#1 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:43 PM

Here ye, Here ye! I've got a few suggestions I'd like to make. Why? Because I noticed a few odd things on my first day of meandering on this server. Most of these are extremely trivial, easy fixes, but I feel they're important to address.

Novices with no Zeny

Spoiler

Tool Dealer

Spoiler

Warper

Spoiler

Kafra

Spoiler

@die

Spoiler

Cursor

Spoiler

Blind

Spoiler

Stylist

Spoiler

Missing NPC's?

Spoiler

First Class Job Level Cap.

Spoiler

@mobsearch

Spoiler

Claymore, Blast Mine, and Land Mine

Spoiler

In any case, Sorry that the text here is so grandiose.

Now... Stop thinking about that character. I know you were still thinking about it.

#2 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:26 PM

Woah! Such a long list!

Thanks for these suggestions, I really like some of them ! :D

On a side note, some things you suggested are in already :P

Check the Kafra, you'll see that there's a rental function, and there's a full set of dealers in the Mall :P

#3 Byte

Byte

Puppetmaster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:38 PM

Starting Zeny: Yes

Tool Dealers have had their redundant items removed in favor of the Item Mall, which will be accessible from every town shortly

still think we need a separate warper NPC

i initially wanted @die for players, but it would be silly to have some scrub mash @die the moment he comes close to death in pvp, since we'll be counting kills for certain reasons sometime soon. there are ways around this, though

cursor out of the viewable area is out of my knowledge and completely up to rikter

zooming out past blind has been a commonly known trick for a while, i'd say lets just keep it and focus on more important things

stylist suggestions will be kept in mind, albeit low priority

you can rent stuff from the kafra. we've also implemented mado gear as an active skill, allowing you to mount your mado at any time at the cost of 20 fuel.

disagree completely with @mobsearch. part of ro's charm is teleing around trying to find stuff, possibly missing it by a single cell or have it tele away from the spot you would have landed in 1ms later.

removing cast times for the hunter traps is in the to-do list

my 2cents

#4 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:26 AM

Shweet. :D I'm glad to see these responses.

And yeah, sorry for not looking harder for the stuff that's already implemented. Again, I'm blonde. Blonde people can't do shit. ^_^

#5 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:20 AM

@die

Have you discussed @go yet? Seems like a more hardcore server than truero so I wouldn't be surprised if you guys don't want it, but it would clear up this issue and some other issues, as you can disable it in pvp etc. @die just seems a little desperate and weird to use given that you can be resurrected (by someone by accident, or by a troll) when dead, although it can be handy for getting rid of orc faces or long term status inflictions.

Cursor

I've had many conversations about this and it's apparently a tough one to deal with judging by truero's incompetence. Zoom range, draw distance of sprites, cursor glitches, clicking range, all seem to be related. Truero lets you zoom out all the way and has a long draw distance, yet has unplayable WoE due to cursor glitch which I'm not sure is related to this. Other servers such as RebirthRO have tried to increase zoom range, only to have your clicking range reduced by accident so they basically cancelled that. Also it seems increasing zoom range introduces a slight cursor glitches where you could be hovering above the ground just on the edge of the default zoom range, right click, and it gives you the options as if you right clicked a player on the other side of the screen. It's rare enough to be shrugged off but I'm sure you've all seen that. Cookie/Velvet worked like that but I think were the best in this area with extended zoom, and minimal cursor glitches. I can't remember how far their sprite draw distance was though. Looks like there is hope in this area. Sorry I can't chime in more but I have a feeling Riktor is knowledgable in this area.

First Class Job Levels

To quote a certain person known for his constahate, and named after a north western part of africa: "I disagree". I enjoy the hard work of making a hybrid AB for example, and this would change the game too much for elite players. Their skill partly lies in deciding their build and skills and choosing wisely and tactically which build to have. I'm all for cheap or free skill/stat resets but giving people all the skills, even 1st class skills would impact the competitive part of the game too greatly I think. The hard work and speciality of a hybrid build would become trivial to achieve rendering the care and tactics that go into making builds redundant. This goes for many classes, who could max all their fundamental skills, they may not be great skills, but having all pre-requirements maxed for your 2nd class skills would give rise to some all round OP characters and kill the dynamics of skill speciality. I believe sages, monks, wizards, priests among others would benefit too greatly. I also disagree that blonde people can't do shit. Eryx is the one who can't do shit. I taught him how to sorc and look at him now still useless.

#6 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:33 AM

@die

Stuff about @go.

Cursor

Stuff about how the cursor is a bitch and it makes his bestiality kick in and his knob hard.

First Class Job Levels

Stuff about imbalance, hybrid builds, and Eryx's dick.

So you're saying Blondes aren't the only dumb ones out there? Well, I'd agree. However, I rest my case that we're some of, if not the most idiotic people on this planet. :D

Responses:

@die
     Yeah, @go would fix these issues, especially if @go was disabled in WoE and PvP. I'd note that @go should only teleport you to towns though, and not dungeons (no exceptions).

Cursor

I haven't kept up with Renewal emulation enough to understand just how terrible fixing these issues are. I'll definitely say that I would take the suggestion with a grain of salt. What if you hypothetically fix all cursor issues with zero bugs, then patch the game a month later? Say hello to a mountain of cursor bugs (because coding).

First Class Job Levels

I see what you're saying, Scias, and I don't disagree at all. Perhaps I just don't take it as seriously as you do (ZOMG SCIAS IS SO HARD CORE).

Eryx

fgt knt du sht, bch plz

Edited by Gionelles, 21 October 2014 - 01:35 AM.

#7 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:49 AM

Pff i'm not that hardcore, i'm talking for those who are though.

#8 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:54 AM

LOL LIKE ERYX? 

His dick is so hard, all the way to the core.

Edited by Gionelles, 21 October 2014 - 01:55 AM.

#9 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:28 AM

It is when I'm around. I think Juve suggested "have you tried turning it off and on again?". I've tried but he's only turned on when I'm around.

I've been told I'm a walking ecstasy. That explains his obsession with me.

#10 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:35 AM

*Nods and starts writing down notes* Mmmyus, dis makes sense to me. No one can contain themselves around you, Scias. Though, you're more than just walking ecstasy. You're like walking laxatives and ecstasy. Why? Because shits 'n' giggles.

Edited by Gionelles, 21 October 2014 - 02:35 AM.

#11 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:32 AM

For some reason my name just magically appears on every forum post. Thanks for the shout out Scias.

Looking forward to obliterating each and every char you have in pvp Gio, again. Of course truero isnt gonna be the last analrape youll get.

#12 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:02 AM

For some reason my name just magically appears on every forum post. Thanks for the shout out Scias.

Looking forward to obliterating each and every char you have in pvp Gio, again. Of course truero isnt gonna be the last analrape youll get.

D'aww, you're so cute~ :wub:  I can't wait to rek you right back, scrub! (Well... then again, we just might end up in the same guild together).

Edited by Gionelles, 21 October 2014 - 07:07 AM.

#13 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:36 AM

Cursor

I've had many conversations about this and it's apparently a tough one to deal with judging by truero's incompetence. Zoom range, draw distance of sprites, cursor glitches, clicking range, all seem to be related. Truero lets you zoom out all the way and has a long draw distance, yet has unplayable WoE due to cursor glitch which I'm not sure is related to this. Other servers such as RebirthRO have tried to increase zoom range, only to have your clicking range reduced by accident so they basically cancelled that. Also it seems increasing zoom range introduces a slight cursor glitches where you could be hovering above the ground just on the edge of the default zoom range, right click, and it gives you the options as if you right clicked a player on the other side of the screen. It's rare enough to be shrugged off but I'm sure you've all seen that. Cookie/Velvet worked like that but I think were the best in this area with extended zoom, and minimal cursor glitches. I can't remember how far their sprite draw distance was though. Looks like there is hope in this area. Sorry I can't chime in more but I have a feeling Riktor is knowledgable in this area.

I don't know if I understood the issue here, but it seems that you can zoom out a lot, but you can't click on "outer" area of such big screen?
'cause if this is the issue, I think I can do nothing about it. RO client was designed for 17 visibility cells for sprite rendering, with 14 cells of Chars/Mobs reach. To allow users to click (and make char walk) to a bigger area (bigger as shown by increase-range client like the one we have) means that I should increase both visual range and effective can-reach range, that would need a whole edit of mob AI and players AI [Unless you don't want to see players (Snipers) killing stuff from 25 cell range and/or mobs starting chasing players from that distance too.]:

Real issue here is that zoom. I personally was against increasing it. I'm one of those users that always played with such big zoom, but in the end...what's the poing of having it, when the client won't render objects more than the standard zoom range?

#14 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

Real issue here is that zoom. I personally was against increasing it. I'm one of those users that always played with such big zoom, but in the end...what's the poing of having it, when the client won't render objects more than the standard zoom range?

I can think of a reason: what if you want your menus, stat screens, and chat bar to be visible, but not get in the way? I love having RO run a high enough res that the windows don't take up a lot of screen room anyways, yeah. However, I still find it nice when I can zoom out to the point that none of those windows are in my effective clicking range, IE in my way.

Edited by Gionelles, 21 October 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#15 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

D'aww, you're so cute~ :wub:  I can't wait to rek you right back, scrub! (Well... then again, we just might end up in the same guild together).

I guess you couldnt get over what happened to you in TrueRO PvP.

About the cursor glitch: I think I know what Scias is talking about though and I think that shit only exists in truero cause lolbadDEV. Theres times that the cursor turns into an attack cursor when you click a farther part of the screen when youre trying to move.

Edited by Syncope, 21 October 2014 - 08:36 AM.

#16 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

I guess you couldnt get over what happened to you in TrueRO PvP.

Lol you took that seriously? Well then, if that's a serious match to you, I really do feel sorry for you.  B)

Edited by Gionelles, 21 October 2014 - 08:42 AM.

#17 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:39 AM

@novices and zeny

git gud casual scrub

@tool dealer

Just make every tool dealer have the same shit: FWs, BWs, bottles, arrows, silver arrows, fire arrows, pots (red, yellow, white, green), gems (all 3, just with different prices equal to total cost of buying blue gems and converting them) and ygg leaves. Then move tool dealers near the spawn point in each town.

@warper

+1

@kafra

git gud and carry BWs or at least tele clip/hat/whatever like every normal player does

@@die

abusable in BGs and fucks up stats that are supposed to be on this server. Git gud and carry BWs/tele clip.

@missing NPCs

Isn't in new clients banker built in the menu? It was avaible on either VelvetRO or Cookie in the last patch and it worked great. You could use it anywhere and didn't have to click through NPC dialogue windows (which are shit in RO because of small area, 'mehish' buttons and inability to use enter most of the time to 'click button').

+1 for rentals though

@1st class jlvl

-1 you disguisting scrub. Mage classes will profit from this massively because of ability to have all the useful skills like FW, SW, SC and eventually bolts maxed. These skills actually make a difference in WoE/PvP.

#18 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

Truero does have extended clicking range without extended skill range, meaning that this doesn't increase the range of rangers because they will still have to walk to within default shooting range before they cast their skill or attack, but are still able to click miles beyond the default range for walking. But given the insane amount of cursor issues in truero, I would agree it's not an important enough issue for you to go and change, too much of a risk to cursor issues. Actually the main difference between the two servers is sprite drawing range. You already have great clicking range. But as you say the code changing for sprite range might be risky and give rise to new issues. I don't think increased ranger range would happen though. The skill range would stay the same, but the ranger would just walk towards the mob before firing.

#19 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:32 PM

iirrc TrueRO has official zoom in/out so unles you use some modification that allows extreme zoom out then you can't even click outside of default range.

Edited by Psor, 21 October 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#20 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:49 PM

Ah true, I forgot the zoom isn't that big in truero. You can still click miles outside the zoom range though if the camera angle is correct. And you can still see the sprite draw distance is massive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users