• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 alchefuck

alchefuck

Chonchon

• Player
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

I've been playing at LeikaRO for almost 2 weeks now: time to over-refine gears.
After talking to some players and reading discussions on #main about the Refinement System in here I got big doubts about it, especially cause of *presumed* customizations; so here it goes some questions.

1. Does WS JLevel 70 and Mechanic JLevel 60 have the same EXACT refining bonus (+10%) or one of the two is better? The bonus is applied also on refines above +10 and keeps the same entity (+10%)?
2. I noticed here WS/Mechanic can even refine armors: does Weaponry Research bonus (the +10% mentioned above) affects also armors refining?
3. Refine Weapon/Armor can be used with Enriched and High Density ores or those are for NPC exclusive use?
4. How Enriched ores works here?
• +50% success rate on base success rate (example: refine armor from +6 to +7 with Enriched Elu = 40% + 20% for a total of 60% success chance);
• +50% to base success (example: refine armor from +6 to +7 with Enriched Elu = 40% + 50% for a total of 90% success chance);
• rate it's a fifty-fifty coin flip (example: attemt to refine with Enriched ores, at any rate level up to +9, provides 50% chances to success and 50% chances to fail/break);
• other.
5. Last but most important: is possible to have refinement success rate tables for at least weapons level 3 and 4 and armors from +0 to +20 (posting it on LeikaRO Wiki would be fine too, or even better)?

These questions can seem a bit stupid (an maybe are), but I prefer to ask and solve my doubts about LeikaRO potential costumizations than waste sources.
Thanks in advance for any answer willing to come.

Edited by DiesIrae, 25 January 2015 - 01:39 PM.

#2 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. NPC only.

4. Enricheds grant a second roll upon failure.

5. Chances below +10 are the same as official ones, chances for +10 and above are mentioned in the refinement system thread.

• alchefuck likes this

#3 alchefuck

alchefuck

Chonchon

• Player
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

Perfect, and thank you for the fast reply!

#4 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:35 AM

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. NPC only.

4. Enricheds grant a second roll upon failure.

5. Chances below +10 are the same as official ones, chances for +10 and above are mentioned in the refinement system thread.

Wait, Enriched ores grant a second roll upon failure? Enriched as in the ores used by Suhnbi? I've broken a bunch of things with enriched ores, and Suhnbi never gave any second chances. The item just disappeared immediately. Do you mean HD ores?

#5 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:41 AM

No, I mean enriched, the chance is rerolled again if you fail, it isn't something you get to "see" though.

#6 padkoto

padkoto

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:51 AM

I assumed we had the same rates as the one on irowiki for enriched. Means our rates are slightly better for under 10 if we're using rerolls

#7 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:53 AM

They work like that on officials as well and as far as I know, that was never changed.

#8 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:15 AM

Really o.O??

I failed twice in a row getting two level 4 weapons to +5 today. If what you're saying is correct, that means there was 1/10000 chance of that happening. Seems unlikely! According to this, it's 99% chance of getting to +5, 84% to +6, 84% again to +7. That means roughly 70% chance to get to +7 in total. Out of seven attempts, three of my weapons have broken going to +5 (so, at +4), three going to +6, and one going to +7. It's a small sample size, but given the probabilities, it seems very unlikely that I was being given two chances per attempt.

Edit: I spose irowiki is wrong with this information as well. I guess two attempts means two attempts at the non-enriched rate, which would make more sense.

Edited by neferefer, 26 January 2015 - 02:24 AM.

#9 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:35 AM

You get two chances at the non-enriched rate... that's what you were saying. Didn't read carefully enough. Man, can't trust irowiki for anything.

Then I've got another question. Does the WS bonus increase the refine chance to 110% of its original value, or does it add a flat 1/10 onto whatever the percentage already is?

Edited by neferefer, 26 January 2015 - 02:38 AM.

#10 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:48 AM

It adds flat 10%.

#11 neferefer

neferefer

Chonchon

• Player
  • 45 posts