4 replies to this topic

#1 godaime

godaime

Aspiring Grammar Nazi

• Player
  • 11 posts
  • LocationThe Philippines

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:38 PM

I'm having problems with the aesir patcher. Whenever I open the patcher, it re-downloads the patches that I already have, which means I have to patch it every time.

This has also made me unable to open multiple clients. When I open the patcher again, It stops patching and the error message says. "aero_lub.grf is in use."

I also cannot exit the 1st client after opening it, since the patcher will have the same error message afterwards. The only workaround is to reset my PC so that I can open 1 client again..

#2 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:06 PM

Problem lies with your Operating System permissions.

Patcher creates a file inside RO folder to keep track of its update progress. If it doesn't have permission to write files, that on is not created and it can't keep track of its own progress. Try running it as administrator an see if this solve the issue.

#3 godaime

godaime

Aspiring Grammar Nazi

• Player
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:26 PM

Strange... My PC only has one user account, so I don't need to run it as administrator. (there is no administrator option, only the default emachines12 username)

I was able to open 3 accounts simultaneously a few hours ago, and the patch was saved when I opened the 2nd and 3rd account. After closing the 2 of the 3 clients, then the problem arose, and the saved patch was undone, and had to patch every single time. . . .

Edited by godaime, 15 November 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#4 Randfeon

Randfeon

Chonchon

• Player
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:58 PM

Where is your RO folder? If it's somewhere close to Program Files, try putting it anywhere else (like C:\Games\RO or whatever if you're running any version of Windows).

Edited by Randfeon, 15 November 2014 - 11:58 PM.

#5 godaime

godaime

Aspiring Grammar Nazi

• Player
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:52 AM

Your right, my RO folder was inside Program Files. Moving it to another location worked wonders. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users