Photo

Pc turns off after 20min~2hours of gameplay.

PC Crash Turn off

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 brummert

brummert

Chonchon

• Player
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

I have a good pc and play a lot of games on it, like... BF3, BF4, Shadow of Mordor, but, everytime i try to play LeikaRO, my pc just turn off after a few minutes. Wtf is happening? Any ideas? (I used to play another Private ragnarok server, so... wtf?)

I really liked the server, but it's unplayable, at the moment.

Edit: Forgot about some informations.

1- Now i'm using windows 8.1, but the game used to crash on windows 7 too.
2- It's not overheating. (Of course... ragnarok.)
3- All drivers up to date.

Heeelp, Pleeease!! =O

Edited by brummert, 19 January 2015 - 10:29 AM.

#2 SlapZ

SlapZ

Chonchon

• Player
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:54 AM

You sure this isn't overheating issue?

Just because It's Ragnarok, or any older game, doesn't mean it can't turn your gpu white hot.

Titan Quest, Neverwinter Nights 2, Bioshock - there are plenty of older games that are known to overheat even modern machines.

I've seen WoW TBC or WotLK overheat machines that are ice cold on Cataclysm+

#3 Bite

Bite

8bit

• Player
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

Random shut down pretty much sounds like an overheating problem. What does the crash look exactly like? Freeze and buzzing noise of last sound? Windows shut down? BSoD? Sudden power off?
Please also check your Windows event log. Maybe you'll see something helpful in there.
Is your PC custom built? Also check your memory usage for possible memory leak. And get some tools to monitor your cpu and gpu's temperature.

#4 brummert

brummert

Chonchon

• Player
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

Well. It's a custom pc.
No. It isn't overheating. (I've checked a lot of times)
My memory is ok.
I'll try to see the windows event log when it happens again.

#5 Riggs

Riggs

Roon Knight+

• Player
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:47 PM

Sounds like a video card conflict/issue. Try playing around with the 'graphics device' in opensetup.exe - or in other words, switch from hardware to software rendering or visa versa.

#6 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:38 PM

I used to have this issue when over-currenting the PSU. I used to have a PSU that was made in an unfortunate time when they thought super safe dual rail PSU's were a good idea. I know RO doesn't seem like something that over-currents the CPU but over-currenting is one of the only things that would instantly shut down your computer with no errors or bluescreens. Even over-heating usually just throttles your CPU and reduces the speed and voltage of it to cool it down.

You can play BF4 which is much more taxing on both CPU and GPU so I have no idea, but instant shut downs are usually due to over-currenting. Check when your PSU was made. If it was around the 2008-2010 era they made some terrible safety measures where if either of the rails detected over about 18amps of current, it would instantly power off the machine. Most modern GPU's can draw much more power than that at times. Make sure you have a single rail PSU with a trip fuse of much higher such as 30-80amps.

Software issues usually return errors, and hardware issues usually result in a bluescreen or your PC buzzer beeping.

The other thing to check just in case is to run DXDIAG and check your directx drivers are up to date and all other info looks correct there.

#7 Ruiseart

Ruiseart

Chonchon

• Player
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

I wanna lean on it being a comparability issue. What Graphic card are you using? (Keep in mind Ragnarok hates newer Invidia Cards 700 series most notably) Ragnarok also doesn't getting along very well with windows 8 either so I'd recommend running with Xp compatibility.

#8 brummert

brummert

Chonchon

• Player
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

Thanks . Now I 'm testing everything you bros suggested .

#9 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:06 PM

Reroll class.

#10 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:38 PM

I wouldn't be so sure about Ragnarok being such an easy game for your PC to handle. It's old and terribly optimized for newer hardware. Probably terribly optimized for older hardware as well tbh. You said your components aren't overheating, so I agree with Scias, and think it's very likely your PC is drawing too much power from your power supply. My 3570k i5 at 4.2Ghz is maxing out (100% on all cores) with just a few clients open.

#11 NiHZ

NiHZ

Allons-y!

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:50 AM

Yeah, RO's stupid. It runs the graphics even if it's minimized and demands things from you that it has no right demanding. I've only ever had my computer shut down from overheating, so that's odd. Like someone else said make sure it's running in compatibility mode.

Q: are you running fullscreen? Try it in a smaller window, maybe, if you are.

#12 brummert

brummert

Chonchon

• Player
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

Well... Still the same.

1-I play on windowed mode.
2-Max CPU temperature--67C. (It's ok)
3-I played like... 3 private servers on this pc and this never happened.
4-Yesterday i played 3~4 hours of BF3 and nothing happened.

I'll gonna test another private server again.

If nothing works i'll try to make a "Underclock" on my R7850 video card and see if my the problem is my... 600w Thermaltake Power Suply. (I don't think so...)

#13 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:59 AM

If your PSU is around 5-6 years old, the wattage isn't the problem, it's the fact that it would be dual rail, where it would shut down if either rail exceeds 18A. My old power supply was 800W and would instant-poweroff on like skyrim etc. Single rail PSU's have the safety fuse rated much higher so won't shut down until over 50A is met, basically only when a massive spike happens.

#14 brummert

brummert

Chonchon

• Player
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:16 AM

Well... My PSU is a Thermaltake TR2 600W. I don't really understand about PSU's so... =P

I instaled another Private server and... Turned off my pc too! Thats so strange.

+- one month ago i had no problem with ragnarok, but now... wow.

#15 NiHZ

NiHZ

Allons-y!

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:02 AM

Is it a desktop computer or a laptop? Have you changed your power settings?

#16 brummert

brummert

Chonchon

• Player
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

It's a Desktop.

#17 brummert

brummert

Chonchon

• Player
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

Also... i found this on my Windows event log --->  critical kernel power ID 41 task category 63

#18 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:15 PM

IF it only happened recently id check what you changed recently. heck it could even be a virus.

Also note that new Renewal clients are shit ass optimized and will sap everything out of your CPU and (probably) GPU aswell. What you can try is to install another private server that is running on pre-renewal with a pre-renewal client and see if it crashes/Turns off. If it still does. It must be something driver related, since other games dont crash it seems unlikely to be hardware.

#19 Krabs

Krabs

Simply Mc Flirty

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

use only 1 core

#20 padkoto

padkoto

Steel Chonchon

• Player