• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:03 AM

There aren't any mentions in the rules about multiclienting in the automated events unless you count this: "Use common sense for anything not listed. If it seems like a bad idea, it's a bad idea.". I had to ask a GM to make sure that it's illegal. Thing is, it's obviously going to seem like a very good idea to some, and I saw someone in one of the events falsely observing that you could win every time by multiclienting. Maybe there could be a line clarifying this rule somewhere? Either on the Event Crier NPC, or on the site?

#2 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:46 AM

While I'm at it, how about voting on multiple accounts? I know both this and multiclienting on automated events would be difficult to regulate, but I'd still like to know the rules, and it'd be helpful if they were made clear on the main site or on the forum.

#3 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:56 PM

We obviously don't encourage either but there's not much that can be done other than tracking it down on  a personal basis.

Anyway, updated the rules to reflect that.

• neferefer likes this

#4 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

Thanks

Yeah I'm aware it would be difficult to enforce. I just wanted these rules to be enunciated for the sake of clarity I guess.

Could you add the voting on multiple accounts thing to the rules as well?

#5 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:18 PM

If the server works the same as other servers voting is IP specific which solves most problems.

Reducing the preparation time of those events could prevent alot of multiclienting but it would make people more rushed to get there before the warp closes so would be less fun for everyone.

#6 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:21 PM

Voting is IP locked and we also separated vote and donation points to mitigate this issue a bit.

#7 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:48 PM

Scias.

I agree that it would be more annoying to attend the events if the timer was too narrow. I wasn't suggesting any changes other than making the rule obvious on the site.

Terpsichore.

It's not very hard to work your way around an IP lock.

I'm requesting the written rule more out of principle than out of practicality. The lack of it could seem like an endorsement for multi-account voting, especially to anyone who doesn't read this specific thread. Even for those who see it, it might seem odd that multiclienting during events got officially listed as an illegal activity, but voting on multiple accounts did not.

Edited by neferefer, 30 December 2014 - 07:51 PM.

#8 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:16 PM

Issue is that there is a way to enforce it ingame since such things aren't hard to check but voting is a different issue, I could add voting to the rules for the sake of it I guess.

• neferefer likes this

#9 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

Aren't automated events supposed to be zeny sink? More alts = more zeny drained from the server. In the end as long as someone has 6 alts for poring race and 16 for dice event there's no difference in terms of spent cash/reward. It's all about statistics. For example in poring race the more you play, the closer you'll be to that 1 win per 6 tries. This means legit playing = 1/6. If you use 6 alts then you win always, but also you spend 6 times mroe cash so cash/reward ratio is still 1/6. The only thing that changes is amount of time per getting 1 hat.

In other words, if main point of auto-events is zeny sink then there's nothing bad in having up to 6 clients in poring race and 16 in dice event. You only abuse it when you have more than that.

#10 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:31 PM

True. Psor using statistics properly for once.

I forgot, it costs money to enter dice event?

#11 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:36 PM

Well, no, I forgot about it. Then only 'abusing' poring race with 6 clients doesn't matter. But hey, who has time to set up 16 alts for dice? I was doing events with just 2 accounts because I needed kaahi linker anyway and they're always both up. If I didn't play sorc I wouldn't even bother with launching another client every hour to win poring race. In other words decreasing time for joining is a good idea. 60-90 seconds seem enough. Right now it's like 3 minutes for poring race iirc.

#12 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

We already have a zenysink event, effect matching.

Poring race is pretty much free.

#13 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:43 PM

Issue is that there is a way to enforce it ingame since such things aren't hard to check but voting is a different issue, I could add voting to the rules for the sake of it I guess.

Well, no, I forgot about it. Then only 'abusing' poring race with 6 clients doesn't matter. But hey, who has time to set up 16 alts for dice? I was doing events with just 2 accounts because I needed kaahi linker anyway and they're always both up. If I didn't play sorc I wouldn't even bother with launching another client every hour to win poring race. In other words decreasing time for joining is a good idea. 60-90 seconds seem enough. Right now it's like 3 minutes for poring race iirc.

I could understand this argument if Poring Race cost 100 times what it costs now, but Terpsichore is right - it's basically free. The 10k is a token amount, there to make the game look like a gamble. The way I see it, a real zeny sink would cost more, have less cooldown, and give a smaller chance of winning something. The Dice and Poring events are flavourful, and take place rarely enough that you could only really consider them as something like a little reward for playtime. The system gives you a long-term goal to work towards. I think it cheapens the experience for others if people choose to multiclient.

Edited by neferefer, 30 December 2014 - 11:51 PM.

#14 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:58 AM

The thing is with multi Account voting by changing your IP is that it also helps the server.

Sure you generate more Spendable Cash Points over a longer period of time, but the server also amasses alot more Valid Votes. Since its a new IP its a legit vote and thus will count.

Ofc that only applies to people who actually do the captcha 'nd all, but that should be a given if you want to help out and not just leech. I saw another server enforcing this by checking it somehow if people actually voted and if they did not, they would remove all the vote points accumulated. xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users