1 reply to this topic

#1 Zangion

Zangion

Chonchon

• Player
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:59 PM

-- IDEA --
So this is a thing that has already sort of been done, but I would like to encourage more of it. There are many cards in the game that will never be used - Not necessarily because they point in the wrong direction, but because they add stats, bonuses, and interactions that were made irrelevant by the Renewal system, and the changes to the associated stats, bonuses, and interactions.

Now, I don't mean all cards that will never ever be slotted, because we all know there are plenty of those, no matter how nuanced you want to get with it. I mean cards that you get from mobs which fit certain criteria. For example, the Apocalypse Card:

http://www.leika-ro....on=view&id=4242

Lets consider a few things about this card - Bonuses, Slot, Additional Requirement/Bonus, and Competitiveness. The bonus is +3 Vit, the slot is Armor, the AR/B is a whopping +9 for a relatively miniscule +1000HP, and the most similar card that Apocalypse is going to compete against is, of course, the Peco Peco card.

You can pretty much look at this card and determine that it's overall bonuses are flagging, even without the +9 requirement. Pre-Renewal, 1000HP and +3 vit was a pretty big deal in a lot of cases. As it stands, this is just a card to forget in the deep recesses of a Kafra Storage.

Lastly, I want to point to the difference in attainability between this card and it's main rival, the Peco Peco card. There is the obvious difference in difficulty between an Apocalypse and a Peco Peco, but lets also consider the difference in setting. Peco Peco are easily accessible and have no aggressive neighbors on their primary map, and any swordsman with a store-bought katana could go out and farm these with little to no problem. Apocalypse, on the other hand.. Well, it's Juperos. They may not be aggressive themselves, but the Venatu that inhabit their map are, and getting to the second floor can be annyoing as well.

This is just one example of many cards that I think are woefully stuck in an era gone by, destined to do little more than collect dust and make it more frustrating to search through a list of cards to find one you can make any real use of. Now, I know there are more important things to handle, and not all cards need to be buffed or reworked, but I think cards like this one could be tinkered with, to make competitive alternatives to other certain cards that monopolize certain aspects(HP in Armor Slot, in this case), or reworked entirely to add some cool interactions or effects that just don't exist. With a little imagination, I think the Apocalypse Card could have an effect that would make the lumbering juggernaut proud of the rare little paper bit it carries around.

-- WHY --
I think a little updating and/or imagination could lend some additional diversity to certain builds, classes, gear sets, or just general usefulness through cards without needing, though I'm not against it, re-inventing of the wheel.

-- BENEFITS --
Possibly expand builds, class interaction, make OCAs a little more exciting perhaps? At the very least, it could give people a reason to farm some relatively unused/untouched maps/mobs.

Edited by Zangion, 08 April 2021 - 11:01 PM.

#2 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:26 AM

Actually I was already in the process of remaking the useless old cards. It'll be out soon when I'm done with the item database revamp.

• Zangion likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users