• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Thoth

Thoth

The Luned One

• Player
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:42 AM

the "player of the month" or "guild of the month" things on a site, and on many RO server sites, are terrible. whether intended or not it creates an aura of favoritism, as if the gm magically chose one of his friends to be on the webpage. just seeing that on the front page has powerful negative effect. that one person feel better while everyone else gets pissed off.

if the intent is some kind of pvp ranking, there are far better ways to do it. 1st, 2nd, 3rd place... at least make it clear how someone might get their own name on the rank, so people do not assume GM favoritism. because thats what potm/gotm always looks like.

#2 Byte

Byte

Puppetmaster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:14 AM

i agree because the potm would only be me, how boring would that be

#3 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:22 AM

We still haven't decided what it's going to be based on and if it's going to stay at all.

The idea was to base it on overall PvP and PvM performance (not just kills), stuff like K/D ratio (partially party shared and also applying to WoE guild ranking), clearing endgame content, winning events, etc. It's going to be quite a lot of work to figure out and implement this feature so we are leaving it for later.

#4 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:46 AM

i agree because the potm would only be me, how boring would that be

Dont be delusional. We all know its gonna be me.

@thoth. Nice name.

#5 Thoth

Thoth

The Luned One

• Player
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:23 AM

@thoth. Nice name.

oh? have you read my book?

you guys can be player of the month. 

I'll be guild of the month with my 20 homunculus/mercenary multiclients.

#6 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Kuruma

• Player
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:23 AM

I actually kind of like the feature. Maybe even a poll for the player of the month, with the whole server voting on it or something. Though that might turn a bit into a popularity contest.

Guild of the month could just be the guild that won the most often during the set month, and to be fair, unless said guild was a zerg guild with 40+ players, it'd probably make sense the player of the month be from that specific guild as well.

Edited by Outsideheaven, 24 September 2014 - 06:27 AM.

#7 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:15 AM

We still haven't decided what it's going to be based on and if it's going to stay at all.

The idea was to base it on overall PvP and PvM performance (not just kills), stuff like K/D ratio (partially party shared and also applying to WoE guild ranking), clearing endgame content, winning events, etc. It's going to be quite a lot of work to figure out and implement this feature so we are leaving it for later.

What Terp said :)

The idea is to make an actual working Rank system, not just a retarded kill/death counter. It would affect Pvp and Pve fields as well, and I can't say anything more at the point where we're now, but this is just the base for a much bigger project I have for the future, that will involve a monthly event.

Favoritism won't be possible, as there will be a ladder with everyone points that you can check out, so you'll be able to actually keep track of every progress. (also, if this is a bad thing, you should reconsider having ranks for alchemist and such, since "GMs" could still modify that to put on top 10 whoever they wants).

• Syncope likes this

#8 Hammertime

Hammertime

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

Honestly no1 cares for potm or gotm. I'm sure Gm's have more important matters to spend their time on.

#9 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:34 PM

Actually lot of people do. Things like these always caused some sort of abuse to get to the 1st place. I remember someone spamming first aid or some other shitty skill in WoE when there were no enemies around just to boost his skill usage in WoE ranking (supports were judged by used skills, deaths and outpotted dmg).

#10 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Kuruma

• Player
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:25 AM

I know I'm going to go out of my way to be on the front page every month. :^)

• Wrestlemania likes this

#11 Wrestlemania

Wrestlemania

Chonchon

• Player
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

I know I'm going to go out of my way to be on the front page every month. :^)

cuz ur not niche, ur not good in pvp, you SUCKKzZ

upvoted

• Sephiran5 likes this

#12 Maycha

Maycha

Hostess with the Mostess

• Player
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

Good thing it's not a popularity contest, hmm?

Otherwise, Maycha's name would never leave the front page!

• Rueska likes this

#13 NamiTheKat

NamiTheKat

IceMaiden

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLowly sinners,as each we are, Aspire to the domed heav'ns. Fickle fate points beyond, Where a supine city beckons!

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:29 PM

well lets have pvp & pvm based guild or player ranking separate!! Obviously not all guilds or players going to join woe based guild!! 

Let players get involved in doing some kind of community service in game and forums and conduct a poll!??? 

Example Ranking for PVM 

Social Butterly

Richiest Guy/Girl in Sever

Solid Banker 

PVP  

Blitz Wrecker

Popular Newbie

Noodle

Ok this just suggestion... Comments and ideas are welcome, pls no rude or trash talk!!!!!

Edited by NamiTheKat, 26 September 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#14 NamiTheKat

NamiTheKat

IceMaiden

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLowly sinners,as each we are, Aspire to the domed heav'ns. Fickle fate points beyond, Where a supine city beckons!

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:14 AM

hay say some thing about titles or idea i suggested. Pls no trash or rude talk.......!!! 

#15 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:52 AM

If we actually go ahead and work on this, it will be based on actual gameplay, not idling in Prontera and hoarding zeny. Also, we don't want to separate the PvP and PvM aspects in any way since that causes the downfall of MMOs.

#16 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:40 AM

What about the tanker? How does he get points?

#17 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:11 AM

I'd like to see a ranking system superior to that of the (for example) /taekwon ranking system (still useless because taekwon boys and girls can't get to level 175 like THEY SHOULD!), but who's to say someone like me won't just abuse mobbing skill and kill 100,000 scarabs per day, tank for every MVP and ET party out there, and then participate in the most successful guild's WoE? Is there a reward or temporary benefit for being the Player or Guild of the Month? Will events be related to the potential Players and Guilds of the month? Is the Player of the Month character or account bound?

Of course, anyone on this forum could come up with a whole wall of questions relating this potential implementation. As for right now, I'm just going to sit back and see how the idea develops. Should more controversial ideas arise, I'll offer my opinion. For now, if I had to choose a side, I'd say don't remove the Player of the month system, but remove the Guild of the Month system. We have WoE for that. Buff WoE castle rewards instead of starting something new related to guilds. Player of the Month on the other hand, while 99% of the time I think it's a bad idea on other servers, could be turned into a fun, competitive, and rewarding system, based on how creative and intuitive the developers can be with it.

I don't like the idea of Player of the Month because of it's bad history on other servers. However, I'm never one to turn down something that could have potential.

Edited by Gionelles, 09 November 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#18 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:54 AM

I'd like to see a ranking system superior to that of the (for example) /taekwon ranking system (still useless because taekwon boys and girls can't get to level 175 like THEY SHOULD!), but who's to say someone like me won't just abuse mobbing skill and kill 100,000 scarabs per day, tank for every MVP and ET party out there, and then participate in the most successful guild's WoE? Is there a reward or temporary benefit for being the Player or Guild of the Month? Will events be related to the potential Players and Guilds of the month? Is the Player of the Month character or account bound?

Of course, anyone on this forum could come up with a whole wall of questions relating this potential implementation. As for right now, I'm just going to sit back and see how the idea develops. Should more controversial ideas arise, I'll offer my opinion. For now, if I had to choose a side, I'd say don't remove the Player of the month system, but remove the Guild of the Month system. We have WoE for that. Buff WoE castle rewards instead of starting something new related to guilds. Player of the Month on the other hand, while 99% of the time I think it's a bad idea on other servers, could be turned into a fun, competitive, and rewarding system, based on how creative and intuitive the developers can be with it.

I don't like the idea of Player of the Month because of it's bad history on other servers. However, I'm never one to turn down something that could have potential.

I agree to the GOTM idea, and there is always a way to abuse POTM.

PVP:  1. People helping someone by letting them kill them a bunch of times

2. Some people don't take PVP that seriously

PVM: Let me just mob a bunch of weak monsters and kill thousands.

Skill Usage: First Aid Spam

Money: Generally the same person always has the highest amount

Tanking: Let me just stand by this weak aggro mob

Need I continue?

Edited by makinbacon, 09 November 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#19 Mushie

Mushie

Chonchon

• Player
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

A top 100 characters on most zeny would be nice.  
*Snuffs out all the people hoarding zeny into their level 20 merchant alts*

PVE: By exp wise hmm...

MVP: Rather a point system then reset that every month.  Weak MVPs: 1 point.  Medium difficulty:3 points.  High tier MVPs: 5~10 points. Seems hard to categorize them but let's start off with GTB and Phreeoni being counted as 1 point.  Feels daring to put some of these maps to PVP on but let's leave that alone for FFA.  

/alchemist: Doesn't that ever reset every 3 months?

PVP: I rather determine it through group PVP events where people are leveled, geared and serious.

#20 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

BEST IDEA EVER GUIZ! LETS BASE POTM ON  HOW MANY HATS YOUR CHARACTER HAS!

• Rueska likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users