.
either way, i appreciate that you took the effort to wrap them up. now finally it is working properly.

Terpsichore

Jun 30 2016 12:30 AM
Done.

changed status to: Fixed

LurchingElf
Jun 30 2016 07:57 AM
(Yay, one less thing stranded in my inventory, together with all those thanatos tower keys, luxorious keycard, continetal guard paper, and malangdo coins it was starting to pile up)
Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users