2 replies to this topic

#1 padkoto

padkoto

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:52 AM

I've been told before that a Whitesmith with max job level has a flat +10% chance over the npc to refine a weapon (and armour here), but never bothered checking. I just had a look at the source code on rA (apparently updated to match kRO) and found:

per = status_get_refine_chance(ditem->wlv, (int)item->refine);
if( sd->class_&JOBL_THIRD )
per += 10;
else
per += (((signed int)sd->status.job_level)-50)/2

Does this means refine now works at Whitesmith levels for a Mechanic, and the rate increase is flat rather than multiplicative (for example, base refine rate of level 3 weapon at +5 is 60% to get to +6. A Mechanic or maxed Whitesmith would have a 70% chance, rather than a 66% one.)?

#2 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

Mechanic has the flat +10%, whitesmith has still the joblevel-depenant bonus (with a max of +10% at max joblevel). This is due to the fact that before being a mechanic, you've been a whitesmith, and would be dumb to re-reduce that amount you earned before :P

#3 padkoto

padkoto

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

Cool, thanks Rikter. It was job level dependent for Mechanic too on iRO and most pservers for ages. Breaking at safe levels with the skill huehueue. The rA change must have happened recently. So I'm right in thinking the refine rate for a level 3 wep with whitesmith is 70% (+6), 60% (+7), 30% (+8), 30% (+9), 30% (+10)?

Edited by padkoto, 29 September 2014 - 06:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users