Issue Information

• Unfiled

• 0 - None Assigned

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (0)
Photo

Whitesmith Sprite Error

Posted by Lemon on 27 April 2015 - 09:26 PM

The positioning of the whitesmith battle idle animation is messed up, though only on the downward facing animation. This is sort of hard to convey in text so I've recorded a gif:

Posted Image

I think the sprites were probably repositioned on the spritesheet by accident during editing somehow.

Terpsichore

Apr 28 2015 05:39 PM
I kinda don't get this, is it the leg shaking?

Right now, the whole sprite is jumping when the sprite is supposed to be anchored to a specific spot on the cell is I think what they mean? /hmm

Terpsichore

Apr 28 2015 07:06 PM
Well, we haven't touched any sprites and those are read from kRO grf so no idea.

Yeah, sorry I wasn't very descriptive in the post. The sprite is bouncing when the bottom pixel of the feet should remain in the same spot-- no other sprites do this. I've done a lot of sprite animation & worked in game development and my best guess is this is caused by these specific frames being positioned incorrectly on the sheet. It's a lot more obvious if you see the battle idle of another sprite next to the character on an adjacent cell.

If you haven't done any editing, maybe this was caused by installing something third party and graphics related like a palette pack or something? I also wouldn't put it past the official kRO sheets straight up having poorly placed sprites in a hurried update.

Edited by Lemon, 28 April 2015 - 07:48 PM.

Terpsichore

Apr 28 2015 08:01 PM
I don't have any experience with sprites but as far as I know palettes merely change colors, did you work with RO sprites before?

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users