• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 choowkee

choowkee

Czulki

• Player
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:48 PM

Dunno if anything similar was suggested. 

Basically the idea is to add in a NPC that exchanges a set of items for newer/promotional headgears.

http://elariaro.com/...Headgear_Quests (disregard the quest itself, just refer to the headgear list).

http://woon-ro.com/w...Headgear_Quests

Aside from the listed misc items, each headgear would also require a special item dropped only from MVPs.

This would make some of the miscellaneous drops useful while also add more value to hunting low level MVPs.

So for instance, to create 5189.png Autumn Leaves  you would need:

The lists above are just an example of potential headgears and required items. There are also some "popular" hats missing like: I Love China, Well-chewed Pencil etc.

I have seen this kind of system/npc on other servers and it worked really well. It had a good impact on the economy since a lot of "useless" items entered the market.

• NamiTheKat likes this

#2 NamiTheKat

NamiTheKat

IceMaiden

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLowly sinners,as each we are, Aspire to the domed heav'ns. Fickle fate points beyond, Where a supine city beckons!

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:59 AM

@choowkee

I like the idea.

Well not only that, I am thinking of low level gears(monster dropped), cards can also be used.... Since monster dropped equips either sold to NPC seller or Rot in storage Or dropped on floor, same goes for low level cards. It will be nice idea to exchange them for some head gear quest...

Edited by NamiTheKat, 02 December 2014 - 04:08 AM.

#3 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:50 AM

We have Kawaii Coins in place for a reason, it's a currency that will always have value.

I would rather fix and correct headgears an add them in bulk to our kawaii coin vendor/achievements/missions/cash shop (which I already did) instead of spending days figuring out quest requirements that make sense and implementing them.

The number of headgears is also finite and most of them is already implemented, with the rest being reserved for future implementations and events.

As for the worthless MvP misc loot, there's already guild investment system in place.

#4 fish

fish

Stranger

• Player
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:52 AM

about kawaii coins from mvps, I have some questions

- do they only drop as mvp reward?

- do every mvp has them as mvp reward?

- what's the drop rate?

#5 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

about kawaii coins from mvps, I have some questions

- do they only drop as mvp reward?

- do every mvp has them as mvp reward?

- what's the drop rate?

Its an MVP reward, which quite frankly, I think is a bad idea. It should be as any other drop that can be shared so other party members have a chance of getting something for their work rather than the same Ranger and Sura hoarding them all.

#6 KradKazumi

KradKazumi

From the shadow rises the Choco Donut

• Player
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNifleheim

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:26 PM

What was said above me would be nice.. Everyone in the party who helped defeat a certain MVP should get Kawaii Bags I suppose.. Though, if having the Kawaii Bag as a drop of every other monsters is not possible, would it be better to have the drop rate be just 'dropped always' or something..?

Since it can only be dropped by MVP, I thought having it as a 100% MVP reward would be nice.. Then again, especially strong classes like Suras and such can just go ahead and kill plenty of MVPs in mere hours, if not minutes.. I'm just giving my suggestion.. Is it a good or bad idea..?

Edited by KradKazumi, 02 December 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#7 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

As far as I remember, I didn't code them as MvP reward, but as a regular drop.

#8 KradKazumi

KradKazumi

From the shadow rises the Choco Donut

• Player
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNifleheim

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

I actually meant 100% drop whenever an MVP is killed..  /ok  

If you meant it can be dropped by other monsters at a certain drop rate, then I haven't received one from monsters aside the MVPs from what I remember.. Maybe I was just so unlucky if that was the case..  /hmm 

#9 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

Kawaii Coins can be obtained from:

All normal mobs of level 124 and higher by a very low chance.

All MvPs, those drop bags containing an amount of coins based on the MvP level range, same goes for actual droprate.

Lockboxes (coin bags).

Exchanged for Aesir Coins/Points.

Automated events (soon).

Staff hosted events.

Certain Mission Board quests maybe.

#10 choowkee

choowkee

Czulki

• Player
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

We have Kawaii Coins in place for a reason, it's a currency that will always have value.

I would rather fix and correct headgears an add them in bulk to our kawaii coin vendor/achievements/missions/cash shop (which I already did) instead of spending days figuring out quest requirements that make sense and implementing them.

The number of headgears is also finite and most of them is already implemented, with the rest being reserved for future implementations and events.

As for the worthless MvP misc loot, there's already guild investment system in place.

Although I agree that figuring out item requirements for each headgear would take up some time, I still think its better than just tossing them into one NPC with a universal currency.

A lot of monsters drop "useless" items that have no purpose other than selling them to an NPC, and even then, many of them have low base prices.

Making their drops have some use [for headgears] would motivate players to visit fields/dungeons that normally they would never go to.

Just to give you another example: some servers have a quest for Well-Chewed Pencils which require 5 pencil cases. Pencil cases are only obtained from gift boxes/OBBs. This creates an interesting niche in the economy for these kind of items.

The idea is very basic but it introduces a nice change of pace.

At least consider it for future updates/different sets of headgears.

Edited by choowkee, 02 December 2014 - 06:28 PM.

#11 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:39 PM

Just to give you another example: some servers have a quest for Well-Chewed Pencils which require 5 pencil cases. Pencil cases are only obtained from gift boxes/OBBs. This creates an interesting niche in the economy for these kind of items.

The idea is very basic but it introduces a nice change of pace.

At least consider it for future updates/different sets of headgears.

I like this guy's idea, but I'm a lover of Quests for Hat, so probably my vote doesn't count. XD

#12 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:54 PM

As far as I remember, I didn't code them as MvP reward, but as a regular drop.

Me and Yano have went on a streak of killing several 100s of MVPs yet I never got any of the coins without MVPing (which happened only with TG and Gopi out of the long list of MVPs.) And when I have obtained coins it is listed after the MVP exp reward generally meaning an MVP drop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users