18 replies to this topic

#1 Brulikrax

Brulikrax

Chonchon

• Player
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

Hello, I have few questions, is it possible to receive some honest answers from the LRO staff?

Q1: On a post Rikter wrote says: "Also be sure to update your kRo and kRoRE to fully remove the Xmas official patch!

(Especially those that gets annoyed by that HUGE sock in prontera!)", which exe files 

should I open in instal. dir.? By the way I do not have, at least visible such, kRo and kRoRE, oh, and I use full client. I've

never touched anything besides the setup and client exes. 

Q2: There is one really annoying issue this server has, that is a common one on TRo on higher levels (140+), there are no partys

at any level and you almost never see something written on #main. Is is so hard to be social and helpful to others?! 

Q3: What's the deal with this multi acconts from the same PC?!

Sincerely yours

Brulikrax

#2 Lyka

Lyka

Uwa~

• Player
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:17 PM

Update-Ragnarok.exe and Update-Renewal.exe

#3 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

1. You run Update-Renewal.exe and Update-Ragnarok.exe in your RO folder.

2. Try making a party yourself maybe? How people play isn't our business.

3. What do you mean?

#4 Brulikrax

Brulikrax

Chonchon

• Player
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:06 AM

Q3 - Is it normal to have more than one account per IP and if it's not then why there are people doing it, if they have 9 char slots?

#5 plsnoflamerino

plsnoflamerino

your friendly neighbourhood troll pls no copy pasterino

• Player
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

A: how to buff your char when everything is on 1 account?

• Rueska likes this

#6 Brulikrax

Brulikrax

Chonchon

• Player
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

Are you born yesterday?!
Please look at Q2.

#7 plsnoflamerino

plsnoflamerino

• Player
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:03 AM

i personally don't like to bother others for that. besides, not necessarily everyone would stop to buff another person. not everyone has to believe in the same things as you do. besides, go find a group of strangers who would provide you with perma bragi, sp song and a ton of other buffs for you whenever you would like.

were you born yesterday? so much ignorance.

Edited by plsnoflamerino, 11 January 2015 - 11:07 AM.

#8 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

Multiple accounts on Ragnarok has happened for about a decade now. Some people choose to play this way. This way they can buff themselves without needing other players. You, however, can choose not to play this way.

#9 Sky

Sky

Nero

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationThe Grande Theatre

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

To my knowledge dual clienting is allowed here, however you don't have to dual client if you don't wish to.  /ok

#10 Brulikrax

Brulikrax

Chonchon

• Player
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

You are puting it like I'm offencive or something. All I wanted was to point out that on this server the majority of people,
those I've met/saw/spoke to, play with multi accounts (more than 2-3 chars at a time). I understand that some lvl up
harder than others, but that doesn't mean there should be only one way to play here on Leika. Buffs could be administered
by other people and in a party. I joined, here, because there were promising signs for having fun together, not vice versa,
been alone almost ALL the time. Moreover this is supposed to be a MMO, no?

The following is a possible solution to Q2:
- placement of a system that detects parties (1 person per account and no less than 2);
- stimulation of party creation, for example the Prontera board quests could/may be converted to party only or something
  in the same order.

This is not a suggestion and it is related to the subject of our conversation.

I can only hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

#11 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

You may disregard any provocative or ad-hominem comments and read my, Skys and Terps answers.

Personally I've found it even harder to play alone without a party asking me to join, or finding a party I would like to join. That's a good thing. Personal anecdotes don't reflect an actual system or policy.

I understand what you are saying though, sometimes you can be unlucky and not find any applicable parties at the time. It's worth remembering the share range is 30 levels.

Edited by Scias, 11 January 2015 - 07:45 PM.

#12 plsnoflamerino

plsnoflamerino

• Player
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:47 AM

maybe if you had removed "are you born yesterday" and phrased your post differently, it wouldn't have been offensive.  personally, i haven't had luck finding any groups thus far and i feel it's partly because it's still a new and small server at this point. it's not something that can be changed instantly though, but people will have to manage or find another way around it in the end.

#13 plsnoflamerino

plsnoflamerino

• Player
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:29 AM

build may not be an issue as long as people are willing to play as a team member. resets are free up to base level 130. besides, resets aren't that expensive as well. usually players who are pretty adamant about their build would have trouble finding parties as well. it's a give and take if you ask me.

#14 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:59 AM

There's actually a lot of parties going on. You're not looking harder.

#15 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

There's actually a lot of parties going on. You're not looking harder.

bets helper 2015

• Mayie and Rueska like this

#16 ViniciusZ

ViniciusZ

Vinni!

• Player
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:23 PM

Try making a party yourself maybe? How people play isn't our business.

So increase the MvP's HP to ppl make party is totally according w/ this, right?

#17 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

Promoting teamplay should be the goal of any MMO, but not through intrusive means (such as forced parties) but rather through content.

By making content both more challenging as well as rewarding, players are more compelled to form groups.

MvPs are both more harder and give a whole lot more EXP, some also have improved loot. Which is way better than having a dozen of MvPs that drop in one hit and give no EXP, only being killed for the faint chance of obtaining the card.

It's been quite enjoyable to see how players are actually forming parties instead of just leeching themselves on their rangers. It's far from being perfect but a step is a step.

• Scias likes this

#18 ViniciusZ

ViniciusZ

Vinni!

• Player
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

Actually I saw more partys. Rangers still OP, leeching their other chars and solo-ing MvPs. btw I've seem your second reply very different of first. 

I only want the best to this server, but I (many ppl share this opinion) don't know if the way it is going is right.

#19 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

You most likely didn't understand me, my reply was regarding the community aspect of the server and not the actual content, which is what Brulikrax was complaining about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users