Issue Information

• Fixed

• 0 - None Assigned

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (0)
Photo

Venom Dust

Posted by Neryth on 16 May 2015 - 11:26 PM

I've noticed that even if you lack immunity to poison, having high VIT creates a delay in Venom Dust actually applying poison. What I've inferred is that VIT and LUK are reducing the poison chance, which is inconsistent with the pre-renewal behaviour that I'm familiar with. The way it's supposed to behave is, Venom Dust applies poison at a 100% chance (unreduced by status resistance) to anything short of immunity, but the duration can be reduced to the point that the poison does not actually have time to apply the % HP damage. I don't know if that's just eAthena specific behaviour, but that's the Venom Dust that I'm familiar with based on 10 years of playing RO.

I haven't seen any official changes to Venom Dust since renewal, so I'm guessing that it's just bugged/badly coded here with status resistance from VIT/LUK significantly reducing the poison chance. Considering the fact that Poison, to begin with, is one of the weaker and more easily cured status effects, I just find it kind of sad that the skill meant to apply it without breaking other status effects isn't functioning correctly.

changed status to: Fix Pending

changed status to: Fixed

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users