Photo

On server growth

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Kuruma

• Player
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:32 PM

I'm pretty excited about playing here, but I have a few concerns I'd like to voice out. 

Number one, I imagine advertising on RMS and other sites will be held off until we're out of beta?

Number two, the name of the server. I think I saw someone bring it up already, but with a .net domain and another RO server with the exact same name, are you guys dead set on keeping Aesir as the name of the server?

Number three, will there be a wipe after the server leaves beta, and if so, how long is the beta expected to last?

Number four, and this is me being dumb, I know the website is a work in progress, but having the acolyte and wizard look off to the left is really distracting. Shouldn't they be looking at the logo?

#2 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:29 PM

Some br server already took this server name. Lol

#3 Hammertime

Hammertime

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:56 PM

I'm concerned about custom effects of skills not being attractive to players. Also I'm hoping questing for basic area's isn't needed. I remember Velvet forcing everyone to do every quest for every area. Was a major turn off for some of the more casual players.

#4 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:27 PM

I'm pretty excited about playing here, but I have a few concerns I'd like to voice out. 

Number one, I imagine advertising on RMS and other sites will be held off until we're out of beta?

-Nope, I'll start advertising right away, as even the Vote 4 Point system needs testing.

Number two, the name of the server. I think I saw someone bring it up already, but with a .net domain and another RO server with the exact same name, are you guys dead set on keeping Aesir as the name of the server?
-Yes and I'm tired of repeatin myself. If you huys prefer I can register another domain with a redirect on this one, and call it "www.idontreallycaretheservername.ohyeahbaby".
Number three, will there be a wipe after the server leaves beta, and if so, how long is the beta expected to last?
-Yes, there will be.
Number four, and this is me being dumb, I know the website is a work in progress, but having the acolyte and wizard look off to the left is really distracting. Shouldn't they be looking at the logo?
-Actually yes, but they told me they hate the server name and refuse to look at it

One question for me: I find it that doing these kin of questions on a server that still has to be opened is quite arrogant. Do you realize that a private server is not democracy? Because I made a section for suggestions, made a topic to inform everyone about status and progress, and 90% of what I read are not suggestions, but "I want things to be this way" posts.

Suggestions -> welcome. Want-to topics -> Not welcome.

Even about possible customization and such, if you think it's a bad idea, it's ok. You're free to think whatever you want. You told me once. Roger. Message received.
I'm going ahead. Server will be as I decide it will be. You didn't spend anything on it yet, it's not late to change your mind if you don't like how things will be, and maybe find a better place. I can't satisfy everyone's needs and I don't expect to.

But please....please, stop the complaint already. Again, if you have suggestions and you can motivate them, I'll be pleased to reply to them. But I don't want to read selfish posts anymore.

#5 Sephiran5

Sephiran5

Chonchon

• Player
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

Personally I find it hard to see this topic as a "Want-to topic". This was posted on the Server Discussion thread, it was pretty much one of your upcoming players asking questions about how the server will come. He just wanted to see your thoughts on these subjects and even the other player's ideologies about them. In no way, shape, or form is this HEY DO THIS CAUSE ITS BAD. This was just to inform people about the decisions you were making.

#6 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Kuruma

• Player
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:38 PM

I'm sorry if it came off that way, I was honestly just wondering. I don't mean to complain, I'm just curious about these things. I don't feel like reading an unorganized 6 page topic scanning for things that seem relevant.

The only part I see as selfish is the thing about the banner having two characters looking away, and that's just because I'm a little into graphic design. If anything I'd argue I'm doing the opposite of being selfish, I really want the server to flourish so I was wondering about the thought process behind certain decisions. I'm not doubting them at all, I just wanted to better understand them.

Edited by Outsideheaven, 22 September 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#7 Wrestlemania

Wrestlemania

Chonchon

• Player
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:08 AM

Damn, dude. Don't you think you're coming off a little harsh? I know we might not have set the best precedence when we came here, but after that we've just brought up suggestions or even just idle thoughts that we haven't seen addressed, we're not trying to attack you. If somebody asks a repeat question you can just tell them "I've already talked about this here >link<" and call it a day.

#8 Innomite

Innomite

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:12 AM

All I can see from this thread are questions and suggestions, not complaints or orders, so...

Edited by Innomite, 23 September 2014 - 02:18 AM.

#9 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:39 AM

He's pretty burned out since he's fixing a mountain of shit nobody bothered to touch for years so don't pay too much heed.

Anyway, use the suggestions subforum if you want something changed, added or removed and don't forget to explain why do you think your idea is good.

#10 Wrestlemania

Wrestlemania

Chonchon

• Player
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:43 AM

mountain of shit nobody bothered to touch for years

So... Ragnarok?  :P

Edited by Wrestlemania, 23 September 2014 - 03:57 AM.

#11 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:37 AM

All I can see from this thread are questions and suggestions, not complaints or orders, so...

No need to reiterate.

#12 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

No need to reiterate.

No need to obliterate

#13 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:39 AM

No need to reiterate.

No need to obliterate

No need to commiserate.

#14 NamiTheKat

NamiTheKat

IceMaiden

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:56 AM

lets all take movement and try to appreciate all plus and minus of server and handwork people are putting

im not trying to be rude....  :P 

any way im tired of reading long long post...