• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zecronias

Zecronias

Chonchon

• Player
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

Ok first off, I want only Admins or GMs to respond to this post please.

I read around the forums because I was curious as to why many mobs were just doing ludicrous amounts of damage with magic/skills. Evil druids were 1 shotting me with heavens drive. Banshees have insane damage with soul strike of darkness. I read about this issue in the forums and it was basically 6 pages of flaming and arguments.

I heard it was due to a mix of jRO/kRO mechanics, I heard it was a new patch for kRO or something, or rAthena/hercules and all sorts of stuff I'm confused about.

Myself along with a couple of my friends joined here just a few days ago and we find this sudden news very unattractive..... It was not listed anywhere in the server information at all. I really like the features of this server but I don't think we will stay if this is how monster magic is going to work.

So here are my questions.

What is the "Real" reason as to why monsters have insane magic damage?

Will this ever be reverted back to how normal servers/vanilla kRO damage should be?

If it is changed, in what manner will it be changed? Completely to normal? or this 25%/50% reduction in damage on weak mobs only....?

If there is a change in the future, approximately when do you think this will happen?

Thank you for anyone who puts constructive input here!

#2 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:53 PM

The damage you experience is due to both renewal monster's MATK formula and updated database, this isn't due to any custom change per se, and yes, spells hurt in renewal, this damage is "normal" but maybe a bit higher than intended.

We'll be updating to latest herc pretty soon, which supposedly tackles this issue, though we did compare the damage to that of Aegis servers and it seems to be fairly similar, issue seems to lie in certain specific low level mobs.

We're going to see how the update changes things and adjust those few problematic mobs in case the issue still persists.

Meanwhile, I suggest using elemental armor cards and reductions.

#3 Zecronias

Zecronias

Chonchon

• Player
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

Thank you for your response. I still feel that sometimes even an elemental armor card would still hurt pretty hard though... especially on a 13k per hit waterball from drake, but as long as an update in the future to fix low level mobs is in the air that is nice to know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users