Blacksmiths can forge weapons from different materials. The materials used decide the weapon to be created as well as any additional properties, such as Elements, the weapon will have. Forged weapons do not have Card Slots. Rods, Bows, Instruments, Books and Katars cannot be forged, nor can Level 4 weapons.
When forging a weapon there are 3 available slots for modifying items. Items such as Flame Heart, Mystic Frozen, Rough Wind and Great Nature can be used to imbue the weapon with the Fire, Water, Wind and Earth properties, respectively. A weapon may only have one element at a time and using more than one elemental stone will cause the forge to fail. Slots may also be fitted with Star Crumbs. 1, 2, and 3 Star Crumbs will (respectively) add +5, +10, and +40 Mastery ATK to all attacks from the weapon.
Blacksmiths can only forge items up to the level of their Smith (Weapon) skill, regardless of their forging equipment.
- Make sure that all of the necessary items are in your inventory (not your cart). Then use the necessary hammer for the weapon level you wish to create. Once you click OK (or press Enter) the hammer will be consumed even if you quit.
- A list of weapons you can forge will appear. Select the weapon you wish to create and continue.
- A second window will appear detailing which items will be used up by the forging attempt. There are also 3 slots to place an Elemental Stone and/or Star Crumbs.
- Drag and drop the extra materials from your inventory to the slots to add them to the weapon. Even if the forging attempt fails the items on the list as well as those in the slots will be consumed.
- If the forge is successful the newly created weapon will appear in your inventory.
Factors that Influence Success
Success Rate is decided by several factors. It should be noted that using forging slots decreases the success rates for forging attempts. An elemental stone takes off 20% and each Star Crumb takes off 15%.
Forging equipment can be bought from the Mechanic Supply Dealer at the Item Mall.
Anvils are used to increase the chance to succeed at forging.
- Oridecon Anvil
- Golden Anvil
- Emperium Anvil
Hammers are used to create specific weapons. The higher grade hammers are used for better weapons.
- Iron Hammer - Used to forge Level 1 Weapons
- Golden Hammer - Used to forge Level 2 Weapons
- Oridecon Hammer - Used to forge Level 3 Weapons
Each point of DEX and LUK is believed to add a 0.1% chance to successfully forge weapons and is applied after taking other factors into account. In addition, each Job Level is believed to add a 0.2% chance to succeed. Forging Equipment, Skills, DEX, LUK and Job Level, as well as Weaponry Research and Oridecon Research. The Research skills also affect the kinds of weapons that are available to forge.
For Forgers there is a system in which players are ranked based on who can make the most weapons.
- Rank Point +1: For upgrading a Level 1 weapon that the player has forged to +10.
- Rank Point +10: For successfully creating a Level 3 weapon that contains 3 stones (either 2 and an Elemental Stone, or three Star Crumbs).
- Rank Point +25: For upgrading a Level 2 weapon that you have forged to +10.
- Rank Point +1000: For upgrading a Level 3 weapon that you have forged to +10.
Item Look & Feel
- When a weapon is forged successfully, its name will have the forger's name attached.
- Yeef's Sword
- Normally the forger's name will appear in blue. However, if the character that forged the weapon has been deleted, the forger's name is lost, and the weapons becomes Nameless.
- Nameless's Sword
- When imbued with an element, the name of the element will appear before the weapon's name and after the forger's name.
- Yeef's Fire Sword
- When imbued with one or more Star Crumbs, the term 'Very' will appear before the forger's name for each Star Crumb used followed by 'Strong'.
- Very Very Very Strong Yeef's Sword
- When imbued with both an element and Star Crumbs, the weapon's name will follow the naming conventions in the following order: Star Crumbs, Forger's Name, Element, Weapon Name.
- Very Very Strong Yeef's Fire Sword
|Cards||Card Reference • Card Sets|
|Consumables||Food • Potions • Scrolls|
|Ingredients||Dye Ingredients • Juice Ingredients • Potion Ingredients • Useful Ingredients • Weapon Ingredients|
|Quests||Counteragent and Mixture Quest • Headgear Quests • Juice Quest|
|Item Creation Systems||Bomb Creation • Brewing • Cooking • Forging & Refining • Homunculus|
|NPCs||Costume Magician • Headgear Connoisseur • Istan's Workshop • Prontera Princess|