*Points at Psor*

#62 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:50 PM

I knew you're all wet and all after reading my walls of text full of wisdom and awesomeness and crave me to cockslap you Gio, but cockslapping isn't that pleasant. I can pull your hair, arms, slap your butt and whisper some nasty shit into your ear though. Or pin you down to the ground or a wall.

btw, whats your experience with playing with RO guts? I see you've got dev position.

#63 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:59 PM

1: Good luck pinning me down.

2: I don't understand your question.

3: I enjoy debating with walls of text, but the moment you pass your own wall of text off as "nothing but knowledge," you've trashed your own credibility.

#64 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:03 AM

I meant if you were dev for some server before, had your own 'home-test-server' or something, or are programmer in your job/whatever you do irl, or have some knowledge about this kind of shit.

Also wisdom != knowledge.

Edited by Psor, 11 November 2014 - 12:06 AM.

#65 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:07 AM

In general, I program just for fun, but I haven't messed with a test server for a few years. I was also a GM back before RE emulation happened, so I just figured I'd rather try out being a full Dev instead of a full Player for a while.

I'm rusty, but I'll catch up within a few weeks or so.

#66 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:08 AM

Show me your work. I want to see how advanced it is. And maybe I'll learn something.

#67 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:14 AM

You'll get to see my work as the server develops. How's that?

#68 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:18 AM

No. If you won't quit/get kicked out then I'll see this anyway. I want to see your 'home projects'. No worries, I'm not doing it to laugh at you or question you about stuff (unless you want it). It's more to test myself.

#69 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:22 AM

"If you won't quit/get kicked out"

Lol now you're definitely not getting any of my home projects.
=P

#70 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:23 AM

And why is that?

#71 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:26 AM

Rude psor is so rude. GTFO. I'll eat your trachea.  :ph34r: 

#72 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:27 AM

And how was that rude?

• Gionelles likes this

#73 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:33 AM

It wasn't, but your picture is just so rude and disturbing. You existing is just so rude. Go back to Jupiter.  -_- 

#74 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:35 AM

I was serious this time.

#75 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:37 AM

Lol I know; just fucking with ya bud.

In any case, a lot of the old stuff I've worked on isn't on my computer (I got a new one a few months ago), and I'm a bit too lazy to go get some of my older stuff. In general though, it was mostly just messing around with putting javascript and python codes into html from scratch.

#76 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:42 AM

I'd be thankful (aka in debt) if you'd find some of it when you'll have some free time and feel like looking for it for me and sending me some.

What kind of 'codes'/scripts? Any examples?

#77 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:02 AM

Python: I used it a little when I was messing around with Autodesk Maya 2015 (custom scripts to make the model do custom things - very basic stuff), I've tried making a few minor games and such, and tried putting those into html scripts for test-websites (with only moderate success...). Other then that, it was mostly for testing frameworks and making/editing other minor applications. Honestly though, I don't like Python. It's weird. Buggs me.

Javascript: A few years back (2? 3?), I started messing around with it to make Minecraft mods (scrubby of me, I know), and then tried my hand at making mobile apps (just for fun). Most of all though, I found that it helped with using jQuerry on client-side websites the most, so that's a plus.

In general: I wasn't interested in making games, so much as I was interested in creating software (because screw being a script kitty). Also grey hat hacking reasons. I got bored a bit too early on though, and as never really made any impressive software. So I mean, I'm not the biggest Computer Science person, but I'm good enough to get by.

If anything, html is stupidly easy to code, and it's pretty useful when you can merge coding languages n stuff (dat jQuerry). Again though, most of what I did was just messing around to try and learn the syntaxes and purposes of any given coding language. In regards to examples: It's hard to give examples without my old projects and/or more specific questions.

As for coding Ragnarok, the biggest roadblock I'm facing now is re-learning the old and new syntax so that I can actually get to work on things. Like I said though, given a little bit of time, I should be able to start fixing things rather quickly (re-learning a syntax is really easy - especially when you have references and other people to ask quick questions - ).

Sorry that my response is a little un-specific, but meh. If I get some time, I'll see if I can find some of my old projects (hopefully they weren't destroyed with my old computer's crash <_<).

#78 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:20 AM

Why is minecraft modding scrubby?

Whats so bad about being script kitty?

What kind of software would be impressive for you?

Where this interest about software comes from? You finished/are in some IT specialized class or you're just being curious full amateur?

Thanks, I'll be looking foward to see your stuff.

#79 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:55 AM

-Minecraft modding is scrubby because it's easy, and Minecraft is a little boring.

- Being a script kitty limits people to only using software made by other people. Script kitties don't have an understanding of how coding in general works. I don't like that.

-Software that impresses me could be something like good auto-hacking software (IE not just something that tests for every number and letter combination up to a few characters in a password), high-grade VPN's (those cover up your real IP address with a fake one, and you usually have to pay for them) and encryption software, extremely complex games that require a lot of custom scripting for models to move and act a certain way, making an entire Operating System, importation and searching tools that don't suck (because software that goes deeper then your registry to edit stuff is epic), Software to make things interact with people (robots) in a vast myriad of ways is time consuming as hell to make, and also impresses me when done right, etc etc.

-My interest is mine and mine alone. I haven't taken any I.T. classes, but rather just learned on my own by looking things up and playing with coding languages. That's why I say that I know enough to get by; I can make intermediate level stuff from scratch, but I can't create stuff that I'd want to sell to the world. In any case, coding comprehension = the ability to edit anything about whatever you want most of the time, and I find the payoff from coding rewarding. I know it's unlikely for me; a feisty blonde to be into something as boring as programming and all, but still.  Most of my time growing up was spent on the computer anyways, so I just figured "why not learn how to make the applications and games that I love so much?" Thus, I started messing around with coding, and ended up being a GM once a long time ago (lol crazy to think I was a teenager back then). Thus, this is my second time being a GM, and It'll take a little while to brush off the 7ish years of not practicing Ragnarok code. If anything, my interest in coding could be articulated more so by the rewarding feeling of fixing something in-game correctly.

PS: I like steaks. They are yummy. Do not question me.

#80 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:14 AM

tumblr_n3jco2oKao1qcb22co1_500.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Eryx, Scias, Psor, Krabs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users