Photo

Server Features discussions and suggestions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
198 replies to this topic

#141 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:00 PM

I know theres only 2 people helping Rikter right now. Mike and Terp. Lets all be patient heh.

#142 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:38 PM

Kagerou/Oboro skills fixed, and..I'm almost done with Elemental Spirits too! :D

#143 Randfeon

Randfeon

Chonchon

• Player
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

Is Malaya going to be in the server? The place and its dungeon seem pretty interesting, and the cards from the monsters in there look neat.

#144 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:54 PM

Regarding leveling system... how is this any better than standard private server stuff (with exception of achievement system I give you huge + for because it's something pretty new)? It'll be still mission boards retardation and I don't see how it'll fix

Making classic grind hardly a thing after level 100
Turning MVP farm into the only relevant and viable option

?
I still see no incentive to form parties bigger than 2-3 people instead of soloing/2-3 maning everything, not finding MvPs as efficient as they currently are. The only things that change anything are abolishment of exp penalties for lvl difference (which gets rid of annoying shit and that's why I'm glad you did it, but doesn't fix any of problems listed by you, nor improves efficiency of exp or gets rid of weariness) and achievements (which, if will be visible somewhere or even taken into some kind of ranking will surely be fun because of lot of dick waving), the rest is just shitty repetitive quests (I just hope you'll add some unusual places to add some variety to usual Orc Dung > Glast Heim/Turtles > Magma > Juperos > Scaraba > Biolabs/Bifrost Tower lvling scheme), custom shitty repetitive quests and old manuals.

Where muh teamplay and player interaction in MMO at?

#145 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:05 AM

Is Malaya going to be in the server? The place and its dungeon seem pretty interesting, and the cards from the monsters in there look neat.

Of course.

Regarding leveling system... how is this any better than standard private server stuff (with exception of achievement system I give you huge + for because it's something pretty new)? It'll be still mission boards retardation and I don't see how it'll fix

Making classic grind hardly a thing after level 100
Turning MVP farm into the only relevant and viable option

?
I still see no incentive to form parties bigger than 2-3 people instead of soloing/2-3 maning everything, not finding MvPs as efficient as they currently are. The only things that change anything are abolishment of exp penalties for lvl difference (which gets rid of annoying shit and that's why I'm glad you did it, but doesn't fix any of problems listed by you, nor improves efficiency of exp or gets rid of weariness) and achievements (which, if will be visible somewhere or even taken into some kind of ranking will surely be fun because of lot of dick waving), the rest is just shitty repetitive quests (I just hope you'll add some unusual places to add some variety to usual Orc Dung > Glast Heim/Turtles > Magma > Juperos > Scaraba > Biolabs/Bifrost Tower lvling scheme), custom shitty repetitive quests and old manuals.

Where muh teamplay and player interaction in MMO at?

People aren't making bigger parties because there's no need for it. This is how the game works and there's nothing we can do about it, small parties that play well will always be the preferred option, which only makes sense since most don't want to bring dead weight. That's why boosting party bonus exp only brings more issues and either way, nothing is stopping you from fully filling your parties.

As for MVPs, they are still the most efficient option, we haven't touched them. Like I already stated in that announcement, the intention is to give more viable leveling options, preventing stagnation, not to magically turn the game into something else.

#146 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:26 PM

the intention is to give more viable leveling options, preventing stagnation

And where are those options? All I see is just boost to board repeatable quests. This doesn't get rid of boredom and stagnation. Main flaw of this whole idea is that you claim increased rates aren't fixing problem and it's retarded that MvPs are the only viable lvling option on high lvl (which isn't true btw), then introduce changes that change almost nothing and say it'll fix the problem. These changes have the same effect as increased rates for everything except MvPs and monsters impossible to find on mission boards (unless there will be achievements including hunting MvPs and these monsters, then it's basically increasing rates without increasing rates).

#147 Randfeon

Randfeon

Chonchon

• Player
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:36 AM

Well this is still RO, so I doubt it's possible to completely avoid boredom and stagnation after some point.

#148 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:50 AM

the intention is to give more viable leveling options, preventing stagnation

And where are those options? All I see is just boost to board repeatable quests. This doesn't get rid of boredom and stagnation. Main flaw of this whole idea is that you claim increased rates aren't fixing problem and it's retarded that MvPs are the only viable lvling option on high lvl (which isn't true btw), then introduce changes that change almost nothing and say it'll fix the problem. These changes have the same effect as increased rates for everything except MvPs and monsters impossible to find on mission boards (unless there will be achievements including hunting MvPs and these monsters, then it's basically increasing rates without increasing rates).

I don't feel like explaining everything all over again so I invite you to read the announcement once more.

Besides, what do you suggest to deal with all these issues in a subtle yet effective way? You seem to have unrealistic expectations or a different game in mind.

#149 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:34 AM

He doesnt have anything to do, really.

#150 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:06 PM

I don't feel like explaining everything all over again so I invite you to read the announcement once more.

Besides, what do you suggest to deal with all these issues in a subtle yet effective way? You seem to have unrealistic expectations or a different game in mind.

I think you should read your own annoucement once more because it doesn't explain anything I asked you about (with exception of that post above about parties).

iirc besides party system I also suggested lvling in PvP/BG/WoE, alo it's possible to get some exp from events. That "player interaction" I mentioned above wasn't only partying.
Also it's possible to implement fucktons of things, it just needs scaling you should be able to comprehend because that's what boosting eden quests inetad of boosting rates does. According to your post the main problem here is that some ways of lvling are much more effective than others (in this case MvPs are much more efficient than grind) so it's about balance (or rather lack of it) of exp/time+effort ratio between certain ways of lvling. As long as each way gives similar amount of exp per hour, it doesn't matter how many of ways you have. Ofc you don't want to make everything the same but reducing the gaps is pretty good solution.
And besides, my main complaint is that your post states that

Our intention is to provide more options

while there're no more options listed in the post. Boosting boards is hardly "more options" because it was always viable. As you've seen yourself, RO engines are mess and lack of a lot of content so many servers don't even have these boards above 99lvl and somehow they're hitting max lvl while not everyone is "idling in pront waiting for MvPs to spawn".

#151 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:08 AM

Leveling from PvP isn't going to happen since we won't separate PvP and PvE aspects of the game further. It's also something I can see you complaining about and asking to revert the change once people have realized that they can level by tagging along and doing nothing of value while ruining the PvP experience for others. PvP should exist for the sake of it, not for rewards and I'm sure you can agree.

EXP from events is already mentioned in the original announcement, look under the mission board section.

As for options, let's make a quick recap once again:

1. Removal of EXP penalties while keeping the EXP bonus.

2. Mission board and consequent staff guided leveling events.

3. Eden Group board expanded.

4. Achievements that give exp.

5. Increased availability of EXP manuals (both for base and job EXP as well as having multiple tiers of them) and consumable items that give a big chunk of EXP.

We could think of and implement some gimmicky systems, but are they really needed?

Anything else?

#152 Innomite

Innomite

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:41 PM

Regarding duration of stats foods.

Will +20 foods last 10 minutes like they used to in ol' Cookie or we're sticking to officials where they last only 5?

---

I was also thinking of increasing the duration of "homemade" +1 to +10 foods (with an exception on Lunakaligo's food drops) and to make them not wear off upon death, just like cash shop ones. This is to make Cookbooks valuable again. This way if you ever put +10 food boxes in Cash Shop (which won't vanish upon death, but only once duration ends) non-donors will also get the chance of getting the same "kind" of stats foods without spending money but by hunting mats for such foods (of course with the required cookbook level)

Edited by Innomite, 07 October 2014 - 07:43 PM.

#153 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:42 AM

To make them not wear off upon death would mean that cash shop foods being in cash shop is useless cause then everyone would just buy from someone who has level 10 cook book.

I say make them wear off upon death but yeah increase the duration. Put cash shop food on cash shop but they shouldnt wear off upon death.

#154 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:59 PM

Genetic foods will last for 10min, we also want to buff some of their potions and eventually implement the missing ones (Mana+ and Full SwingK).

#155 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:41 PM

I guess I can give you guys a date:

Saturday 18th October server will open up for beta phase :)

In the beginning some things won't be in yet, but it will be pretty much ready. There are things that can be developed while server's up for testing too, and I'm reserving those for next weeks scheduled work.

You've been waiting enough for it to start, let's not delay it anymore :D

#156 Yano

Yano

The Calm

• Player
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:57 PM

i have read that you wanted to figure out a way to make regular grinding appealing. well because of eden quest and MVP's not being negated because of prerenewal. yo usaid you wanted to increase the lvl share range to 20-25. but on IRO it's already at 30.

#157 Maycha

Maycha

Hostess with the Mostess

• Player
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:56 AM

Hmhmhm~. So, are things going on schedule since the announcement?

#158 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:58 AM

Of course, but consider time zones.

#159 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

Almost ready! Just a few hours and we'll go live! :)

#160 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

I hope you won't forget to upload some client for download and enable account registration.