Issue Information

• Working as Intended

• 0 - None Assigned

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (1)
Photo

Arrow Shower

Posted by Sky on 20 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

Archer's arrow shower only moves mobs/players to the left making it quite difficult to use. I'm not sure if this is intended or not but it seems rather silly. /swt

Uh, I've been using Arrow Shower on my ranger for probably at least two months now and I've never experienced this. I just logged on ingame to test.
All Hunter traps (sans Talkie Box, don't have it atm)
Player with @duel
Monsters

It's working correctly for me, Arrow Shower is a ground targetted AoE that is 5x5 (levels 6-10) meaning placing your Arrow shower up to 2 cells opposite where you want your target to go will push them towards that direction. Aim to the left, they get pushed to the right. This server even seems to have fixed Claymore Traps so its knockback isn't based on the user's position relative to it. I seem to be double-pushing if I use Arrow Shower in succession even in opposite directions though, not sure why that's the case.

After trying to reproduce what your issue is I can only deduce that you are trying to use Arrow Shower directly on top of your target in which it seems it is pushing them to the left. Arrow Shower isn't a single target skill so I'm at a loss to what you are expecting it to do in that case. If you are expecting it to knock back away from your archer, then you want to hotkey Charge Arrow for that purpose instead. /swt

If you would be so kind as to show me in person how you're moving the target's in the direction you want I would be delighted /no1. After having played on officials for almost 2 years, I don't ever remember having to point arrow shower in the opposite direction I wanted it to go. So I'm supposed to point my arrow shower to where there is absolutely nothing to push to actually get it to move that way? Unless arrow shower is officially supposed to do that, it's rather silly /hmm.
Since charge arrow and phantasmic arrow even while using no shift don't move traps, it makes using traps more difficult because every time I try to push a trap the trap always moves left regardless of where I point the arrow shower /hmm.

https://youtu.be/8gscbPLLAKo
Official server behavior. This is pre-renewal, in renewal the only thing that has changed is Arrow Shower goes up to 5x5 as opposed to 3x3 so you can aim your arrow shower up to 2 cells away as opposed to directly next to it like the video.
(The final clip ... /omg If only it worked that way on private servers, hehe.)

I think you are having trouble understanding how ground targetted skills and knockbacks work. Magnum Break works the same way, except it's ground target under yourself. Arrow Shower and Magnum Break are the classic ways to push traps...
I don't know your in-game name but sure, I can show you.

After trying a few different things with arrow shower earlier it seemed to work however it was a bit tricky and didn't always work so it's probably working fine and it's just my fault I'm having this issue. I think I understand how it works a bit better now after trying a few different things however I feel it would be best to be shown first hand (if it's alright with you) to get a better idea of how to properly use it /ok

changed status to: Working as Intended

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users