19 replies to this topic

#1 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

Before you come with the classic sever argument : "But they are tradeable now" let me tell you my opinion why i dont think it matters or outweights this nerf.

First off, great, Mora Coins are now tradeable. And People sell one coin for 350k~400k Zeny per Piece. Now because this is super nice, we will now have to pay another playr about 8(EIGHT) Million Zeny if we play a class that cannot do dailies effectively on their own. 4 MIllion if we got the usual 10 per day. That.Is.Crazy. How many of those 150 players actually bought Mora Coins or sold them to great effect?

But Flash, now you can do it with all your alts and trade yourself all them coins!
If thats the argument, why are the admins hating(nerfing) on solo-play interaction&gameplay styles all the time? And making it 20 coins doesnt even matter at this. Because right now it simply takes twice as long to get a proper mora gear, than before.

By doing dailies you can generate about 10 mora coins. Thats, realistically speaking, about 200 coins a month with a single character. Thats 10 Mora gears in a month instead of 20, unless you decide to bring your personal china bot army and go thru this chore multiple times a day and waste your time on that.

Now any one who played before this change and got their gear high refined much more easily, is now at a huge time advantage over people who play after the nerf. Or you force players to make tons of alt accounts to make up for that, which isnt really a great idea.

Sadly mora gear only really shines when its high refined for the enchants, but right now i dont see this anywhere possible unless you put half ur day time on farming mora coins which simply doesnt make sense for a private server, dont you agree?

Dont come with the "Its official on kRO" thing, we have all kinds of servers mixed and were a private server for a reason, eh?
Plus it never caused a problem on other servers so i dont see why it would cause one here.

Some math for the refining process:
0.384% chance +0-+9 (with normal metals but since others are so cheap lets go with the...)
2.916% chance +0-+9 (Enriched)
100/2.916 = 34.29ish
so you need 35 armors
to +9
That is 3 months time and some more now for a single person for a single +9 armor piece.
lets not forget armors can break while enchanting :')

Edited by FlashCombo, 25 January 2015 - 12:11 PM.

• BeI, ViniciusZ and Tilly like this

#2 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:08 PM

I agree, not to mention certain classes are trash without mora, like HS RKs.

#3 fish

fish

Stranger

• Player
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

It would be great if GMs, or developers, discussed which things going to be changed, the reason and such, with the players first, before implementing them on the server. Or at least let us know what's going to be changed.

Sudden change like Mora coins only made us confused, the server is not in beta anymore after all.

• Innomite and ViniciusZ like this

#4 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

The reason is that we were using outdated values (as most servers do), still need to get around removing randomization for AB/WL gear and change the enchanting system for those.

#5 Denkuro

Denkuro

Chonchon

• Player
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

There has always been a way to trade Mora Coins, just buy one of the AB rings and sell it to someone else then he have to return it to the npc and it will give you 10 mora coins back. imo that  "But they are tradeable now" is just stupid, an excuse to rise the price for those who don't know the full extent of the Mora Coin system

And btw i thought in kRo you can get Armor and Accesory of most sets as drops...

• BeI and ViniciusZ like this

#6 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:20 PM

There has always been a way to trade Mora Coins, just buy one of the AB rings and sell it to someone else then he have to return it to the npc and it will give you 10 mora coins back. imo that  "But they are tradeable now" is just stupid, an excuse to rise the price for those who don't know the full extent of the Mora Coin system

And btw i thought in kRo you can get Armor and Accesory of most sets as drops...

Or you can just have someone buy the equip for you and give it to you. No one buys coins in multiples of anything besides 10.

Edited by BeI, 25 January 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#7 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:56 PM

Exactly, and Mora drops were removed.

ON officials you can farm some of the most important mora parts, so having 20 cost there isnt as bad, because farming offsets the increased costs and adds some more options, than just grinding the god damn same daily for MONTHS.

here drops were removed. So honestly, setting it to 20 coins simply seems unfair in so many ways.

• ViniciusZ likes this

#8 ViniciusZ

ViniciusZ

Vinni!

• Player
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:40 PM

+1 Flash. btw then I have advantage over new players cause I got all my sets (and good refine rate suite) w/ 10 coins each piece. How much time a new player will spend for get it? I thought they wanted new players...

Edited by ViniciusZ, 26 January 2015 - 02:45 PM.

#9 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:33 AM

Isn't increased price supposed to keep similar obtainability of mora gears? Last time I was using those NPCs, I think you could pick type of equips you wanted and then you got random version. For example as an AB you picked staff and you had 50% to get judgement staff, 50% for affection staff. Because of randomization, the more gears you buy (and you buy them to enchant/refine for additional bonuses), the closer you got to 2 tries to get desired equip, and 2 tries was 20 coins. Now, if I understand correctly, randomization will be gone and price will be increased to 20, so in the end everything stays the same.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

#10 Lyka

Lyka

Uwa~

• Player
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:16 AM

It's the no longer cheap whitewing thats the issue, obviously.

#11 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:41 AM

It was only AB gears that were random iirc. GX and ranger gears are selectable. Not sure about WL and RK

#12 Lyka

Lyka

Uwa~

• Player
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:43 AM

Wish I could edit posts so I could just expand on a previous post..

I would prefer it if certain ranger/rk/gx parts could drop at a low rate (like on some officials) to offset the price increase. Also keep the increase coming for AB/Warlock but allow them to choose pieces.

Random equipment is shit. Unless people like only needing 10 coins and having to do lots of trading...

Edited by Lyka, 27 January 2015 - 01:48 AM.

#13 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:12 AM

Considering there're warlock mora gear trade threads, they had just 25% chance to get desired staff. That would mean that if randomization is gone, WLs have it easier now. Just make one consistent scheme for all mora gears.

Edited by Psor, 27 January 2015 - 02:12 AM.

#14 Byte

Byte

Puppetmaster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:31 AM

was considering adding back certain Mora gear pieces as very low drop rates (0.05-0.1% probably) so they can be acquired from (higher level) mobs but not effectively farmed for en masse. this would include the addition of custom mob drops for the pieces that never dropped before.

still in discussion, so hold tight while we figure out what we're going to do.

#15 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:45 PM

I would rather keep all the pieces at NPCs instead of having to brainstorm about which mobs should drop what (do we really need to add let's say all the warlock robes and accessories as drops?), it's more consistent and it's what most are used to.

#16 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:53 PM

@Psor
While it makes sense what you say, as far as i know randomization (for all classes) will be taken out and only the RK GX and Ranger sets will cost 20 coins. The reason for this is explained in previous posts. (officials)

But here its simply changed because ranger hate post-launch.

For consistency, imho, everything selectable at 10 coins.

Edited by FlashCombo, 27 January 2015 - 12:54 PM.

• BeI likes this

#17 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:47 PM

In the early stages of the server mora gears seem extremely rare but if you look at all the past servers, this gear seems to increase exponentially as the server ages and you end up with mora gear for just a couple of million. I don't mind an increase in price, and getting rid of randomization. But it doesn't affect me much.

#18 Byte

Byte

Puppetmaster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

after some discussion, here's how things are going to work

Mora gear will be reverted to 10 Mora Coin cost

Warlock and AB Mora gear will be selectable instead of random (might not be next patch, but we'll get it in)

gear coin cost may change in the future

Mora gear dropping from mobs (they don't right now) may change in the future

#19 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

doesnt matter, you can trade coins thru ring and gear anyway.

#20 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

Which is why they were made tradable, just less hassle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users