2 replies to this topic

#1 Salad

Salad

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

I understand the server has customized status effects and resists to some extent. I've noticed you can use items while under Stun, Stone Curse, Freeze, and probably Sleep, etc for example. What I would like to ask is how status effect resistance and duration works here. I am still used to pre-renewal to begin with, so it is hard to keep track of server specific changes on top of that.

• Does level play into formulas, and if so for both monsters/players?
  • PvP wise, how does Status Resist work when both players are 175? Can you get immunity from stats? Specifically for "classic" ones like Sleep, Silence, Stun, Curse ...
  • Do cards like Sropho work with bows? On official it seems to specify melee attacks. Likewise, Miming Card says "Autocasts Lv.1 Deep Sleep Lullaby when physically attacking" as opposed to Inflicting Deep Sleep, is it actually an autocast here or is it a description error?

iROwiki is sketchy but it's the only reference site I'm aware of for this stuff, is there somewhere more up to date?

Additionally, I recall reading when Renewal first came that there is a HIT/FLEE penalty based on level difference. How does it work here? Levels have always affected hit/flee to begin with so I don't know if there is something on top of that now.

Thanks!

#2 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:24 AM

Does level play into formulas, and if so for both monsters/players?

It does for certain new statuses, such as deep sleep.
There's a mention on iROwiki that old statuses inflicted by targets 15 levels above you will ignore status resistances entirely but that's not something i've seen implemented anywhere and there isn't any clear info available.

PvP wise, how does Status Resist work when both players are 175? Can you get immunity from stats? Specifically for "classic" ones like Sleep, Silence, Stun, Curse ...

The differences from default implementation are:

You need 120 in a stat instead of 100 to achieve the resistance cap.
The cap doesn't provide immunity but rather 90% resistance and duration reduction, you need gear bonuses to achieve immunity.

In practice this means that instead of being always immune by default to pretty much everything, you might get statused sometimes for a short duration even with the status cap.
This also gives skills like Poison Buster an use.

Do cards like Sropho work with bows? On official it seems to specify melee attacks. Likewise, Miming Card says "Autocasts Lv.1 Deep Sleep Lullaby when physically attacking" as opposed to Inflicting Deep Sleep, is it actually an autocast here or is it a description error?

Sropho and Miming only proc from melee attacks, Little Fatum only from spells and Banaspaty from melee or ranged physical attacks. As for miming, it's the status itself, not the skill, I'll correct the description.

iROwiki is sketchy but it's the only reference site I'm aware of for this stuff, is there somewhere more up to date?

You can find posts about kRO updates on iROwiki forums but the wiki itself is fairly outdated in some aspects.

Additionally, I recall reading when Renewal first came that there is a HIT/FLEE penalty based on level difference. How does it work here? Levels have always affected hit/flee to begin with so I don't know if there is something on top of that now.

Not as far as I know, it's the same deal as before.

#3 Salad

Salad

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:22 PM

That is a shame about the cards, at least they'll never take away Earth Bow from me (?!) Speaking of which, from what I understand 100 Hard MDEF is Freeze/Stone Curse immunity still. Does that mean it is literally impossible to inflict those on higher level monsters...? Normal Kathyrens have 555 MDEF (uh)

After getting 90~100 VIT I don't seem to stun at all now. I don't quite understand how the resist works now because it doesn't seem linear like before, especially if the cap is at 120. How does LUK affect resistance here? And is the status resist formula still open for change in the future? I'd have to test with an actually carded status weapon but I'm not really seeing how everyone won't be running with 85%+ status resist&duration reduction considering the base level of 175... which is like a 0.5 second status if it lands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users