23 replies to this topic

#1 Ken

Ken

Dark Knight

• Player
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAincrad

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:10 AM

I was wondering if we could have some automatic events  like Dice and a Devil Square kinda or like in my previous server it was named Survival Arena and the players would gather there making parties to endure the 5 rounds, the mobs wouldn't drop anything but if you succeed and survive the whole event you gain either cash or special tokens for other purposes. It could be access to hat shops or special rewards when you get a certain amount.

Survival Arena on my server it was for lvl 50 - 99 "Easy Mode"

from 100 - 150 "Hard Mode"

175 "Extreme Mode"

Harder modes obviously would give you more rewards than the easy ones.

Well now i wouldn't know if  this one could be considered but a party warp npc that is restricted only for Woe maps and PvP & MvP this option was cool back then.

Housing System? It's always great for people we like to role inside the game to have something like this  it gives more taste to the game *nods*  I already mentioned this on one of my posts but just to make sure in case Ritker didn't see it i place it once again on the new thread.

Old Rune Knight sprite geez i would totally love this one but in the worst case i'll just deal with the actual one xD

That would be all for now.

Edit : The rewards could be Field Manuals 25% and Bubble Gum with a considerable high amount of points too *nods*

Edited by Ken, 22 October 2014 - 03:14 AM.

#2 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:50 AM

Automated events are in the list of things to add.

• Gionelles likes this

#3 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:18 AM

Stuff about suggestions 'n' shit.

Survival Arena: Here's an idea, what if there was that, but more ? Think of a Roman Coliseum for a moment. There's party fights, there's solo fights, and there's tests of endurance and valor. Rewards for having a party partake in any combat-orientated event could be dependent on the number of people there (increase the monsters according to party size, and reward each member of the party evenly and directly). That being said I do NOT think the reward in this case should be money or event points (assuming AesirRO develops an event system). Why? Because 90% of the time, event points are represented by etc items (so your characters can trade them between characters - which is awesome - ). That's a good thing, but not when you can alt 10 accounts to abuse the system (which all scrubs do). Though... if you were to implement a system that only allowed one character from any given IP address to be in the party entering the event, this hypothetical issue could be mostly solved, and thus, you'd have one hell of a fun and versatile event.

Other events like hunting missions would be cool too - or an event where you get to duel another player, and each player makes a bet (likely would have to be a GM hosted event). Of course, PvP events are pretty irrelevant with Battlegrounds and WoE, but meh.

There's a lot of awesome event ideas out there in the internet, from red-light, green-light, to racing events, so I'll just mention a few ideas.

Spoiler

As for the old Rune Knight sprite, I still think it'd be nice to have, so there's that.

As for rewards for doing events 'n' stuff, I feel there should be tradeable etc items that represent event points.

Edited by Gionelles, 22 October 2014 - 04:19 AM.

• Mushie likes this

#4 Ken

Ken

Dark Knight

• Player
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAincrad

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:18 AM

Very interesting.. o.o  I hope Ritker do add indeed some of these events hehe.

About the IP lock is a good idea to prevent abuse on the event *nods in agreement*

#5 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:29 AM

Gio so mad. Lol.

#6 Mushie

Mushie

Chonchon

• Player
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

http://acro.pbworks....41602/Onslaught

This is also a nice event to host but needs high level of source coding and readjustments for 3rd class.

MVPs:
I read on another thread in this forum about Gfist-->tp-->healer npc abuse.  

1) It's hard to give them the recover to full hp after they have been unengaged and still alive from a GFist due to their teleporting nature.  Recent MMORPGs already allows their mobs to recover to full hp after the mob is unengaged and defeated a player/party.
or

2) Want to make all classes involved in MVPing? Introduce PVP in MVPing/boss maps! MVP is still FFA.

Cons: Bad idea for ppl hunting/farming other mobs in that particular map

___
Server announce boss kills (or if that lags you too much then put a sign up in prontera about the boss being killed by this player on this date/time)

#7 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:41 PM

http://acro.pbworks....41602/Onslaught

This is also a nice event to host but needs high level of source coding and readjustments for 3rd class.

MVPs:
I read on another thread in this forum about Gfist-->tp-->healer npc abuse.  

1) It's hard to give them the recover to full hp after they have been unengaged and still alive from a GFist due to their teleporting nature.  Recent MMORPGs already allows their mobs to recover to full hp after the mob is unengaged and defeated a player/party.
or

2) Want to make all classes involved in MVPing? Introduce PVP in MVPing/boss maps! MVP is still FFA.

Cons: Bad idea for ppl hunting/farming other mobs in that particular map

___
Server announce boss kills (or if that lags you too much then put a sign up in prontera about the boss being killed by this player on this date/time)

Better idea: Make a pvp arena that has mvps as an event.

#8 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:42 PM

Gio so mad. Lol.

Oh yea. Almost as mad as ur dik.

#9 NamiTheKat

NamiTheKat

IceMaiden

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLowly sinners,as each we are, Aspire to the domed heav'ns. Fickle fate points beyond, Where a supine city beckons!

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

Very interesting.. o.o  I hope Ritker do add indeed some of these events hehe.

About the IP lock is a good idea to prevent abuse on the event *nods in agreement*

Looking forward  for unique & fun events in future... :)

#10 Mushie

Mushie

Chonchon

• Player
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:29 PM

Event suggestion:
Kill the VIP.
Population size: At least 8 per team.
PVP event. Two leaders are chosen and they pick the remaining players participating in a round robin style. A player from each team will be chosen as the VIP and only the GMs would know.
The two teams would fight in a decently sized arena, e.g. KVM, and starting their spawning opposite each other.
The match ends when one team kills the other team's VIP thereby winning the match.

Tactics:
Since it was a round-robin selection the teams should be roughly equal more so than by random selection like in KVM. The VIP is usually a tank or someone with cloaking abilities or someone who is just really hard to kill ie a shadow chaser. It can be a sura snapping and pneumaing around.
Why a small arena type map? We don't want to give the hiders a huge advantage such that a whole team would be continuously spamming boxes of sunlight.
RGs may put devotion on the VIP (or to give the impression of a fake VIP to confuse the other team of whom they should kill).
Modifications:
1) Should non-VIP players be allowed to respawn with full hp/sp if they die since this might turn into a generic pvp match if one side simply dominates the other?
2) Rewards should be...?
  • Psor and Gionelles like this

#11 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:32 PM

best event, make me play ro

• xhiii likes this

#12 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:21 AM

Mushie's idea sounds fantastic. Do it.

#13 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

+1 for VIP though it would make not only good event but good BG mode.

Also regarding any team balance, no matter if it's event or BG: if you'd assign each class to certain tier "like offensive A", "offensive B", "support A", "support B" etc based on class offensive/supporting potential (or just create ranking of classes by their potential) you could create pretty decent balance. Lets say that sura and RG are in 'OA' group (offensive A) because they're one of the best offensive classes, RK and ranger are in OB because they're worse, maestro and chaser in SA because their buffs/debuffs hive huge advantage and AB and sorc in SB. Low lets say we have 2 RGs, 1 sura, 2 RKs, 2 chasers, 1 maestro, 1 sorc and 1 AB.

Pick tier OA

RG > team 1

RG > team 2

sura > team 1

Pick OB

RK > team 2

RK > team 1

Pick SA

chaser > team 2

chaser > team 1

maestro > team 2

Pick SB

sorc > team 1

AB > team 2

Team 1:

RG

Sura

RK

chaser

sorc

Team 2:

RG

RK

chaser

maestro

AB

If there's even number of classes with the same potential then there's no problem. If there's odd number, if first team will get advantage in one tier then second team will get advanatge in next tier. That's why it's important to check tiers/classes by increasing/decreasing potential.

• Krabs, Gionelles and Mushie like this

#14 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:19 PM

kinda hard to balance stuffs since most of us goes with unconventional build

• Hammertime likes this

#15 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:23 PM

Thats the point. If everything was really equal and the same there would be just draws. Balance is when boths sides have just the same potential. Seeing who uses it better is the reason we have competition.

#16 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

rg goes for pure offense build, battle maestro ie essentials is a joke but effective, battle sc like black, imbalance arrowstorm with unlimit + ft, op offensive gen, offensive ab ie maycha, 1 hitting hundred spear of rk, idk mang i  feel support build/classes doesnt exist on bg, except for dispel and some shits, and also earth strain kinda gib a fuck to other peeps but yeah mostly pinoys goes full offense gx/rg so idk bg still a slug fest

#17 Hammertime

Hammertime

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

+1 to Psor. RG isn't OA though but I get the idea something based on tier. Also in your scenario the second team would get obliterated. From what I have seen i would rather group the classes by what they do best instead of thinking about which class is better at something than the other. If you draw by difference you will kind of get the same teams alot of the time. You kind of want simple groups for all classes. 

OA: Genetic, Guillotine Cross, Sura (single target dps classes)                                               SA: Archbishop, Royal Guard (support)
OB: Rune Knight, Warlock, Mechanic (AOE type dps)                                                              SB: Wanderer, Minstrel (both support and debuffer)
        Ranger                                                                                                                              SC: Shadow Chaser, Sorceror, Kagero/Oboro (focusses mostly on debuffing)

Not sure what Ranger is now as it's aoe damage is heavily nerfed under woe mechanics. It seems very bad. I guess i would still put it in OB. It wouldn't be played much anyway so it wouldn't be a problem. Not so sure about Mechanic, since it's great support as well.

You could see OA also jack of all trades tier. They can do most of the other roles pretty well to some extent (to some extent disabling/debuffing). SB and SC could be added to one group maybe since 5 groups seem to many. The basics is balancing offence and support on both sides. I do think random has some charm as well.

Edited by Cenel, 28 October 2014 - 04:26 PM.

• Krabs likes this

#18 padkoto

padkoto

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:22 PM

Did you not ever see how disgusting lexi was in bg with full support rg? Being on his team was easy 5 badge life. Maestro/wand were rarely any good in bg, but being allowed to keep links in bg here might make them viable in the shorter bg maps. I doubt I'd agree with your tiers Psor, but that's a lot less important than good teamwork anyway. I'm all for pvp events and this VIP sounds like a good one.

-edit-
Like the groupings above. Rangers are probably not going to be aoe killers and will mostly go trap/aspd like Angelina used to in bg.

Edited by padkoto, 28 October 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#19 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:38 PM

Well, that was just example. And to be honest I'm still not sure what would be better, class ranking or tier list. The scheme of team 1/2/1/2/1/2 would be the same but instead of picking tier by tier script would be picking class by class.

Edited by Psor, 28 October 2014 - 05:38 PM.

#20 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:07 PM

Did you not ever see how disgusting lexi was in bg with full support rg? Being on his team was easy 5 badge life. Maestro/wand were rarely any good in bg, but being allowed to keep links in bg here might make them viable in the shorter bg maps. I doubt I'd agree with your tiers Psor, but that's a lot less important than good teamwork anyway. I'm all for pvp events and this VIP sounds like a good one.

-edit-
Like the groupings above. Rangers are probably not going to be aoe killers and will mostly go trap/aspd like Angelina used to in bg.

depends if warg ignores everything, and fire trap works as pre-patched renewal then its viable, aoe if with broken unlimit + full throttle then viable other than that...ranger stuck on wilderness, 

@psor well sometimes even if the classes are balance but the players are not, then its still useless #scrubs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users