3 replies to this topic

#1 Mushie

Mushie

Chonchon

• Player
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:09 PM

Yes we have a quest window accessed via Alt+U but handy to self diagnose certain issues: 
1) Where do I go next on this quest?

2) Why is the NPC giving me this message instead of that message? (e.g. Sometimes in cookieRO some people got bugs where they skipped a huge chunk of Onwards to the New World quest (no collecting or talking to 5+ NPCs) and are suddenly directed to the end part of the quest where they have to kill mobsters)

3) My quest window isn't updating on where I should go.
4) My quest doesn't get added to the quest window, I checked all the tabs too with regards to killing those 10 porings!!

#2 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

Quest system in RO sucks. The majority of quest never got added to quest log support, so most of them simply won't get there.

We can try to rework on it, and we'll do, but right now it's not really that usefull =\

#3 Mushie

Mushie

Chonchon

• Player
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:09 PM

I noticed that the rAthena (used to be called eAthena) custom language to make NPCs no longer requires set to change values of variables since r15982.
I remember looking through so many quest npc files full of lines that resemble the below.
set <quest variable>, <value>;

#4 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:38 PM

quest variables are not used by quest log system, there's another set of commands for those (that also changed recently), and it's setquest, checkquest and such.

Set is an universal command for setting variables, that can be used for quest tracking too, but not the one in quest log interface (alt + u).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users