Couples that are married can choose to "adopt" another character. The adoption process turns that character into a Baby job, which are smaller versions of the normal ("adult") jobs. Parents can only adopt one child character.
- Parent characters must be Base Level 70 or higher
- Parent characters must be married
- Parent characters must both have their wedding rings equipped
- Adoptee must be a Novice or a First Job.
- The married couple create a party together.
- The prospective child joins the party.
- One of the parents will right click the child they wish to adopt and select the option called "Adopt <name>" that appears.
- The character selected will be prompted and asked if they want to be adopted by the parent who selected them to be adopted.
- Upon agreement, the character becomes a Baby job and the parents' adopted child.
Adopted characters and their parents gain access to new skills.
Skills for Children
- File:Mom, Dad, I love you!-icon.png Mom, Dad, I love you! - Parents will have no death penalty for 2 minutes; Requires 10% of the child's Max SP Amount
- File:Mom, Dad, I miss you!-icon.png Mom, Dad, I miss you! - Summons parents to the child's location.
Skills for Parents
Benefits of being Adopted
- The child will be able to share EXP with either (or both) of their Parents at any given level, as long as the Parents are both 70+. This makes leeching from 1/1 to 175/60 possible. All members of the family must be on the same map to set party share.
- The child is now Size Small. This renders Skel Worker Cards ineffective in PvP against child characters, as the only aspect of it that will affect them is the +5 ATK per card.
- Since the child is Small sized, the Knight skill Pierce will only do 1 hit.
Limitations of being Adopted
- Child's HP and SP are only 75% of Max HP and Max SP.
- Adopted characters cannot increase a stat past a base amount of 80 (or 1117 if they are a Third Job)
- Any stats over 80 will be converted to raw status points upon adoption.
- Carrying capacity of adopted characters are lowered by 1200 compared to a normal character.
- Adopted characters cannot Rebirth/Transcend (but can change to their respective Third Class upon reaching 99/50, missing out on Transcendent skills and the additional status points)
- Adopted Blacksmiths' and Alchemists' respective Forging and Brewing skills rates are decreased by 50%.
- Once adopted, a Baby character cannot be adopted again if one or both parents are delete, or the adoption is removed.
- Parents may be able to adopt again if the adoption is removed.